Accepted Admin Application Mon (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mon

Donator
*I was planning to submit this a week ago however I went on holiday and postponed it until I was back to better enable me to respond to any queries.
Your name and/or nickname

Mon

Your age

18 Years old

Your Steam32 ID

[U:1:106327267]

Your general online times and your timezone

GMT, 9am-11pm intermittently, usually online between these times may not be in a game

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I spend the majority of my time on the VSH, Duel and Jailbreak servers. In my opinion it is Jailbreak which has the greatest need for an additional admin as the server is in almost continuous need of supervision. Therefore I would be most interested in a jailbreak administrative position, however if current staff decide I could be more useful on a different server the other two I listed above would also be suitable for my experience.

Do you have a microphone?

Yes

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

Around five years ago I was a Moderator on the Cubecraft Minecraft server (it still exists under a different name). This server would regularly have 100+ people playing on it at any given time. I resigned in good standing after quitting minecraft to dedicate more time to my studies.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

I have limited experience with SourceMod and would need some training should my application be accepted

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I am a very active user who enjoys interacting with other players. My previous experience administrating a server taught me many skills for effectively enforcing rules, these skills will transfer well to a Team Fortress server. I have a large amount of experience as a player on both Jailbreak and VSH which means I know the rules thoroughly and can enforce them properly. I have made (I hope) good connections with several pre-existing members of staff all of whom have acted as exemplars, showcasing the merits of the administration team which has led to this application. Finally, I am an approachable and hardworking individual, two qualities which I think will help me perform my duties well(If I should be chosen) .

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Since I am primarily interested in Jailbreak and VSH I'll list my policies for the two servers separately.

Jailbreak

• Chat-/Micspam: Prior warnings in both chat and voice comms before a gag or mute. For a first time offence I'll issue a one hour mute or gag with further rule breaking punished with scaling periods of time
  • Insulting: Prior warnings in both chat and voice comms before a gag or mute. For a first time offence I'll issue a one hour mute or gag with further rule breaking punished with scaling periods of time
  • No mic on Blu: I will ask the blu player in both comms and chat to speak in voice comm to prove they have a mic, failure to do so will result in a ban from Blu for 120 minutes spent alive on Red. Later problems will result in scaling bans
  • Freekilling/Other failures as a guard/warden: An immediate slay if the round is still in progress. The player will then be warned on the following round and, if they fail to comply with the rules I will issue a scaling ban from Blu team
  • Hacking: An immediate permanent ban from the server
  • Freeday abuse: A warning in chat/voice comss. If I catch the player doing this repeatedly I will issue a short ban where appropriate
VSH

• Chat-/Micspam: Prior warnings in both chat and voice comms before a gag or mute. For a first time offence I'll issue a one hour mute or gag with further rule breaking punished with scaling periods of time
  • Insulting: Prior warnings in both chat and voice comms before a gag or mute. For a first time offence I'll issue a one hour mute or gag with further rule breaking punished with scaling periods of time
  • AFK Hale: The Hale will be Slayed, I the player is repeatedly AFK only when Hale (and not when playing on red) I will remind them to use !resetq. If they continue to remain AFK whilst Hale I will issue a short ban if appropriate
  • Camping as Hale: A warning followed by a timebomb if the Hale refuses to actively fight
Finally let me say, I love Panda comm and look forward to being a part of it regardless of if this application is accepted or not. I look forward to hearing back from the Staff of this community and wish you the best with your decision making process.

Reactions: Satan
The times I've seen Mon are rather positive. I don't think I've had concerns?
I haven't checked if the user has had any punishments. (Something I'll do later)

I think what I'd like to see you do is now improve on your sessions. I want to see more hours being added on and some commitment before I make my vote.

I've played quite alot with Mon and I have to say as an admin I don't need to enforce any rules cause Mon does it for me :p
If someone insults, he warns, he's always there and tries to administrate the server.
In my opinion it is Jailbreak which has the greatest need for an additional admin as the server is in almost continuous need of supervision.
Might be the server with the biggest need of admins atm, but it's important you find Jailbreak enjoyable and you don't specifically apply for jb just because of the need.

I think he would be a wonderful fit in our current team, however as Madact stated you need to get your sessions improved. I hope to see you around on jb now.
+1

As a friend of Mon, I play with him a lot, VSH and JB. I can honestly say that he has great potential for being an Admin. Whenever I'm on VSH and JB with him, I don't always have to reinforce the rules because as Satan said, Mon does it frequently. He definitely knows the rules thoroughly as he taught me how to play JB and through that, I realised he has a lot of experience with the rules of play and communication rules. I don't know if my word will matter in this application as I am not Admin on JB, but I thin Mon would be not only beneficial in terms of keeping the server clean, but a great addition to the community as a person.

Would love to see a player like Mon who actually helps out on the servers by warning people and enforcing the rules. Would be nice to see him added to the team +1

Hello great application, I have not yet seen you enough to say much (improve sessions) neutral for now.

With oxygene being inactive I'd like to close this up and put it on hold. We'll revisit this once you have built up your session times.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugs
I do believe by now you have had enough time to build up your sessions.
So I'll put you under review for the next wave.

accepted, welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @Madact, should you have any questions feel free to ask us.

Reactions: Satan and Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread