Accepted Agent's Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent C

Name/Nickname: Name is Dan, in-game is Agent C

Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:1:186228952

Online Times and timezone: I have been coming on almost everyday. On weekdays and weekends I come on the server at different times, but usually stay for quite a while.

Do you have a Microphone?: Yes

Previous experience in Admin/Mod: I am currently a moderator for Jump Academy and have been one for almost a year now. I am also the Central Lounge Admin for Jump Academy where I am in charge of the various plugins on the server and handing out ranks to those that need it on our lounge servers.

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?: I am mostly on TX Dodgeball server, but have not visited the other servers. However, if there is help that is needed, I do not mind jumping onto other servers to help out.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: Yes, it is what we use for Jump Academy and on other TF2 servers

Why should we choose you?: I frequent the TX Dodgeball server and have notice that sometimes things can get out of hand and people get overly toxic. I have experience handling various situations whether it be on our jump servers or a pvp environment on our team death match servers.

What will you do as Admin?: I will tell people to tone it down when things start to get excessive, whether it be with micspam or chat spam. I will also see if people may be using inappropriate language or just being completely toxic overall and ruining the fun for others that would like to enjoy their time on the server. I will make sure they are aware of the rules that are in place and they have an understanding of what that rule means so they know what they did wrong. If problems continue to happen after warnings, then I would move on to punishing them, whether it be a gag, mute, kick, or ban all depending on various cases that can come up.

Many links to jump academy can be found on my profile. I have really enjoyed my time playing dodgeball on panda and it has been my go to place. I hope I can provide assistance to panda and make the server enjoyable for all.

Feel free to add me on steam if you need to contact me.

Player's GameMe
Player's Chatlog

First, I'd like to make a note about your chatlog. Two specific things stood out to me upon looking over it:

1. I'd recommend not calling people 'tard' or 'retard' as it can (and I say this only because I've seen people get into literal arguments over whether or not it's severely derogatory) be considered a slur towards people with mental illness.
cl 1.PNG
2. I've found, within the past few days, two big lines of chat that, upon examining the timestamps, would be considered chat spam. One of them was nearly a full minute of chat spamming, and I would advise against using these binds in such quick succession in the future.
cl 3.PNG
cl 2.PNG

Aside from that, your chatlog is decent and I don't see you using any racial slurs or whatnot, so that's a plus to me.

Your sessions range from approximately 30 minutes to over 3 hours, with most of the sessions being approximately over at least an hour, so that's good. One thing I'd like to see is the times you deem suitable for offenses, such as stealing or micspam. I.E:
Micspam: 10 mins, 30 mins, 2 hours, perm (please note these are random numbers, not official ban lengths)
The times shown above are examples for repeat offenses, naturally. It would be helpful if you were to provide such information on the ban/gag/mute times that you see as acceptable for offenses/repeat offenses.

Other than that, everything seems to be in order. I won't post a vote yet, as I'd like you to read over this and allow other admins to give their say as well. Once some other admins give their say, I'll look over things again and post my vote. I'll remain neutral for now. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: Spankyworld
Great application, missing a couple things, but that's what the thread is for.
I won't cover anything mentioned by Dio, but anything she said will certainly be equal in my eyes.

Agent is a seemingly collective and relaxed individual, I've seen him on Jump Academy many times and no red flags have ever been raised between him and myself.

As Loli shared, you have the (bare) minimum amount of hours required to apply.
You haven't been around the Panda DB scene for very long, so I can't say you are fluent with our policies, but you should understand them well enough by now.

"I am currently a moderator for Jump Academy and have been one for almost a year now. . ."

Zero prior experience can be managed, but someone who is already familiar with SM is more easily welcomed.
Chances are, we have the exact same list of commands, with minor variations. Shouldn't be anything too out of this world for you.
We do have some quirks to our commands, and I can provide you assistance with familiarizing yourself.

With that, I'd also like to point out the fact that you will need some free binds. Not a ton, but you will need a few essentials.
Considering your staff position on other servers, you may have to make some room, or to remember which server a bind belongs on.

". . . and have notice that sometimes things can get out of hand and people get overly toxic."

I completely share your sentiment regarding our common players, they can get out of hand real fast.
The toxicity, racism, and everything in-between is a constant reminder that TF2 players can be extremely immature.
Good point to cover, because this is our most common offense.. Spam, offensive / vulgar chat, racism, insulting, etc.

". . . If problems continue to happen after warnings, then I would move on to punishing them, whether it be a gag, mute, kick, or ban all depending on various cases that can come up."

Depends on the warning. It's very situational, and understanding the tools at your disposal can help you issue proper punishments / warnings.
Ex1
A player chasing a rocket all over the map, reflecting (missing) like a mad man, desperate to stand in the middle...
This player can be slapped around, to try to sway their behavior. And should be instantly slain if they do get a steal.
Continued rocket chasing will result in a slay if they are still obviously attempting to steal.

Ex2
A player is in statue near the central edge of the map, and a rocket travels too close for comfort which results in an "instinct" steal.
This player can be slapped (hard, mmmm) as a warning, without the need of a slay - followed by arguing the rule.

And to touch on policies and punishments, as Dio said.

We would like to see what your ideal punishments are.
I strongly recommend you find the archived admin applications, and view the accepted and declined apps.
This will give you better insight as to what we are looking for.

TLDR

- Clean up the policies and punishments
- Be diligent with your use of binds in chat
- Remain active

With these above, you will get a big fat +1 from me.

Apologies for the bind spam that I had done. I have a recollection of when it happened. I'm not sure if y'all use sm_listcomms or sm_listbans, but even if not then I will still check up on the history of what people get muted, gagged, or banned for to see their previous offenses. If someone is to be micspamming and it is there 1st time on the server and continuously do it after warnings, then I would issue a an hour mute if they do not want to listen. For chat spam 30mins on 1st offense. I would give racial slurs 2-4 hours, especially if they use a hard r. If the punishments are within short length span between each one, let's say they get 3 mutes/gags in a day, I would issue a ban twice the length if the last mute or gag.

Example:
We have a player that is just acting toxic, I would ask them to tone it down, but they just end up trying to insult me/disrespecting the admin. This case I would mute/gag them for an hour just so they can hopefully cool down. But if they then try to play with stealing rockets and other ways to ruin the game for others, then I would issue a ban of 2hrs.

30min, 1hr, 2hr, 4hr, 12hr, day, 3-4day, week, month, then perma is usually how I end up scaling up for offenses. That is if these are spread out mutes and gags that have been building up that leads to a permamute or permagag. If the offenses are all in short time spans, then I would quickly start moving to a perma ban after the 6th offense. So it would go 1hr, 2hr, 4hr, 12hr, day, 3-4days, permaban.

I had read the rules for dodgeball and looked at the helpful tips and advice that y'all have given and I can see how some people like to steal, block, orbit for too long, and team killing.

For those that steal on purpose, I would ask them to stop and slap them as well. If they continuously try to steal every game, then I would slay them after the 1st steal that they purposefully go for. If they are new to panda/dodgeball, I would explain to them what stealing is and why it is not allowed on the server.

For people that body block players/airblast right in front of people's faces without them expecting it. These people I would slap and warn them to move away from others. If they continue on doing it for 2 more times after they have been warned, then I would issue a 30min ban.

On the people that do team killing, I see this a lot recently and it has usually have been with friends or people that know each other on the server and they just say "pull the switch". I find this can be rude for some people and they put out their frustration in chat, while with some others they do this for their entertainment among friends that are fine with it. I would give these people a warning and slap as well, but if I see if this is being done to specifically target/harass a certain individual that is tired of this happening to them, then I would issue an hour ban on this person that is purposefully team killing.

All gags/mutes/bans all vary based on previous offense. Like I had stated before, if the offenses are all in a short time span, then the times will add up to lengthier/more severe punishments sooner than later. The gags/mutes that are like 1 every week or longer, or it has been a good while between punishments, these people would not see as harsh treatment compared to the previously explained example.

There is a lot more I can touch up on, and know there is not 1 single way to administrate over a server. All cases are different and I would like to continue on learning to become a better mod/admin in different environments. I really do enjoy dodgeball and got hooked on it fast. And it was mentioned before that I am still new to dodgeball compared to many veterans, but I have felt welcomed to the server and have started to find my place in the community. I hope I can help y'all out to the best of my ability.

Reactions: trash
I appreciate the followup, and the more.. elaborate list of punishments.
However your policies are still lacking in terms of individual block lengths.

You're not totally at fault here, our policies and punishments are not public knowledge.

"30min, 1hr, 2hr, 4hr, 12hr, day, 3-4day, week, month, then perma"

Here on Panda we always perm on the 6th offense, regardless of the previous lengths.
The only exception is if a ban or comm was appealed.
(Hopefully the admin who unbanned left a comment on SB...)
All bans have incremental time in comparison to the last.

So to refine your post, use the following terms, describe the offense, and how you would issue punishment.
Stealing, blocking, teamkilling, excessive orbit, call abuse, lewd or offensive sprays, gags and mutes, and cheating.

You may not have to deal with much if any cheating on jump, but in DB it's a deep rabbit hole that takes special care and attention.
As a trial admin, you will be expected to always record cheaters before you issue a ban, and submit it to a full admin for review.

Some advice: The average comm block starts at 60m, and the average ban starts at 12h.
That doesn't mean there is a minimum or maximum length, especially for lesser offenses.

• Informative
Reactions: trash
Going in the order for punishments that you have mentioned

Stealing
  • Slay + warning
    1. 240 minutes
    2. 720 minutes
    3. 1440 minutes
    4. 10080 minutes
    5. 20160 minutes
    6. Perma
Blocking
  • Slap + warning
    1. 120 minutes
    2. 240 minutes
    3. 720 minutes
    4. 1400 minutes
    5. 10080 minutes
    6. Perma
Teamkilling
  • Kick + warning
    1. 120 minutes
    2. 240 minutes
    3. 720 minutes
    4. 1400 minutes
    5. 10080 minutes
    6. Perma
Excessive orbit
  • Slap + warning
  • Freeze + warning
  • Kick + warning
Call abuse
  1. 240 minutes
  2. 720 minutes
  3. 1440 minutes
  4. 10080 minutes
  5. Perma
Lewd or offensive sprays
  • Kick + warning
  • Spray ban
Gags and mutes
  • Spam: 1-2 Warnings
    1. 120 minutes
    2. 240 minutes
    3. 720 minutes
    4. 1440 minutes
    5. 10080 minutes
    6. Perma
  • Insulting: 1-2 Warnings
    1. 120 minutes
    2. 240 minutes
    3. 720 minutes
    4. 1440 minutes
    5. 10080 minutes
    6. Perma
  • Racism: 1 warning
    1. 240 minutes
    2. 720 minutes
    3. 1440 minutes
    4. 10080 minutes
    5. Perma
Cheating/hacking
  • Ban the offender, submit evidence to mentor to apply a permaban.
And the times we have to deal with hackers on Jump Academy are on our Custom Hightower TDM servers. We always require evidence to be submit to us. But I have had my fair share of hackers that I needed to ban whether it be snipers aimbotting, pyros with autoreflect, and much much more.

Reactions: Pricholas
I’m a little late to the party, and my actual reply to this thread will be too, seeing as it’s 3 in the morning and I just got home from work. Just wanted to drop by and let you know I did see this!!

• Informative
Reactions: Pricholas
Alright, I'm here now, let's continue this shall we?

Funnily enough I do have a vague memory of seeing you on JumpAcademy before (haven't been on there in some time though) so I do remember you somewhat. However, I had no idea you also played on TX as much as you do, which also is just due to the fact that I don't have a lot of free time nowadays, work keeps me busy most of the evening and night aha. Anyways, I'm happy you decided to apply! Regarding what Pricholas said, from my experience, there's nothing I have seen you do that has set me off, and that's great. As you said, the people on this server can be very toxic at times, we need level-headed people to be there to calm it down if they get too out of hand. A few things to mention before I give my decision:

1. I do appreciate the fact that you have prior experience as being some sort of authoritative figure on a server, lets me know that you know what to do to keep things running smoothly.

2. As Pricholas also mentioned, you do just reach the minimum amount of time required to apply. To add on to this, I've never actually seen you play before (which like I said, could just be the fact that I'm usually not home or able to play TF2 myself). However, your sessions do look decent, so I will be lenient on this. I would like to play with you sometime, just to see how you act in the server, so at some point, add me, and I'll just be around to observe your behavior!

3. I really love that you do have some sort of idea of what your punishments will be if they are needed. Too many times people will say they'll push proper punishments onto any rule-breakers, but I think it's really important to know how as well. Of course we don't expect you to know our exact times and what not, but having a general sense is good! I believe it also shows a little bit of character, as in how strict or lenient you will be to any players that break the rules. From your list, I think you would be fair, which is exactly what you need to be.

4. I'm going to keep this last part short since Dio already mentioned it, but just try to keep your chat log, well, healthy I guess lol. We have to set an example for the other players, so try to keep any form of spam, etc to a minimum.

All in all, clean up your chat, keep being active, and most importantly don't forget to play with me :p, and you have my +1!

After allowing other admins to have their say, I'm posting here once again to change my final vote to a +1. I'd be happy to have you as a part of the DB admin team. c:

I'm remaining neutral in this matter. I haven't been on for long enough to get to know you. However, the feedback from the Dodgeball staff has been pretty positive.

Experience for administration by another server means you can, most likely, determine and figure your way out through most situations. Especially in a fast and moldable environment like dodgeball. I do not have much to say other than Good Luck and that you're keeping it pretty nice in the chatlogs for a few days already. Keep it up.

Cheers now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread