"AFK" Kicking on TX DB (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudNinja

Donator
So, I noticed an admin kicking for people being "AFK" in spectator today on TX DB. Now, while i understand the need for kicking people and it completely makes sense, what I don't understand is why in the timespan it would take for me to use the restroom and get a glass of water, I might be kicked?

Now, someone might say, "You're a donor, you have a reserved slot"
I'm not concerned about this for me, I'm concerned about it for other users that don't have the reserved privilege.

I'm a little confused and would really like this: When exactly do most staff kick for AFK?

1) Sometimes admins do make mistakes whether it is they wrongly make an action in not giving enough time before being kicked for being afk or kicking the wrong user.

2) I usually wait 2-3 rounds (depending on each time of the rounds) before kicking someone that went afk.

• Disagree
Reactions: Left 4 Zelda
Unless someone is in spectate for like over 30 minutes (at the least) you shouldn't kick them. That's why we have spectate? To be afk without being a bother.

Unless someone is in spectate for like over 30 minutes (at the least) you shouldn't kick them. That's why we have spectate? To be afk without being a bother.
Thats kinda the thing that confuses me. I wont say names because I dont wanna cause any actual drama, but the user that was kicked said "brb" and dropped to spectate, and was back within 10 minutes at the most. 5 minutes in, the staff member kicked him for being AFK.

Yeah? That doesn't make any sense. If they're in spectate they shouldn't be kicked. Unless they're in spectate for hours to get their time on the server built up or something.

Yeah? That doesn't make any sense. If they're in spectate they shouldn't be kicked. Unless they're in spectate for hours to get their time on the server built up or something.
Nope. User said "brb" and wasn't gone for very long, and was practically immediately kicked for being AFK. I'm afraid that if this becomes common practice, people that play for longer periods of time and take a bathroom break might start getting kicked.

• Agree
@Plastic Eating Utensil
You shouldn't kick players for being AFK unless the server is maxed out with twenty players, it's just not necessary.
Sometimes I go out for a smoke which definitely takes more than 2-3 rounds.
I will only kick a player for being "away from keyboard" if I notice their name in spectate for at least two map changes.
There is absolutely no reason to be in spectate for more than two maps.

• Agree
When I was Admin on TXDB, I’d only kick for one reason:
  1. The server’s getting full, and the player has been AFK for more than 3 rounds
Players who AFK spectate to build up their gameplay time don’t bother me because it doesn’t benefit them in any way. If they’re trying to build up 3 days to apply, they’ll be caught.

I only start kicking if the server is full or almost full, so others who want can join. I never really kick because they are too long in Spectator.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bab
When I was Admin on TXDB, I’d only kick for one reason:
  1. The server’s getting full, and the player has been AFK for more than 3 rounds
Players who AFK spectate to build up their gameplay time don’t bother me because it doesn’t benefit them in any way. If they’re trying to build up 3 days to apply, they’ll be caught.
Thats completely agreeable in my opinion. It would be nice if theres a way to potentially make it so they get a pseudo reserved slot when they get kicked for maybe like, 2 rounds so that they can rejoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread