Accepted Appealing Mute (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_COMIENZO

Donator
SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:545152969&Submit=Search

Name of your Banned Steam Account: cgpunk_
Steam ID 32 (How to get your Steam ID 32: Click here): STEAM_0:0:545152969
Reason about the Ban: Spam
Admin that Banned you: Emmathatsme
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban: Hi! I was playing on the 2fort server messing around as I usually do. There was also a dude telling Christmas stories in voice chat. The admin in question came on and started rambling about reddit and Islam trying to be funny when I asked "can you please be funny?" in voice chat as well as a half-joke. I was then asked to repeat myself in which I was then muted for 12 hours for spam (for presumably repeating myself when asked to?), and the guy telling Christmas stories was muted for harassment. To be quite frank neither of these 12 hour mutes make sense to me (the server seemed pretty pissed as well, with some regulars and non-regulars also complaining about it in voice chat after the admin left). The admin left almost immediately after muting us, and the server crashed shortly after.

Hey cgpunk_,

I'm sorry you feel like you were wrongly muted, sadly I did not record this session, so I can only go off what I remember–which isn't a lot.

I believe I muted you when I did a stealth disconnect, enabling me to stay in the server but make it appear like I left. I remember then having to mute someone because of some comments they made when I left, and that's when I started talking again–which then lead to our situation. I don't honestly remember what the phrase you were repeating was, but I am confident it was not repeated only twice–I wouldn't have muted you for Spam if that was the case. You were saying the same unedited phrase multiple times in voice chat, which prompted me to reply with something along the lines of, "Say it again and it's spam." Alas, you said it again and I muted you for spam. I then left shortly after because I had already been on for a few hours.

There was a lot going on in that portion of my session, and there was a lot of mutes that were being thrown out. Because of my that and there being no video of this, I am Neutral in my response, as I just don't remember what happened clear enough. Best.

Reactions: Zee
@Emmathatsme

You asked me to repeat myself after I asked you "can you please be funny" because you were spewing the typical "reddit islam haha funny" nonsense that- no offense, you always do when you enter the server. I don't know if it was the same for the other guy because he was saying generally rude things, but I said that exact phrase twice, and I've talked to others about it as well who were present and they've agreed. They also agreed that my mute was nonsense, including the person who I was messing around with who likely didn't know about my character at the time.
I said that phrase that got me muted twice, and since you have no video to back it up, it's my word, as well as the people who've vouched for me, over yours, and not a whole lot of people vouched for you given that the server turned into a trashtalk fest about you after you stealth disconnected, before the server crashed.

I hate to be rude here because I do mean this in genuine contexts, but what you did felt very extreme and abusive of admin privileges, and that's not just my word but the word of at least two people on my friends list currently and a small number of people who I was not friends with present on the server. I appreciate you responding though, and sorry if I came off as rude but this is an incident that genuinely troubled me as I was playing TF2 to vent off steam after a rough night.

EDIT: To add onto this, I am positive I only said "can you please be funny" twice. This was also when you started talking over other people on the server and rambling with the typical humor that you have when you show up on the server- I don't get how what I did was considered spam while what you did wasn't, even in your own words.

Since there are only personal accounts of what happened, to prevent this from going back and forth I am just going to admit my fault and apologize.

Sorry for escalating a situation that did not warrant it.

• Happy
Reactions: Bananawastaken
@Emmathatsme

I accept the apology but I do want to point out how this has made me feel. US 2fort is my favorite server to play on- if not, the only server I play on unless I'm playing Mann Up. It bothered me a lot especially given the circumstances that VC is a big reason of why I play TF2- to joke around and bond with others. I plead that you don't let something like this happen again especially given the circumstances. Thank you.

Reactions: Bananawastaken
It isn't letting me edit my post for some reason but I wanted to add that I didn't mean that in a condescending/jerk tone! I would've DMed you it but I didn't think about the forums DMs and I don't have your Discord, sorry!

Although expired I've added a comment to the communication block making the punishment void. It should not count towards your record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread