Declined Admin Application. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T..

- Your name and/or nickname

Hello there, Im T. or Gianmarco in real life.

- Your age

Im 20 years old.

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

@A Wild Tryhard gave me the permission to apply. Thanks again.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

Steam ID | STEAM_0:1:91922973
Steam ID3 | U:1:183845947
Steam32 ID | 183845947

- Your general online times and your timezone

Im usually online for 6+ Hours every day. From times of 2pm to 6pm And 10pm to 3am. ( GMT+2 )

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I usually play on Deathrun #9 And Vsh #5. Absolutely yes.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes, i have a microphone.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I dont have experience as Admin/Moderator on Team Fortress 2 Servers.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

I dont have experience with administrating with SourceMod.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I would like to join the team because I know all the rules regarding Vsh #5/Dr #9 and because I spend 80% of the day on your servers.
When I'm online, there are usually no admin that respond to the /call command. Because I play especially at night.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Spam in Chat/Voice chat | Warning - Warning - Gag for 2 Hours.
Overusing Caps | Warning - Warning - Gag for 1 Hour.
Racism | Warning - Gag for 3 Hours.
Exploiting | Warning - Slay.
Camp as hale (Vsh) | Warning - Slap - Slay.
Teaming (Vsh) | Warning - Slay.
Hacking | PermaBan.
AFK/s Not in Spectator | Warning - Slap - Kick

Hey T.

So starting of thank you for applying, however, your application seems kinda rushed, like the punishments section could use some work just like the <why should we choose you> part.
We usually start with 4 hours as minimum punishment.

I also have been rather inactive the last 2 weeks due to the weather here in the netherlands so I didnt have the chance to really see you in game,
so I would like to watch the applicant some more before I give my vote.

Goodluck anyway T.!

Reactions: T..
Thanks T.eddi for the answer!

For the punishments I am absolutely neutral, I could even BAN my best friend, without regrets, in case of infractions of the rules.

See you in-game!

For the punishments I am absolutely neutral, I could even BAN my best friend, without regrets, in case of infractions of the rules.
I believe he meant he wanted to see a more in-depth explanation of punishment lengths, I would like to see one too.
You should consider punishment stacking, with the 6th ban/gag being perm.

Other than that, your ban history is looking pretty bad, however, looking at your chatlogs and being with you in-game. It is apparent that you've changed for good.
+1

First off thank you for applying and your will to become an admin!

T. is a pretty friendly player and a familiar face here on deathrun, T. seems to fit in, and get along pretty well with the other regulars. I must say though I'll have to agree with @Tedgrid on this one, the application does seem pretty low effort to me and rushed. I don't see anything mentioned about skipping, which is one of the most important rules in deathrun so it just seems you didn't put enough time and effort into the application (imo, since it's pretty hard to forget that rule).

Regarding your policies and punishments, I don't understand why there's only punishment lengths for the first three (spam, caps & racism). Is there pattern I didn't catch on to or failed to understand maybe? I'd be glad if you cleared that up for me!

there are usually no admin that respond to the /call command
Might be some sort of glitch but I don't see many calls coming from you, at all. Are you sure you've tried calling an admin? Because the calls on deathrun typically do infact get handled (atleast a big portion of it). Not to mention your sessions on deathrun wouldn't do us much help nor benefit us in any way if you were to get accepted.

Im usually online for 6+ Hours every day.
I spend 80% of the day on your servers.
This is not at all accurate when I look at your stats on dr nor vsh, did I maybe check the wrong thing? Either way, I'd say punishment lengths should be mentioned and how you plan on stacking them should also be talked about so we get an understanding of what happens to players who get punished multiple times and for whatever reason.

Chatlogs seem okay-ish? I see you started using cleaner language only days before you applied, but only a couple of days before the application I did stumble upon words like "furry" "gay" and whatnot used in a non tolerable manner. Not to mention there's a decent amount of lennies. I see that you do enforce rules which is a good thing, but only from the same bind "Dont spam in Chat / VoiceChat ! English Only Allowed, Dont overuse caps!" used over and over again.

It'll have to be a -1 from me. Good luck!

I have been at a festival aswell as moving to my new appartment now. Would have to see more of the applicant, though I have seen him many times before.

I do agree with Ciri on many points. Anyways, I will make a reply and a vote later on.

PNN

Thanks T.ryhard for the answer!

For the lenghts of the punishments i have taken into consideraion some facts:

➤ The players who are online in the last few months are mainly new and with an overly long ban/gag (The first time) are tempted to leave your servers.

➤ New players don't know the rules, thats why i wouldn't warn once, but two times.

➤ One of the things i don't accept is racism and for that reason i increased the gag by an hour.

➵ If the duration of the ban/gag is not sufficient it can be extended to 4 hours, as T.eddi told me.

????
I was always tempted to send the request to become admin but my previous bans stopped me.
I will no longer make Bannable mistakes.

Thanks Ciri for the answer!
I'm so sorry that I don't meet your parameters.

I begin by saying that I haven't seen you online on DR for a long time.

"Might be some sort of glitch"
I really like the way you used the irony of for the /call command; yes, so it's just like you say; When I call (towards evening / night) nobody answers.

I've always had clean language.

Otherwise I would have had a gag (?)

"Gay"

* DEAD * Stabbin: bitchboy
Crap, wrong bind.

"Furry"

I don't think I've ever used a term like that, also because years ago people considered me such.

"Dont spam in Chat / VoiceChat! English Only Allowed, Dont overuse caps!"

Every time you saw this message in ChatLog it means that there wasn't an admin online, so there was my /call.
Have you seen this message many times in my sessions? It means that no admin has come in to check.

See you in-game, Ciri.

• Dumb
Reactions: ☁ Spaceblob11 ☁
I agree with what Ciri said about the sessions. I'd like to see you revise your punishments length before I vote.

Thanks Stabbin for the answer!

As requested, I will change the length of punishment.

Panda-Community #5 Saxton Hale:

Camping as hale:
Warning ▸ Slap ▸ Slay
If this happens again:
Ban of 4hr ▸ 8hr ▸12hr ▸1d ▸2wk ▸ Perma

Teaming:
Warning ▸ Slay
If this happens again:

AFK/s Not in spectator:
Warning ▸ Slap ▸ Kick

Ghosting:
Warning ▸Kick
If this happens again:

Panda-Community #9 Deathrun:

Delaying:
Warning ▸Slap ▸ Kick (1st time)
If this happens again:

Skipping Traps:
Warning ▸ Slay (1st time)
If this happens again:

Blocking Players/Buttons:
Warning ▸ Slay ▸Kick

If this happens again:

General rules:

Spamming in chat / VoiceChat:
Warning ▸ Warning ▸ 4hr Gag

Speaking other languages:

Begging items:

Warning ▸ Kick ▸ 4hr Gag

Exploiting:
Warning ▸ Slay
If this happens again:

Offensive language:

Admin impersonation:
Warning ▸ Kick

If this happens again:

Inappropriate Picture / Spray:
Warning ▸ Kick
If he didnt change it:

Spray-Ban
Pic: Ban of 4hr ▸ 8hr ▸12hr ▸1d ▸2wk ▸ Perma

Scheme used:
Ban
▸ 4hr (1st Ban)
▸ 8hr (2nd Ban)
▸12hr (3rd Ban)
▸1d (4th Ban)
▸2wk (5th Ban)
▸ Perma

Let me know if anything is missing.

While T. is indeed mostly friendly from my experience, and he reminds players of the rules... But some things, mostly ones mentioned before, are still a bit bothersome.
First of all, what Ciri mentioned about, well... basically you lying about your sessions? That's really not something you should do when applying, you know? And, well, this is something that you haven't touched on in your reply to him.
The application itself does seem rushed, but I wouldn't say it's that bad... However, I checked your recent chat history, and you actually did insult here and there, like with the word "gay", as mentioned earlier. Doing such things as an admin would set a very bad example, but the way you responded to Ciri's reply is pretty bad, too. You definitely shouldn't try to make yourself appear better by putting others down.
In summary, I truly don't think you'd make that great an admin, so I'll give a -1 on this.

• Agree
Reactions: Waxel and T..
Thanks Adoruby for the answer!

I start by saying that the hours previously written are not entirely wrong. I'm almost all day online. Why should I lie? If I'm not on # 5 / # 9 I'm on a trade server. But anyway I am available in case of a /call.

Last night I did not answer badly to Ciri, I advised him to check that no one was skipping the traps, and you were in the server too.

If you remember.. a player was skipping a trap on vsh_babypirate while you guys were online ..

As soon as I told you what had happened it didn't seem to interest you at all, maybe because I'm trying to become admin idk.

Your answer was "H m m".
Ciri was not in front of the keyboard.

Later, when ciri returned, I told him that if he was interested I had answered him on the app.

I am very sorry that you and Ciri did not understand me.

See you in-game Adoruby.

EDITED FROM +1 TO -1 , Leaving this here as part of the feedback.

____

Let me start from the whole "gay"/"furry" question. I'm gay, and the use of "gay" isn't necessarily offensive: it depends on contexts, of course.
I did read chatlogs where T. uses that, and I think it's never used in a "non tolerable manner" as written above. There are some admins who use "gay"/"furry" much more than him.

General behavior on VSH:
The user is very friendly, polite and enforces rules constantly.
Also, he calls me many times in pvt reporting rulebreakers -also on DR, if he sees no admin is online. I think he'd keep the server(s) clean and peaceful.
He already got 5 bans and this may legitimately create doubts about his suitability. I have these doubts as well.
Still, that's what trial period was created for, also considering he seems to be really changed.

His sessions are very good on VSH -and I see also on DR. He plays regularly on our servers for a total of 4 hours every day. Impressive.
The application is not written with the best effort, but I wouldn't say it's rushed either. It's essential and answers properly and briefly to everything.
The new punishment lengths you posted, T., are quite good - talking about the VSH part.
Of course, if you get accepted, all this may be improved during the trial period, as it happens with every new trial admin.

In conclusion, I give my +1 valid only for VSH .

I begin by saying that I haven't seen you online on DR for a long time.
Since I am more active than you on the server if you check our sessions, does that mean It's me that hasn't seen you in a while?

"Might be some sort of glitch" I really like the way you used the irony of for the /call command; yes, so it's just like you say; When I call (towards evening / night) nobody answers.
Not sure what you mean here, I was actually serious saying your calls weren't popping up for me.

I've always had clean language. Otherwise I would have had a gag (?)
Clean language doesn't necessarily mean breaking rules, could be from lennies for instance as seen in your chatlogs, hence why I brought it up

"Gay" * DEAD * Stabbin: bitchboy Crap, wrong bind.
I don't understand? If it's nothing important or anything unserious then it's not a wise move to make on your application.

"Furry" I don't think I've ever used a term like that, also because years ago people considered me such.
04ClX67.png

"Dont spam in Chat / VoiceChat! English Only Allowed, Dont overuse caps!" Every time you saw this message in ChatLog it means that there wasn't an admin online, so there was my /call.
My point wasn't that you haven't tried calling. I meant that it's a pretty lazy way to enforce rules, which could say something if you were to be an admin.

I'm almost all day online. Why should I lie? If I'm not on # 5 / # 9 I'm on a trade server.
Our servers are pretty enjoyable and sometimes a short time will feel like a lot longer, time goes past so quickly when you're having fun and this might be what's happening here. The evidence does not support your claim about being as active as you claim you are.

Last night I did not answer badly to Ciri, I advised him to check that no one was skipping the traps, and you were in the server too.
zxnFYDe.png

Ky1Li0D.png

i60u.png

GezsTq4.png

oR7do6e.png

In both set of pictures you can see a message sent by T. with the one under it being me responding

Seems you rephrased the whole situation, almost like you're trying to hide something. That "something" possibly being your attitude.

Also just in response to what @Matth said:
I don't get it why you defend him right off the bat when you could've atleast asked me for sources to my words.

the use of "gay" isn't necessarily offensive: it depends on contexts, of course.
Clipboard01.png

He plays regularly on our servers for a total of 4 hours every day. Impressive.
As impressive as you may think 4 hours on panda is, and as far from the truth it is what T. claimed it to be (T. claimed 6 hours?). It is still pretty short if you were to divide it into the different servers according to time, as seen in his sessions in my previous reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: PNN and TWC
Thanks Matth for the answer!
Thanks, again, Ciri for the answer!

Matth.

Thank you so much for the nice words, I am really happy with what you wrote.

I'm really glad you don't have prejudices about me and I'm grateful.

Ciri.

Hi again, I'm sorry that I didn't explain it better in the message dedicated to you.

I start by saying that mine is not a competition with you, I don't know if you're getting these ideas.
If you look at the ChatLogs you will notice that from June 13th until July 13th I have not entered your servers because I worked.
I think it's legitimate for a person to take a break from the computer once in a while; However if you check the chat logs it is difficult that you will find one day that I haven't joined your servers and that I spent less than 4/5 hours there.

I remember that I am also online on other servers, but always available for calls.

"Furry" , Lets talk about it again.

Also look at other people's messages, if you can;
And look in what context it was, it was absolutely not a direct insult to someone on the server.

It's OK to be "GAY"
We were talking about this administrator with a guy who thought he was gay, so?

"Lazy Bind"
I use this Key-Bind whenever there are these infractions, obviously not being an administrator I don't continue to spam in the chat to stop breaking the rules, but at least I tried; Many stop, others don't.

"Hours"
Ok, maybe in 6 hours I'm not constant online, but as I should repeat: I'm not always online ON YOUR SERVER, but online.
After 2 hours of vsh, 2 hours of deathrun or more, I give myself a non-tryhard mode.
During this non-tryhard modality I am absolutely available in case of emergency or calls.

"Bad conversation"
Honestly, I was helping you, if you didn't notice.
Read it again without prejudice.

I hope this time I was clear

Thanks Matth, Thanks Ciri.

@Matth @Ranger Ciri

See you in-game.

• Dislike
Reactions: ☁ Spaceblob11 ☁
I am on holiday right now, will do my part when I get back on the 10th. If not the 11th.

• Informative
Reactions: T.. and Roar
I'm so sorry that I don't meet your parameters.
I am very sorry that you and Ciri did not understand me.
Hi again, I'm sorry that I didn't explain it better in the message dedicated to you.

You have this very bad habit of innocently making it seem like the problem is nothing on your side or that others failed to understand what you said and I don't like it, you're not owning up anything and just happen to have a lousy excuse for everything. Pointing this out because it'd have a huge impact on others if you were to become admin, personally I'd say the ideal admin will own up to any mistakes and sacrifice any reputation rather than avoiding it like you did.

I'm really glad you don't have prejudices about me and I'm grateful.
Read it again without prejudice.

The first quote is his response to Matth's positive vote where it seems he's overpraising him in an attempt to point out that I would prejudice him, pointing it out like it's a flaw of mine I guess? Spoiler: it isn't. Second quote is him without any hesitation claiming I did in fact prejudice him... Even though I did post all the proof and chatlogs in there when I pointed out you rephrased the whole situation by trying to hide the negative/toxic attitude and the insults you've said.

As for you, @Matth, I will be responding to what you said here:
I think there is also some personal friction between you two, friction which is not caused by you Ciri of course.
From the very start I've seen @T.. as a pretty cool dude who typically said hi to me when joining the server, as I described him and I quote myself from my first reply on this thread
T. is a pretty friendly player and a familiar face here on deathrun, T. seems to fit in, and get along pretty well with the other regulars
I didn't mention these things for no reason, I genuinely think that of him. I also genuinely think he sure as hell wouldn't fit as an admin on our servers which is absolutely nothing that should be described as "personal friction", very disappointing @Matth.

Since you now know this "personal friction" is nothing related to me or anything I would ever do, are you saying you're voting +1 to a person that you think is involved in it? I know this is very opinionated but you (Matth) went straight to defending the applicant and voting +1 without questioning anything I had said or taken much into consideration even though you read the way how the applicant took in my criticism. To clear things up it's almost as if you ignored what @Adoruby said and partly some of the things I've said. This doesn't have anything to do with you two being friends I hope?

Hi Ciri.
This time I won't waste much time realizing my answer, I mean with colored messages etc.
I'm sorry but you are currently accusing me of cheating on the application.
I don't like accusations without having proof or messages about it.

This doesn't have anything to do with you two being friends I hope?

Ciri, another thing, I'm not trying to belittle you or tell you you're wrong, maybe we didn't understand each other.

You're probably mad at me for something .. But I can't understand what ... Maybe a few years ago we had a bad discussion, I don't know.

I'm not trying in any way to find excuses for everything, I'm explaining how things are.

I am very sorry that this thing disturbs you a lot, I see that unlike others you are particularly interested.
It's not an offense or anything.

See you in-game.

@Matth You kind of did the same to Ciri when saying you "think" it's something personal friction between the two of them.

I am not very impressed about the handle of the application. It's not the place to show your dick size. Yes, it is good to have a discussion about it, but there's a difference having a good and a bad discussion. This one is rather bad.

Also, whatever the admin's replies to the application, it's for the applicants best interest. A reply that seems somewhat bad for the applicant is not always a bad thing, because replies this early in the process earns the applicant something to work with. Maybe not all admin's agree with what the admin says, but in the end, it's the one admin's opinion about you and you need to deal with it. The best way is to listen to admin and start work with what the one admin does not like. It's a gift to get replies this early. You have time to change.

My vote comes later. Just stop with the silly stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread