AFK Manager on DR/or map edit (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mertes

I am not sure if this has been suggested before, but it is really needed. Especially on night times when most admins are asleep or up to something else, or when the server stands empty from admins.

So, some maps already has a slayer that spawns or the room that you spawn in closes and kills the players inside. However, having some kind of AFK manager that kills a player after maybe 3-5 minutes of standing still would probably be pretty great. I am not sure how this works, but I've heard that this exists and I've seen it on some other servers.

Another thing could be that the people who are capable of editing maps (I know Ka and myself) could get the files for the map, go into editing them and putting an afk manager into it or something that kills the players in spawn. This is only needed on the maps without a slayer/afk slayer.

• Agree
Reactions: mosteraz and Raion
I still can remember the old times with an AFK manager, not only the red team is a prob. If the blue is afk and there is a trap (like dr_sawmill) that has to be activated until the reds can continue is pretty annoying too ^^

There's only 1 map I recall without an afk killer, it's smexytraps which is never played because it's bad. I'm not catching the point.

Our current afk manager puts people into spectator, but I guess it should be easy to make it slay instead (@SHADoW93). It could be rather useful, sometimes people just leave their computer screen to do something else, and without a motivator we would need to wait for the timer to end (if no admin is present, since it counts as delaying).

About the map part, we use maps that got updated years ago, and it's nothing we can suggest to Kevin since we need the authors to give us the original vmf file with the custom textured used. I doubt that's going to happen. Of course if they use standard textures and sounds only (which I highly doubt) then we could decompile them and modify them. The afk slayer as a plugin seems better though, and doesnt require so much work and time put into it.

EDIT: I also realised most authors dont allow people to modify and distribute their work. So just forget about editing maps.

Last edited:
Alright, forget about that editing thing then. @Joe, there is also dr_woods and a few more that I don't remember.

Our current afk manager puts people into spectator, but I guess it should be easy to make it slay instead (@SHADoW93). It could be rather useful, sometimes people just leave their computer screen to do something else, and without a motivator we would need to wait for the timer to end (if no admin is present, since it counts as delaying).

About the map part, we use maps that got updated years ago, and it's nothing we can suggest to Kevin since we need the authors to give us the original vmf file with the custom textured used. I doubt that's going to happen. Of course if they use standard textures and sounds only (which I highly doubt) then we could decompile them and modify them. The afk slayer as a plugin seems better though, and doesnt require so much work and time put into it.

EDIT: I also realised most authors dont allow people to modify and distribute their work. So just forget about editing maps.
modify the map and done, where is the problem?
decompile it with special tools and there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread