Declined Appeal request on possibly unjustifed gag. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wampiranta

SourceBans Ban URL: Panda Community SourceBans
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Wampiranta
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30771937
Date and Time of the Ban: 2020-03-11 20:40:31
Reason about the Ban: Foreign language
Admin that Banned you: Nikola
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:

Introduction and Nikola's behavior:
I believe the admin's interpretation of the rules and the way it was handled were highly uncharitable and even downright aggressive, unprofessional and overreactive towards my person.
Possibly he was already cross with me because of my past actions or/and because he already had bad humor at this particular time.
I'm not really interested in the mind-reading here or to be prosecutive towards him.
I understand more than anyone else that our emotions can get the better of us so I'm not really mad at him and I don't care about disciplinary actions towards him.
My actual goals are to remove the gag because I see it as unjustified and to not see similar behavior from admins here in the future and/or ideally, would ask to elaborate more in the "rules" section of the forum on what exactly disallowance of using a foreign language really means.

The case:
I typed foreign words twice in the chat after admin already warns some people (which did not include me) to not do it. I do not remember what exactly other players typed in I would imagine It would have to be check in the logs if that is of any relevance. A significant amount of time after my alleged breaking of the rules I was gagged which really caught me off guard so much so that I didn't even realize at first what I was gagged for. I did not get any warning that if I break the no foregin langauge rule again I will be gagged and I did not get any chance to even defend myself.

What of importance unraveled in the chat in chronological order:
1. Other people speaking in other languages and a possible first warning from an admin.
2. Server message from an admin appeared in chat: (ALL) ADMIN: English only please <-- second warning to players
3. First alleged offense in chat by me:
"Wampiranta: Kurw"
"Wampiranta: a"
4. Mix of english and possibly czech language from player named "major bonk" (Player did not get either a warning or a gag.)
5. Second alleged offense in chat by me:
"Wampiranta: Kurwa piwo"
6. Gag after few minutes was carried out by admin on me.

Evidence:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

My opening arguments as to why the gag itself was actually unjustified if anyone would want to confront me about it:
I do admit that I'm new on this server so maybe I don't know how the things are handled here but I hope I will see eye to eye with an admins on that issue.
I come from an old inactive now server that used to be called "HmX Gaming" which also enforced the same rule about foreign language but none of the admins would even dream about punishing me for the case described here.
As I see it, the whole reason behind the rule is to stop the chat from being buried under a wall of letters that nobody who can't speak the language can really decipher it.
The rule makes sense because It gets really annoying really quickly which in turn makes the experience on the server spoiled for the players.
To give an example I do not see how occasionally saying stuff such as cyka blyat, danke, touché, kurwa or piwo, hinder anyones fun because not only everyone more or less already knows what those words mean but also nobody particularly minds so there are no actual victims here.
Would you really scrutinize someone for using any non-english mercenary's quote from tf2 or explaining to someone how do you spell certain words in different languages or incorporating foreign words into your English?
If I'm actually wrong here and the management of the server sees the things differently than I would like to hear an explanation as to why I already noticed admins turning the blind eye to people using the foreign language in the same manner I did and even using it themself.
I do honestly hope the administration doesn't have a bias here in favor of their own staff because If they can use foreign words in certain context then It would hypocritical to punish me for doing the same.

First of all, you're not that new on the server: sessions, you were here for the first time on December and started playing regularly since 19th February during this time you've probably seen many times on chat the information that it's an english only speaking server.

I warned 2 new players that it's an english only server twice and the person you pointed out on second screenshot also warned them about the same but he wrote it half english half czech (I'm polish so I was able to understand that it was a warn). Now, after my warn to them, you wrote foreign words twice on chat, why? If I warned them about it, it also applies to you. That was simply provoking from your side.

The reason why gag happened after few minutes after that was because I lost my connection and I couldn't check sourcebans for your previous punishments.

Edit : Your mentor needs to comment, you don't get the final say.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Waxel and Furken
While I don't mind the occasional kurwa, in this context it does look like you are only doing it to push the boundaries and provoke the admin. Regarding major bonk, I've been told that he warned to speak English in a foreign language, which I believe that an admin should respond to by telling them that they shouldn't warn ppl in other languages, and while Nikola didn't take the best course of action (imo) in this situation, it is apparent that the guy did it with good intent and otherwise follows the English only rule. I've talked to Nikola about how to handle this kind of situation and I expect that this will not repeat itself.

Other than that I took a look at your chat logs (and the drama in shoutbox about it) and it appears that you didn't learn from your last 3 comm blocks and are still using racial slurs and are breaking other chat rules. Take this as a warning to stop it before you get yourself perm-gagged. We are strict on our no racism rule. I won't extend the gag any more in hope that you will change for good.
Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread