Accepted Admin? Let's try this! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frost™

Hey Panda Community! I've been thinking about trying to apply as an admin myself. Woah. Here we go!

Oh, before starting I'd like to add that yes, I am new to the forums, but not on Panda Community.
I've been playing since 2012 / 2013 so don't treat me as a noobie (even If you, Kevin, you will. <3)

Name: Leonardo (I'm from Italy :D: )
Nickname: .Frost (I change it sometimes, but you get the idea, it's that)

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:58011891
Online Times: Pretty much almost every day (UTC +01:00) from 19:00 (7:00 PM) to 23:00 (11:00PM). On weekends I'm not always on. Usually on saturday I'm not very active, but on sunday afternoon maybe you'll find me. Sorry, life.
Sometimes, since I am an human, I might not be online for some problems, you know.. life again.

Previous Admin / Mod experiences: Lots of experience, but not on TF2. So, let me make a list:
  • Some Minecraft servers (duh)
  • Many, many, many forums as Admin / Co-founder (Some of which are very known in italy, and were in the top 20 of their respective communities. In one single forum we had more than 10.000 total users registered, 50.000 visits per month, and more than 10.000.000 total visits so I know how to administrate users and how not to abuse of powers / privileges.)
  • Panda Community (Just kidding, just hoping. :p)
  • I forgot the rest, but I'm sure that this is kind of enough.
Do I have a microphone?: Yes I do, but I never use it. :D
What Panda Community servers do I usually play on?: Almost ALWAYS on Panda Duel, and sometimes on VSH mode.
Do I have any experience with SourceMod?: Oh boy, this might be the reason I'll not be accepted. To be honest no, as I already told you, I've never been admin on TF2. For me this isn't a problem, since I'm a guy that learns fast, you just need to help me the first hours with the commands, but I'll get the hang of it quickly. But hey, there's always a first time!
Why should you choose me?: Ok, now time to type, good luck reading it.
So, first of all, the main reason I'm applying for is because I see lots of people breaking the rules on Duel, and I can't even report them (I see that !call has stopped working for some reasons). This is kind of frustrating since admins are never present when I see rule-breakers :p (Not meaning to offend anyone of you, I love you all :)), and this is the main reason. I really want to help you guys with your work. One more, less work for everyone. The second reason is because I'm quite known on Duel, and i love joking with people, without offending anyone of course, and I love entertaining them. Sometimes people might hate on me, but you know, haters gonna hate, and for me that's not a problem at all.
Third reason is because I'm very active on Duel, so i could prevent people from breaking rules.
Also, If you check my playtime on Panda, you might see it's not THAT high, but I'ts because, I suppose, that when you changed from HLstatsX to gameME, my stats got reseted (I had 21.000 points and 7 days of playtime, now I have double the points and 8 days of playtime so I'm pretty active since I came back to panda on December). That's it.

How will I do my job as an admin?: First of all, I hate people that break rules. I am a bit strict, but I'll try my best. Before starting with the list, I'd like to add that I'm definitely not going to punish people as soon as they break a rule. First of all I will warn them (Except in some cases), then if they keep misbehaving, I't obvious that my job it's preventing this kind of behaviour... yeah, you know the rest.
So, here's a list of violations, and their correspective punishment
  • Cheating or hacking will result in a permanent ban, If confirmed. No warning on this one.
  • Advertising is one of the things I hate the most. 2 warns, then mute or kick. It depends on the type of spam. If it's one of those lmaobox hacks shit spammers, then instant ban. I hate them.
  • Rocket/demo/every kind of spamming will result first of all in a slay, so he gets that what he did was wrong. Then 2 warns, If he still keeps spamming I'd say kick. Eventually, he'll get banned.
  • Racism, swearing, and disrespecting won't be tolerated. After 3 warns, the player will get kicked or banned depending on the gravity of his words. Might aswell mute him before kicking.
Am I done? Yes. I will wait for the results and check this thread usually. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my turn to start the admin discussion. First of all, very clean thread and it's easy to see you took effort for this thread, so positive thoughts on that.
Second of all, 8 days of connection on duel, shows me you seem to have alot of expirience with rule breakers.
Also, the !call function is disabled since it was giving problems each time someone tried to use it, so it has been disabled.
I'd recommend using the report section of this forum in the future. Mind explaining this? :
51b74f450f.png

It really gives your course of action against racism, swearing and disrespect a serious irony, which is a big minus to me. So I will be needing some thoughts on this application.
I forgot the rest, but I'm sure that this is kind of enough.
Even though it was enough of listing, saying "lol idk" gives an unprofessional remark on you. Nothing too big tho.
So overall I'd think this application would need more time / opinions of other members (Not only the admins, since the personality of admins can take a big effect towards the playerbase ect.) Even though we could need an admin for duel, since Electrod has his own life and I am an all-rounder concetrated on Jailbreak, I still won't give a final vote... yet.

Edit : Wait why is this in the archived apps .-.

So, my turn to start the admin discussion. First of all, very clean thread and it's easy to see you took effort for this thread, so positive thoughts on that.
Second of all, 8 days of connection on duel, shows me you seem to have alot of expirience with rule breakers.
Also, the !call function is disabled since it was giving problems each time someone tried to use it, so it has been disabled.
I'd recommend using the report section of this forum in the future. Mind explaining this? :
51b74f450f.png

It really gives your course of action against racism, swearing and disrespect a serious irony, which is a big minus to me. So I will be needing some thoughts on this application.

Even though it was enough of listing, saying "lol idk" gives an unprofessional remark on you. Nothing too big tho.
So overall I'd think this application would need more time / opinions of other members (Not only the admins, since the personality of admins can take a big effect towards the playerbase ect.) Even though we could need an admin for duel, since Electrod has his own life and I am an all-rounder concetrated on Jailbreak, I still won't give a final vote... yet.

Edit : Wait why is this in the archived apps .-.

Wat, Did i really open this thread in Archived ones? Oh, god, now this is dumb... I was just reading other people's apps, being curious.
What a great start *facepalm*
Regarding the name, I've already changed it some times ago, It mustn't have been updated...
Also, you might not take me as a serious person but trust me, when the duty calls, I really know how to behave.

I do apologize again for my errors, I'm human. <- No, it's not an excuse, I know I won't get the role just for that, but you know, the best thing i could do was trying. Even if i'll get rejected, I'll retry in the future, there's no problem for me.

Wat, Did i really open this thread in Archived ones? Oh, god, now this is dumb... I was just reading other people's apps, being curious.
What a great start *facepalm*
Regarding the name, I've already changed it some times ago, It mustn't have been updated...
Actually, any name changes you have while beeing inside the Servers gets archived in the GameMe services, also this post has been moved, so no worries.

Timo summed it up pretty well. I can see that you took your time and thought about what you were going to write, which is always good. The few jokes were rather unnecessary. I like to keep admin application serious, but that's just my opinion. Other then that, your text was well structured and your arguments are embellished.

You seem like a fine guy, but some points that Didixo pointed out makes me think about: How serious you will be taking your job.
But as for right now I'll still have to make a decision on whether to give you a thumbs up or down.

Timo summed it up pretty well. I can see that you took your time and thought about what you were going to write, which is always good. The few jokes were rather unnecessary. I like to keep admin application serious, but that's just my opinion. Other then that, your text was well structured and your arguments are embellished.

You seem like a fine guy, but some points that Didixo pointed out makes me think about: How serious you will be taking your job.
But as for right now I'll still have to make a decision on whether to give you a thumbs up or down.

Well, the first thing you can see is that I spent almost 15 minutes organizing my app, so It might mean that I do care about this.
Also, that nickname was a moment of anger because someone stole me 25$ of tf2 items, but trust me, If you think I will behave like that with users, then sorry, wrong way.

By the way I wanted to add a bit of jokes to make the app a bit more informal, since we are a family, but I still kept it serious, since it's not a joke.
I think I explained everything :)

Before I start, I'll just interject and make note that I moved the thread into main directory for applications, rather than the archived....
Anyway,

51b74f450f.png

ur an fagit
Le gasp I made an offensive to you!!
Hurrusworeatme
Warn
Kick
Ban.

No.
"You're such a fucking cunt, get a life you prick" or something similar in severity x2+ is warn worthy and can lead to further action, but "bitch" isn't. I get called that quite often in DB when I rek people, but who cares, it's a jive, personally, I don't take any offence to it, it's a joke, not serious. So I don't take "GOT HACKED BITCHES" to any sort of length or impact considering the former application we just read, which more or less juxtaposes the comment you made.

Anyway. While the application is good, the content is relevant, I like your personality, or what I can judge of it from this minimal piece of writing, I like the English, I'm not going to bother correcting since it's all comprehensible "I'm getting 15" ;~; with Jarza just accepted, I don't think we have a need for MORE admins, especially as we have 4 on trial now, and once they've passed probation, they'll be able to go and solve issues on other servers too. I repeat this to nearly everyone, that since !call doesn't work, just add and pester us on Steam if there's a genuine issue that needs to be solved, since that's the surefire way to get in contact with any of us, at least for me.

Regarding comments prior to mine that reference the somewhat humorous and slightly informal writing structure, I don't believe this impacts anything. I myself, write very formally using embellished language, but I write all my articles and official pieces with a humorous journalistic approach, which I enjoy more. While it remains serious, I wouldn't dissuade anyone from putting any jokes into their writing, it just lightens it up a touch. I think we're focusing on the wrong aspects of the application here, let's focus on the actual content itself, rather than minorities.

So there's my two cents for the time being, I do like the application, but I believe additional admins would be superfluous.
No vote from me as per usual.

Last note: I don't want to be seeing ANY thread derailment here, looking at IceStick especially, and to any that argue with him. Let's actually keep an application on topic guys.

Reactions: IceStick
The best thing is that you reply to this thread pointing out my errors and what I should correct, so next time I'll be better than now!
As I already said, there's always a first time, and if you don't need any admins, no problem :)
It's just that I see few of them on duel, so that's why i wanted to join you

Also, I am not a machine, so I can't always be serious with everyone. Don't think of this as "omg he no respekt us, ban", I do respect all of you, and as I said, i treat you as a family.

The best thing is that you reply to this thread pointing out my errors and what I should correct, so next time I'll be better than now!
As I already said, there's always a first time :)

Also, I am not a machine, so I can't always be serious with everyone. Don't think of this as "omg he no respekt us, ban", I do respect all of you, and as I said, i treat you as a family.

This is what I'm trying to avoid, as another admin candidate reacted quite aggressively to (somewhat) constructive criticism which kinda bordered on being over-suspicious. I do admire that you can take criticism well.

Yes, because as I told you, I can either be serious or joke. It depends on the moment.

Noodl, pass some of that lexicon of yours to me.

Anyways, for me the informal tone felt like a bit more of a problem than it appears to have for Noodl. Not that I thought it was a full-fledged 'problem' as such, but it makes you appear as more immature, so even when you say that you really know what to do when the time comes (which you did show in your policies) it downplays the application a bit in my opinion. On the other hand you explained why you did it and I understand, it is just some feedback for next time (although I am kind of repeating things at the moment).

Unfortunately I cannot pass a solid judgment either. Because my laptop died I have not played in nearly two weeks and since then more admins have been accepted and are currently on trial. I have no clue about the status quo so I cannot tell whether we could use one more. I wouldn't say it hurts to have one more, though.

Evo

Thanks, Evo, for all your suggestions. Next time, if any, I'll try to be more careful to what I say.

Hello.

I confirm everything above, I can't add many things because everything have been already said.
Sometimes in duel, you're insulting players or you're raging.
I know that, from time to time, you are joking, but sometimes it seems like you're pretty serious.

The problem is that an admin who "rage" can punish someone just because he was mad, he can also give a bad example of what is the administration team by insulting or raging.
This is what I fear that you do.

Nonetheless, you're not a bad guy (in my opinion).
I can't tell if you're really active on duel, because I don't really see you that much on it, but there are times when you're here for a while.

As Didixo said, I'm not always here, mostly because of school (but I try to spend the more time I can in duel when I'm free), so yeah, an assistant can't be a bad idea, but in preference, someone who is free when I'm not.

Hello.

I confirm everything above, I can't add many things because everything have been already said.
Sometimes in duel, you're insulting players or you're raging.
I know that, from time to time, you are joking, but sometimes it seems like you're pretty serious.

The problem is that an admin who "rage" can punish someone just because he was mad, he can also give a bad example of what is the administration team by insulting or raging.
This is what I fear that you do.

Nonetheless, you're not a bad guy (in my opinion).
I can't tell if you're really active on duel, because I don't really see you that much on it, but there are times when you're here for a while.

As Didixo said, I'm not always here, mostly because of school (but I try to spend the more time I can in duel when I'm free), so yeah, an assistant can't be a bad idea, but in preference, someone who is free when I'm not.

Alright. Fist of all, I don't rage easily for a game, even if you might think I am. Also, when it happens, I never punish anyone in any way, and I'll never do.

Then, yes im joking, since i don't tell other people: "omg u fucking asshole yo mama sucks dix omfg die piece of sh1t" no. The thing that really gets me pissed off is people spamming or stickycamping. I tell them noob, yeah, because in that moment I am pissed off, but it's not that I'm going to offend them to death, call an admin to ban them, track down their house and kill them all. It's an emotion that i feel in those 2 seconds getting killed. Oh, and I don't care about my score If that's what you think.

Then, I am on duel every time you see me playing TF2 on steam, and I told you what my online times are so if you want to find me,you'll have to be on duel on those hours (or even before, you never know how it's going to go. Life.)
Also, I repeat it for another time, I do appreciate your negative comments, your criticism, and everything you think about me.
Oh, and there's nothing to fear. I'm not applying for admin just to brag with people like: "Hey, I'm the admin here, so shut up; I'm better than you.", and I never abuse of people even If I'm angry. It's not that I will unleash all of my power on them.
Please, don't think I'm writing this with an angry tone. I hope you didn't feel like this reading this message..

Sorry for having been repetitive. Keep the feedback guys, you are truly amazing, even If most of you don't like me very much. hehe.

Oh and by the way I'm not very good at school, I'm only good at languages. So that's why I can stay online quite a bit, even If I still hang out with my mates. Ohh boy, I like typing long replies.

Reactions: Kevin
i would read this thread but my brain has already switched to weekend mode...
hB2129C55

Reactions: Didixo
Oh and by the way (Yes, offtopic, do not ban me pls omg omg11!) Do you guys have a Skype group? I read somewhere that you do: is it correct?

Oh and by the way (Yes, offtopic, do not ban me pls omg omg11!) Do you guys have a Skype group? I read somewhere that you do: is it correct?

You could have written this question on the shoutbox or in the off-topic section though...
For your information, the off-topic is here : https://www.panda-community.com/forums/off-topic.49/

I'm gonna briefly answer anyway, for this time. So yes, we have.
I advise you to ask Kevin or Ron (I don't think it matters who) for more information.

You could have written this question on the shoutbox or in the off-topic section though...
For your information, the off-topic is here : https://www.panda-community.com/forums/off-topic.49/

I'm gonna briefly answer anyway, for this time. So yes, we have.
I advise you to ask Kevin or Ron (I don't think it matters who) for more information.
Mine was a tactical move. Just part of my plan, so I'm justified.
By the way is this still going on?

Mine was a tactical move. Just part of my plan, so I'm justified.

If you meant intentionally putting the question here to get attention: that is not very much appreciated.

By the way is this still going on?

Better options have waited longer for their answers. Be patient.

Reactions: Electrod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread