Declined Administrator Application - Khan Sahab (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khan Sahab

- Your name and/or nickname: Khan Sahab

- Your age: 17

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

- Your Steam2 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional): STEAM_0:1:89573903

- Your general online times and your timezone: Between 17 to 19 CET daily/GMT+5.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report? I usually play Deathrun and Orange DM, and wish to apply for the Orange server. I'll be able to respond to a broader range if needed.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins): I have it.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator: None.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: A bit of experience.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?:
I wish to be a part of the administration team because I have the interest to administrate the server. I've been an admin for multiple servers in games like SA:MP, so I have the knowledge to interpret the situation which requires the administrating skills.

I have very less experience in administrating TF2, but I'm sure I'll be able to make it after spending some of the time. Apart from the interest, I'm now being active on TF2 which is a positive impact for me and an opportunity to ease my work.

I wish to keep the servers and community clean therefore I would like to give a hand in the administration team. Looking out of rule breakers and other people who simply spoils the game is my interest.

I am friendly in game, but as far as the work is concerned, I am very serious with it. I'll be able to treat everyone equally and make them follow the rules as they are made for everyone out in the community.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.:
I have sets for my decisions and I take them by seeing what the situation requires. Starting with the less, if a person is spamming the chat, I'll go for a warning and a mute. Spamming includes randomly sending messages in a great quantity, such that the chat is instantly covered of his messages. It could be a verbal warning, then a 15 minute mute.

If a person is speaker in the microphone, making some strange sound effects which are disturbing the players, I'll firstly warn him and if he wishes to continue, he will face a mute.

If a person is insulting other players or abusing them with explicit words, I'll warn the person and if he wishes to continue, he might get a kick or a mute.

If a person is hacking, that's the last stage of punishment by my point of view, he might get an instant ban as he was familiar with the rules already. (it is a basic rule). He might banevade, but as soon as I find it out, I'll impose another ban on him.

As I also play deathrun, bhopping to skip traps might also result in a kick after a warning as he is unfairly accomplishing the round. Delaying also occurs when a person stays around the winning stage, skipping the time and wasting it. He might also get a kick after a warn to continue.

Well for starters: the part about death run is irrelevant because they're already stocked full on Admins, so if you were put as trial it would be for orange, not death run. Also on a note about deathrun, you last went on there on the 11th so you're not as active as an admin needs to be.Now, for the orange server:I can't find anything. I've looked over game me with your current and last alias and still nothing. This suggests one of two things; you could have never connected or you could have not connected since a very old name. Either way, IMO you're not active enough to admin any servers; -1 from me.

Although you do have some activity and recent activity on the War3 server; are you sure you aren't mistaking it for that? And either way, you only have 15 hours and there's a 24 hour minimum iirc

Although you do have some activity and recent activity on the War3 server; are you sure you aren't mistaking it for that? And either way, you only have 15 hours and there's a 24 hour minimum iirc
Shit, you are right. I've messed up with the map name 'Panda-Orange'. I wish to apply for the War3Source server as I saw the notice in game that the community is looking for some administrator.

Shit, you are right. I've messed up with the map name 'Panda-Orange'. I wish to apply for the War3Source server as I saw the notice in game that the community is looking for some administrator.
Understandable mistake :) Just edit your application accordingly, collect some more hours and I will check out your chat logs and the regular shabang later on when I'm on a PC. I'm gonna change my vote back to 0 until I check some things out and you collect some more hours.

Understandable mistake :) Just edit your application accordingly, collect some more hours and I will check out your chat logs and the regular shabang later on when I'm on a PC. I'm gonna change my vote back to 0 until I check some things out and you collect some more hours.
Perfect! Thanks for your help, I make sure that I'll increase some hours.

• Friendly
Reactions: SunDwarf
Checked the logs and, though short, there isn't anything too outstanding there. Weed papa would be satisfied with them :D

I'm in agreement with Supreme, the time you need on the servers you're applying for need increasing, plus we already have plenty of DR admins alongside 2 other applicants currently on hold due to either their playtime or the DR servers being full of admins. War3source is open for applicants so I'd say you've got a good shot there.

I'll give a vote when you've accumulated more time :D

Best of luck.

I'll just take the liberty of assuming that I am still somewhat the app manager, to whatever degree that may have faded since my resignation from staff manager.

I used to put applications that lacked playtime on hold, but I have recently changed my view on this. I want people to play on our servers because they enjoy them, not because they think that if they play more their application will get accepted. Therefore, I am declining this application, as 15 hours of playtime is not enough at all.

You may retry in a month, or somewhat before that if you get appropriate permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread