Accepted Administrator Application - Jailbreak (#17) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammy

Name/Nickname: Cammy

Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:0:42724982

Online Times and time zone: Mon-Tues: 18:00+, Weds-Thurs: 13:00+, Fri-Sat-Sun: All day. My time zone is GMT+0. During any holidays, I will be online all day.

Do you have a Microphone?: Yes, and I use it more often than I use chat.

Previous experience in Admin/Mod: I was an officer in a World of Warcraft raiding guild for roughly four months before I was offered the opportunity to move to a hardcore raiding guild.

Besides that, I have no other experience.

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?: Jailbreak (#17) is my primary server when it is populated, I play on Freak Fortress 2 (#13) when Jailbreak is empty.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: No. I am aware of the basic commands and how to execute them, but I have not had any real experience with administrating using SourceMod, only theory-based.

Why should we choose you?: First of all, I am fully aware of the rules of Jailbreak, and I seek to enforce them at all times. I do thoroughly enjoy playing on the Jailbreak server even though I moan quite a lot about it.
For the most part, I am a serious player. Some people have had issues with this, but many others appreciate the fact that I actively enforce the rules. I can be friendly when I want to be, but most of the time it is not the appropriate time in my eyes for joking around.

Not much else to put here. I feel that I would be an asset to the Jailbreak team, it would also alleviate the strain that is almost constantly placed upon them when the server is populated, and it will give them some free time to do forum related administration, and even have time to themselves.

What will you do as Admin?: So, this will be a long one.

To begin: While in the server, I will post a notification every 15-20 minutes stating that all BLUs need a working microphone, and that if they do not have one, they will need to go to the RED team.

Unless noted otherwise, each of these policies will come with a written and verbal warning before punishments are dealt.

• Chat spam = 30 minutes mute.
  • Voice/Mic spam (Including over-talking the warden and foreign language) = 30 minutes gag.*
  • Exploiting = 2 hour ban.
  • Call abuse = No warnings. First offence will be a kick, second offence is an hour ban.
  • Freekilling = Varies. 1 freekill is a warning, anything after this will result in a punishment dependent on how many kills are done. Will typically be a 60/120/240 guardban
  • Mass freekilling = 12 hours - 1 day ban.
  • Baiting = Offending player will be slain. If the offence is repeated, a guard ban will be placed.**
  • No microphone as warden = Instant permanent guard ban + The link to the forums for an appeal against this.
  • Failing as warden - Forcing prisoners to take part in disallowed mini-games, opening the cell doors without prior orders, committing suicide as warden, typing !uw to avoid warden
  • Failing as guard - Opening cell doors when not warden, activating minigames, not listening to legitimate orders from the warden (example: Warden only presses buttons) = Limited guardban, typically 60/120 minutes.
  • Armoury camping = 60 minute guard ban.
  • Players doing false calls (E.G. Using !call to insult, not giving relevant information etc.) = 30min-2 hour ban.
*If the offending player in this instance is a BLU player, they will also receive a guard ban proportional to the length of their gag, this will stop their gag from bugging out, and it will also prevent further rounds from being ruined.

**When a player is slain, I will post a message explaining what they had done wrong, and to type !rules to see further information related to baiting, as well as the rest of the rules related to Jailbreak.

All offences are subject to be increased based on the amount of bans related to the same subject on the players SourceBans

An extra note to anyone that actually read all of THAT: I do have anger issues, however I have my methods of keeping my cool.
Most people would state that I am always angry, but for the most part I am neutral about things, I just normally just sound angry because that is my default tone of voice.

I would also like to add that my gag (from SwagMonkeyzz) was placed only because I asked him to. I didn't want to risk having to wait longer with the application. If my calculation was correct, the 1.5 month marker was yesterday (I went for 46 days in my calculation).

Forgot to include hackers as they are rare as hell in Jailbreak.

• Hackers = Record a demo, review it, ban the player if proven to be hacking
If it is quite blatantly hacking, the ban will be applied first after recording them, and the player will be required to appeal their ban.

Having seen the way you talk with others (shoutbox) and discuss in-game issues (mostly rulebreaks/ers), I can clearly see that you're actually interested in becoming an administrator so you can help the Jailbreak server and the community itself improve.

Although I have and will never step foot in Jailbreak, I can see you'd make a perfectly good administrator and I believe the administrator team would benefit from your presence.

I can't actually vote +1 or -1 as I'm not an admin, but those were my 2 cents. Good luck.

- Puddin'

Application looks nice and tidy, informal and easy to read and understand. Your punishment list looks good, even though I wouldn't mute if people were spamming the chat. ( :^) ) Grammar is no problem at all. Chatlogs does also look decent, however I seem to find you rather aggressive, from time to time. I'm not sure if that's just me.

f26326d4f0c8c3330b055c44f6eedad5.png

ba078f841662d5d1d067756eb89a0a0b.png

And honestly, I choose to ignore this whole aggressive thing, because after a while of being admin, you end up being rather aggressive towards some players (Not offensive use of language, but like in the last pic I provided), because that happened to me aswell. But a pro-tip would be to behave it as much as possible, even though I'll personally ignore it)

Playtime is good, 15 days in total, is very good.
+1 from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Le Captain Pootis The first posted item was in relation towards Speedyking harping on at me to post a picture of myself, which I am not doing any time soon.
The other posted chat item is in relation to 'Straightouttamemes', who only joins to grief the Jailbreak server, and recently got a ban for doing just that.

It's about time, +1 cause he is just good across the whole spectrum.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cammy
Finally, +1

The application is very detailed, you have some experience and holy crap you're usefull in terms of administrating.
You always know what's going on, you're always there, you always have excellent proof, you know, follow and remind others of all the rules. You are more than dedicated to keeping the server clean. You have a very good playtime, your english skills are great. You are quite friendly and fun to play with. (Even though you can be rude at times)

Overall you seem perfect for the spot and I don't know anything negative to say (besides you being rude sometimes)
I have told you I don't know how many times you should finally apply and here you are.

Reactions: Flynt
It's about time, +1 cause he is just good across the whole spectrum.
I'd prefer to see your reasoning rather than just a +1 and a single line, it adds meaning to the +1. If you don't want to, I won't force you. It's just a personal preference.

@Le Captain Pootis The first posted item was in relation towards Speedyking harping on at me to post a picture of myself, which I am not doing any time soon.
The other posted chat item is in relation to 'Straightouttamemes', who only joins to grief the Jailbreak server, and recently got a ban for doing just that.

Understandable, and as I said, it doesn't bother me personally, but I'm tempted to think that it may bother other admins around here.

I'd prefer to see your reasoning rather than just a +1 and a single line, it adds meaning to the +1. If you don't want to, I won't force you. It's just a personal preference.
It would take way to long to say.

Cammy certainly has the capabilities to become an administrator. As you've mentioned to me and many people you know that you have an issue with your anger / emotions and it's good that you identify that. I'm sure that if you think you're getting worked up you can always remove yourself for the situation as staying on jailbreak 24/7 isn't mandatory. (God lord Panda!)

Cammy has been able to handle in valuable reports and information, his English is spot on and he certainly likes to take into attention to detail once a certain topic interests him. I'm sure he'll thoroughly response to whatever application process goes on now and will certainly be a good asset to the team.

Just don't push it. As a trial on Jailbreak you'll certainly be overwhelmed...But you've managed to make it this far I'm sure you'll have no problem. Stay relaxed and punish where necessary~

Good Luck, cannot +1 RIPPORINO.

Well just as allot of other people, we've seen this app coming and have hoped for it and here we go. Cammy will be a great admin, as stated above by other people his grammar is most of the time top notch.

He's also been enforcing the rules for a long time together with reporting rule breakers and always having good evidence with it.

He would fit perfectly as an admin as he won't let any of the players walk over him or change his judgement by trying to lie but and don't smite me for this Cammy, even though a admin has to be strict when it comes to punishments, it's best to not always be strict as some players might get scared of ya and they will see you more as someone to punish rule breakers and not as someone who actually tries to enjoy the game to (with this I mean that people would only talk to you if they want you to do something about rule breakers). You're most of the time very strict (in my opinion) although in most cases it's for a good reason.

Also try not to make my mistake and try watching over the server 24/7 but I think you know well enough when you should take a break.

I think, no, I know that with Cammy as an admin that the jailbreak server will change (in a good way).

But well as I'm not a staff member I can only say that I support your app.

He knows what i think of him :3

I do think Cammy would make a great admin and the fact that he can be strict is something i do miss on this server.
He does need to be a bit more calm at some points and show abit more empathy towards certain players but.. in alot of cases people need a hard hand to see their mistakes and i do think Cammy can provide this, alot of people on jailbreak would benefit from cammy his presence. He is active on the forums, the servers and he provides the support needed on this community. Jailbreak wouldn't be the same without him, i can say that for sure.

If i would have a vote in it i would say yes 1

I love that dislike. I wonder if someobody is a little bit butthurt :3

Reactions: Flynt
I also forgot to include insulting, racist and/or sexist language. I suck at making applications.

Bloody hell, finally
As far as I am not a Jailbreak admin, I've seen what you're capable of on other servers. You're a rather talkative and friendly at most of times. You do try to help other people, what's a valuable thing in my eyes. Also, you're quite patient. Like @Zeprus said, you're pretty damn dedicated to keeping the servers in a good shape. The only thing I can see as a con is your anger problem, but I hope you can work on it. I'd say you don't even deserve a single slice of a +1 cake, you deserve all of it.
Good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: superfart435
Considering the amount of effort you put into your app you really show that you want to become an admin, +0.5 from me.

And I agree with @Le Captain Pootis , it does get a bit frustrating after a while of administrating...

Reactions: Hellboy
I suck at making applications.
You might have made the best application here.
Anyway I think that cammy is a very good jailbreak player as he enforces the rules all the time and has made tons of reports about players either freekilling and baiting (general rulebreaking).In my oppinion i think he would be the perfect admin on jailbreak

• Agree
Reactions: mosteraz
You finally submitted your application, as I may say your application is really good, and I actually read the application (All of it) Policies are very good aswell @Le Captain Pootis just posted the two things you said and he said he would ignore it, what I'm trying to say right now is "I would like to add this too
Screenshot_2.png

It's doesn't make sense that you said that but your application seems very nice here, I'm gonna ignore what you said so since I don't have the rights to vote, I rather say have my support.
EDIT: Goodluck on your application, cammy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread