Accepted Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptic

Name:
My in-game name is Cryptic.

Who gave you permission to apply?
It’s not necessary because I’ve met the criteria to apply.

Steam32 ID:
STEAM_0:0:93217753

General online times and timezones:
My time zone is central time (UTC-6:00).

Generally, I’m online everyday; however, activities and school work may interfere with gameplay. At the end of May, school work shouldn’t be a problem because I’ll be on break. Typically, from Mon-Fri, I’m available from 5-12 pm. While from Sat-Sun, I’m available all day. I can’t guarantee a precise schedule of my gameplay because it’s not consistent. I play whenever I get the chance to, disregarding how early or late it may be.

I’m aware I’ve been less active, due to school work and finals. Note that this will change because I’ll be more available during break.

Server I usually play on and wish to apply for:
I wish to apply for USA Dodgeball.

Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Yes, if an incident calls for me to visit a server that I don’t usually play on, I’ll be glad to visit.

Do you have a microphone?
Yes, although I mostly use it for Skype. I’ll use it, if necessary.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:
No, I have no background in administrating or moderating.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No, I don’t, but I’m willing and eager to learn. I grasp new concepts and ideas quickly, and learn new procedures quickly and efficiently.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I’d like to be a part of the team because..
  • I believe this will be a great learning opportunity and experience.

• Frequently, if not every round, players are flouting the rules. I’d like to regulate the server and enforce the rules, so players who are following the rules may enjoy playing, without the disruptions presented by rulebreakers.

• As of now, I’ve been playing on the server for about a year and grown to love it. I’m also an active, well-known player on the server.

• I’ve received no bans, gags, or mutes. I try my best to follow the rules; however, I must admit that I’ve violated some of the rules before. I’m aware my chat log isn’t perfect. Occasionally, I tend to say “damn” and “shit”, when I die to a rocket. I also tend to joke around with my friends. I’ll try my best to curse and joke around at a minimum because there are young players on the server and those comments aren't necessary.
What will you do as Admin?

Chat/mic spam: 2 warnings. If continued, 3 hour gag/mute.

Insulting/sexist/racist comments: 1 warning. If continued, gag/mute.
Side comment: Gag/mute length varies on the severity of the comment(s).

Foreign language: 2 warnings. If continued, 3 hour gag/mute.

Admin impersonating: 1 warning. If continued, name change. If changed back, 5 hour ban.

Admin disrespecting: 2 warnings. If continued, 5 hour ban.

Stealing rockets: Slay and warning (3 times at most). If continued, 4 hour ban.
Side comment: Players who steal to avoid being team killed won’t be slayed. Players who intentionally or attempt to steal will be slayed. This includes intentionally walking in front of the rocket to steal and using a “team kill” excuse, or cqc’ing when you’re not the last player on your team.

Body blocking: 2 warnings. If continued, 3 hour ban.
Side comment: I’m more lenient with body blocks because the majority of them are accidents. If a player is intentionally body blocking they will be count as warnings.

Team killing: 2 warnings. If continued, 3 hour ban.
Side comment: Again, I’m more lenient with team killing. Players tend to orbit rockets, unaware of nearby teammates, or they stand in the back, and their rockets kill players standing in front of them. If a player accidentally kills their teammate, I’ll advise them to move to a less crowded area, or an area where teammates standing in front of them won’t be affected. If a player is intentionally team killing, whether it be purposely standing behind their teammate, orbiting rockets to their teammate, following teammates, or killing themselves when the rocket’s going to them, they will be count as warnings.

Orbiting for too long: Slap (3 times at most). If continued, freeze.
Side comment: Circling is an exception.

Hacking: Record a demo and permanent ban.

AFK: Move to spectator, after 2 rounds. Kick after map change.

Please correct me, if I’m mistaken with punishment lengths or types.

Thanks, for taking your time to read my application.

• Funny
Reactions: Lighty and Tsumiki
Thanks for applying, Cryptic!

I'll start off with the application itself.
Overall, the application seems fantastic. It is neatly formatted and done nicely. For the ban times, we usually go with a 12 hour ban for stealing and a 2 hour mute for any spam, foreign language, or insulting.
You're a very friendly player in game and outside the community as well. Looking at your chatlog, it seems fine, but like you said, you'll try to keep the cursing to a minimum due to children on the server. I've played with you a lot of times in game and you seem to enforce the rules sometimes (you should work on enforcing rules a lil more).
I've also seen you play dodgeball more often and I'm pretty sure you know the people who play and the rules, most importantly.

I'd like to see Cryptic on our admin team! Therefore, I give my Support.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiroe and Tsumiki
Well done on the application as Asuna said @Cryptic as it's in a good format.

From the time I've played with you on the server to the help you've given me by reporting players I definitely can state you'd make a wonderful addition to the team. I don't need to say more than that as the others have spoken on the few things I could have already caught.

You've helped me ban a few hackers prior which is very nice as it keeps our community clean and cheat free for the optimal experience to our other pandas here. Now with praises come some things I see that you should take care on and fix.

Getting butt hurt, just proves to show how much of a sore loser you are

Things like this show up in your chat history and it does disturb me a little. I can understand slight banter at times but things like that can make an administrator or player look extremely bad and detrimental to the server. Please correct behaviors like this in the future and I'm quite sure all is good.

+1 from me

~Shiroe, USA DB Trial

Reactions: Tsumiki
Very well written app. Everything is fine, I wouldn't having you in the team since you're a very friendly person and you know how to be serious when needed. A full admin could make a great admin out of him. So yeah you got my full support.

Reactions: Tsumiki
Thanks for all the support and feedback; they're highly appreciated, and will be taken into great consideration!

I'd like to personally thank @Shiroe , for giving me great advice on how to approach personal, provoking situations.

Reactions: Shiroe and Tsumiki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread