Accepted Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Hello, my name is Joe and I am going to apply for gameserver admin on Panda Community!

- Your name and/or nickname

Steam name: Just call me Joe

Real life name: Joe

- Your age

I am 15 years old

- Your Steam2 ID

STEAM_0:0:42025989

- Your general online times and your timezone

I live in the United States, East coast, North Carolina

My schedule

Monday- 3:00-5:00 PM

Tuesday- 3:00-4:00 PM

Wednesday- 3:00-5:00 PM

Thursday- 3:00-5:00 PM

Friday- 3:00-6:30 PM

Saturday- 12:00-5:00 PM

Sunday- 12:00-5:00 PM

* Schedule may change due to school/Family Etc.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I am on a range of servers but I prefer ClassWarefare and Freak Fortress 2

- Do you have a microphone?

Yes, I prefer to use mic over text.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I was an Admin/Moderator on Minecraft on a old community

I was also a Moderator on a old GMOD server
If I were accepted here it would help me further enrich my experience as an admin.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

Yes, I know a few of commands for Source mod in fact I have a guide that I can pull up and it will help me understand the source mod commands.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I would love to be part of the panda community staff mainly because of the nice community and good wide range of servers you provide. Most of my good friends are already in the staff so I would fit very in because I know the staff very well! The staff is a wide range of colorful characters that I would just love to get to know if I have not met them yet! I love getting to know people and I would try my best to get along with all the admin members that are my pupils!

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I am very specific about punishments because I believe that everyone should have 2 chance for smaller rules and 1 chance for major rule breaks heres my list.

Hacking: PERMABAN

Ghosting: 2 warnings then kick if continued again ban for 30 minutes *Depending on the situation ghosting can be allowed if someone is delaying*

Map Exploit: 2 warnings then kick if continued again ban for 1 hour

Racism: 1 warning then kick if continued again ban for 1 hour

Sexism: 1 warning then kick if continued again ban for 1 hour

Using banned weapon: 1 warning then kick

Chat spam: 2 warnings then kick, if continued again gag for 30 minutes

Microphone spam: 2 warning then kick, if continued again mute for 30 minutes

Thank you for Reading my application!
Have a nice day!

-Joe

Last edited:
Name is good, person is good, app is good.
Very good. +1

The only thing that bothers me is that you would rather kick voice/chat spammers than muting/gagging them first. But I guess we all have our different ways to punish rulebreakers.

Other than that, you're a nice person and you're fun to play and chat with. The app is also great and I would love to see you as an admin. +1.

Joe, Your app is well written, I will give you that, but, as I have told you, and not in a way as to upset you, though you are fun to play with and easy to get a long with, from past experiences, you do seem to come across as very persistant, with your previous app it seemed you would bring it up too much, and you worried about it a lot, Freak Fortress 2 requires a lot of attention esspecially if you have to deal with an issue during the game and risk getting killed in the process, I would reccomend another server that is a slower pace if you really want admin, but also at one point it did seem like you were only in it for the title.

You said you'd fit in as your friends are already staff, I dont see this as a valid reason as you shouldnt need admin just because your friends are, I say this in the nicest way but I can see potential, but I dont see you to be number 1 atm.

Best of Luck.

• Agree
Reactions: Lukas and mermite
Joe, Your app is well written, I will give you that, but, as I have told you, and not in a way as to upset you, though you are fun to play with and easy to get a long with, from past experiences, you do seem to come across as very persistant, with your previous app it seemed you would bring it up too much, and you worried about it a lot, Freak Fortress 2 requires a lot of attention esspecially if you have to deal with an issue during the game and risk getting killed in the process, I would reccomend another server that is a slower pace if you really want admin, but also at one point it did seem like you were only in it for the title.

You said you'd fit in as your friends are already staff, I dont see this as a valid reason as you shouldnt need admin just because your friends are, I say this in the nicest way but I can see potential, but I dont see you to be number 1 atm.

Best of Luck.

I don't see how Freak Fortress would be that difficult to manage. You have to be willing to take up game time to solve problems, but that is pretty much everywhere. And I'm prett sure that the respawn function works in FF2, so worst case scenario you solve a problem and use that if you get killed explicitly because of administrative reasons.

The app surprised me in general, and he hasn't said a thing about the application in a month. I see improvement and potential.

I don't see how Freak Fortress would be that difficult to manage. You have to be willing to take up game time to solve problems, but that is pretty much everywhere. And I'm prett sure that the respawn function works in FF2, so worst case scenario you solve a problem and use that if you get killed explicitly because of administrative reasons.
It's difficult to manage FF2 if you're drunk like @Broski

• Agree
Reactions: Kevin

The app surprised me in general, and he hasn't said a thing about the application in a month. I see improvement and potential.
Respawn has never worked in FF2 or as trials we dont have that power, and He hasn't mentioned it as much as he did stop when it was declined, I do see some potential but Again Im just worried as I know Joe personally and he does have a tendancie to over do certain things, but again my comment was my Opinion.

Right, so, I know Joe on a somewhat personal level (I was in his previous clan) and though he can be the nicest, friendliest guy there, he can also be, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, a little arrogant with certain things. This is obvious when it comes to a discussion about music (off topic but serves my statement well.) To help my example along: If one were to mention anything related to modern music, he will strongly put his point across and just look down on those who have a different opinion to him.

Now this isn't constant agreed, when he isn't being stuck up in his my musical tastes are better than yours attitude he's a really friendly guy, however, this may translate (and I have seen it happen previously) across in game. If there is something happening on a server and Joe isn't a fan of it or disagrees, rather than see the point from the users perspective, I feel he will act without thinking and might hinder the enjoyment of other players.

Just something to take into consideration.

Edit: I realise this comes across as a little irrelevant, me taking a dig at Joes music taste meaning I must've written it completely wrong for people to see it like that. It was simply an example that is predominant in Joes attitude towards certain players (me included)

The reason I mentioned Joe and music is about his attitude towards others and their entitlement to their own opinions. Whilst Joe has a very sophisticated taste in music, its not the music that I'm worried about (obviously) its his attitude towards others who have slightly or completely different opinions.

Apologises for the mis-interpretation

Last edited:
Ok. I may as well start getting this out of the way so I don't have to deal with this later on.

Joe. This is how I feel about it. I feel that you are capable of being a trial admin but a full Gameserver admin it seems as though I can't see you as one. I still get that young vibe off from you. In a way I know that you will take this serious enough but I'm worried about your behavior towards other users that love to push admin's buttons. I've seen you challenge people in the server who make statements that you don't agree with/not being very nice. It's more that I'm worried about you will not keep your cool and lose it. That is, if you where on your own. I think you'll be more well behaved when we're all here but on your own I'm a little concerned...In fact, most of your playtime really is with the mumble group. You did whoever have your own class warfare run on your own but recently you've kinda just tagged along and you seem to get anxious when others made an admin app.
I still feel you're going for admin for the wrong reasons. But then again, really it's not that I don't want you to become admin...I'm just scared about the outcome that if you do get it how you will act from then on.

Anyways, so far it looks like a lot of people have been happy with your attitude. So you must of improved somewhat over last time you applied.

I still don't know where I stand on my vote. If it was to stay trial admin for a good lengthy period then yes, so long as for sure you'll calm down a little and take a little backseat approach...In a sense of making sure you keep your cool in front of players on the server you'll be fine. Also, only using your power when needed to and not just being overall strict just so you can hand out punishments. But who knows, you could completely prove me wrong be a perfect admin.

I'd rather have a neutral vote. Neither +1 or -1. I just wanted you to know how I felt about this, neither for or against it.

Seen you on the server a couple of times, and as far as I see you don't break any rules. I bring you a +1 and Goodluck :p. A note. I'm sticking to my vote because I want to give this guy a chance, if he handles it. Welcome. if he doesnt. Get outta here! megusta

Last edited:
Just to add a further point you lack the ability to confront people I give this a -1

• Agree
Reactions: mermite
Well Joe, it's not like I'm doing this for reasons you may think of. I just really think after reading Broski's and Madact's replies that I don't, well "understand" you well enough compared to everyone else? I mean you are a nice guy and really friendly but I haven't conversed enough and seen you in action to give a vote either way so.

Neutral from me, I still love you and wish you the very best.

Just to add a further point you lack the ability to confront people I give this a -1

When you first tell a guy that he is too pushy/persistent whatever, and get him to not talk about things, and then remove him and expect that he talks to you directly, that does get confusing. This is an unfair point of criticism, I've already told you this.

So far the people that have known Joe for the longest time have spoken out either negatively or neutrally; the positive votes have mostly come from people that have known Joe for a little while or don't know him at all.

This is what I propose. I ask of everyone, @Matt-ers?, @TEXASSTYLE, @Supreme, to think again about your vote. After reading Mermite's and Broski's replies, do you still want to vote positively, or do you want to vote against, or do you want to become neutral? Lukas has already done so. When I know what people want to do, that is what I will base my judgment on.

Reminder that since @Chillix would be Joe's mentor and supervisor, his vote is also important.

Well, I don't play with Joe in servers, so my judgement was only about the app itself, and about his activity on forum.
But, Evo, that's what Trial Admin means: if we (mainly Chillix) see that Joe isn't really suitable for this job, as somebody here said, well, it's very easy to fire him.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Joe and Fishy
When you first tell a guy that he is too pushy/persistent whatever, and get him to not talk about things, and then remove him and expect that he talks to you directly, that does get confusing. This is an unfair point of criticism, I've already told you this.

So far the people that have known Joe for the longest time have spoken out either negatively or neutrally; the positive votes have mostly come from people that have known Joe for a little while or don't know him at all.

This is what I propose. I ask of everyone, @Matt-ers?, @TEXASSTYLE, @Supreme, to think again about your vote. After reading Mermite's and Broski's replies, do you still want to vote positively, or do you want to vote against, or do you want to become neutral? Lukas has already done so. When I know what people want to do, that is what I will base my judgment on.

Reminder that since @Chillix would be Joe's mentor and supervisor, his vote is also important.
I wouldn't like to change my vote because I think he at least deserves a chance.
There's a reason we get made trials first and that is to see if we would make good full time admins; If he doesn't get a chance we won't know and under Chillix's mentoring I think he would make a great admin.

• Friendly
Reactions: Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread