Declined Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger

Name/Nickname: Tiger, and my real name is Harry.

Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:0:39823265

Online Times and timezone: I tend to try and go online as much as possible, I do go to college and have to study quite a lot, however in times where I'm not studying I'm usually online. And i usually am able to be online in the afternoons - 21:00 to 23:00 GBT time.

Do you have a Microphone?: Unfortunately I do not, however if i get one i would use it.

Previous experience in Admin/Mod: None. But willing to learn.

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?: Frequently on dodgeball, occasionally on vsh, but very rare. And I do go on hightower sometimes, not as much as i used to but still sometimes.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: I'm slightly familar with the commands, but I'd need to learn more, and within time I would become qutie aware with some commands and be able to use them c:

Why should we choose you?: I am frequently spotting problems that I try and help but I get told that "its not important" or "I'm not an admin so hush" and the problems are ongoing. I wish to help make the community a better place without rulebreakers and abusers of rules.

What will you do as Admin?: I would let people know that they're doing something wrong and see if they can improve this, if they do not there might be a temp ban until they learn their mistakes. Hackers would be banned as quick as i could. And I'd try to make the community stronger and better. I'd help make people understand that they've done something wrong and see if they're able to imrpove, and generally try and make the servers actually nice to be playing on rather than having mic spam, chat spam, rulebreakers etc, hopefully you'll see more from me in the future, and hopefully i will be able to help make panda.tf servers a lot more respectable and nicer c:

- Tiger

Might as well do the same on what I did on the previous application;

Application is short. 'What will you do as an admin' does have much detail in what I would of liked. What would you do about stealers? Mic spammers? Foreign Language? Blocking? Toxic behaviour?

Looking at your sessions it's not ideal. Though you have a 7 day count on dodgeball 1 your sessions...Wow. It spans back to 2014 but you have one 3 month break and one 7 month break. Your comebacks last maybe less than a month's worth and then you seem to break again.

Your chat log is also full of lennys. Looking at the application I thought it wouldn't be the case, but yes that's not particularly ideal. Well, personally that is.

And also again nobody knows you. Well actually, you know an ex admin called Noodl but that's about it. Your forum account has only just gained activity recently. So it's going to be difficult to get votes.

All I suggest is improve your policys ; You can type them in a comment on the application and I'll edit it in for you, maybe chill out on the lenny stuff and also make yourself known to us. If we're going to be a team, we need to know what type of person you are overall by showing your commitment and activity to panda community.

Good luck if you choose to take the advice.

Imo the application is not providing much information but the very basics, and i have not seen you on the forum.. I do not have much to go on so i cannot support, i will probably be neutral here.

• Agree
Reactions: Deep
Imo the application is not providing much information but the very basics, and i have not seen you on the forum.. I do not have much to go on so i cannot support, i will probably be neutral here.
It's mostly about ingame activity.

I know I've taken breaks, i was out of the country for a while and couldn't get access to tf2 or steam in general. I don't wish for this to continue in the future, and i hope to be a lot more active. I have tried to deal with stealers as you may have seen in my chat logs. And i do wish to keep trying to deal with stealers. Mic spam I usually ignore because i can't do anything about apart from muting them, with admin abilities i would mute them so they couldn't continue to bother the server in the future, and if they spammed in chat i would mute them from chat so they wouldn't disturb the server anymore. And if someone continues to steal and block etc, i would ban them for 2 days and if they returned and continued doing that i would definitely ban them from that server. If they did this on other panda servers that i go onto i would again do the same. I know i don't seem admin material atm / however i hope for this to change. And yes I will calm down with the lennies and be more respectful in chat. Thank you for your consideration and time into reading my application, i hope to hear more in the future c: - again any concerns you can continue to improve or teach the admin ability to me so that i completely understand what to do in specific situations that would be amazing because i hope to make the panda community stronger in a sense that there isn't a so called "lazy admin" or "no admin available" kind of situation. Thank you again for your time c:

Reactions: Madact
Alright. Well, I've played with you before on the EU servers, and I've seen that you've gotten much more... constant with your !calls. That's not a bad thing; I'm applauding you for doing so.

However, you are a bit rude sometimes to others in chat, and I've slayed you several times for stealing before. Mind you, this was BEFORE you expressed you wanted to become an Admin, and I haven't been on EU much since then, so I'm not sure if you've changed. However, I'm simply saying that if you want to be an Admin for DB, you CANNOT break the "no stealing" rule under ANY circumstance. That sets a bad example for other players, since you're supposed to be an authority figure on the server.

I'll keep my vote at a NEUTRAL for now. I'm on the mid-line of yes, but I'm just sort of iffy is all.

Also, about this:
And if someone continues to steal and block etc, i would ban them for 2 days and if they returned and continued doing that i would definitely ban them from that server.

What does that mean? Usually for applications for DB we look for certain times, I.E:
1st ban = x time
2nd ban = x time
3rd ban = x time

And so on. What that looks like to me is you're going to ban them for 2 days, REGARDLESS of previous offenses, and if they come back and do the same thing, perm them?

Reactions: Tiger
sadly i need to decline your application due to you dont seem to follow the rules sometimes and we think that you dont fit for the admin position yet (which doesnt mean you cant get it).
look forward to try to improve your general behaviour and taking things more seriously and also reduce the stealing as its against our rules.

you may apply again in 1 month so; 15.04.2016

• Useful
Reactions: Tiger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread