Declined Admin application for US Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denzel Crocker

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Username: Denzel Crocker

Steam32 ID: STEAM_0:0:92489102

Your age: 21

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
79 hours (3 days, 9 hours)

Link to your Sourcebans record: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:92489102&advType=steamid

Server to are applying for: US Jailbreak

General online times & time zone: I live in Pacific timezone (Canada), and am typically online from 4 or 5 PM PST to 9 or 10 PM PST, which tend to be my only available times (not all the time though) due to work.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator: I was an admin for a different Jailbreak server (War3Evo) from 2017-2019, so I know what being an admin and using admin commands is like.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?: I have a good understanding of the rules after 3 to 4 months of playing constantly on this server (with ups and downs, of course), combined with my previous experience as a Jailbreak admin and watching other admins take action, I think I can give out punishments and take action appropriately. I've seen a lot of rule-breaking over my playtime here that goes unpunished so I can think having another active admin would help with that.

I'm in the grey area here because I've only seen you around the servers a few times. That being said I'm not liking this application as of now, I'll give some feedback for you now to work on though first before I do anything.

For the future please participate more in warning people breaking rules on the server. I need to be sure you know our server rules and would be a good fit, rn I don't know either and with only 79 hours playtime it's easy to forget about alot of stuff. I know you've been using !calladmin which is great, but maybe reporting people here on the forums and better familiarizing yourself here would be good since this is also you're first time posting.

Drop the political references and chat. I know you might not like trump but these servers do not want people engaging in political esk chat due to people being pretty loose cannon over it, therefore it's a server rule. I wouldn't say your "capspamming" but I did notice a few times where you were using alot of caps, I'd prefer if you didn't make that habit.

Lastly I don't mind the application being short, it's straight to the point and tells me most everything I'd wanna know. However just so you are aware, this community follows a stacking punishment line for admins to follow. People being given a punishment for the 6th time will always be a permanent one and everything in between for the most part is for you to decide. Could you make a reply here showing what kind of punishments times you'd hand out for different scenarios? You can take a look at other accepted applications in the archive section if you need help.

Thanks for the feedback. I will make every effort to improve on the things you said I need to work on. This is how my punishments would look like:

1st: 120 mins
2nd: 360 mins
3rd: 720 min
4th: 1440 mins
5th: 10080 mins
6th: Perma

Hey Crocker, figured I'd add my 2 cents in briefly.

I think the app is a bit lackluster, but a brief look at my post history will tell you that brevity isn't always a skill of mine, but it gives all the information and previous experience admining JB and sourcemod is always a big plus and means you can contribute quickly if accepted. The stacking is a bit wonky considering the current ones we currently use (checking the accepted apps gives a good gauge on it), but that is far from a deal breaker.

You've definetly taken bambi's advice and cleaned up your chatlogs these past few days, always a good look. I still think your warns could be more common (only saw a few) and a little more specific, but as always it is pretty easy to improve. However, I would like to see you start making reports and being more active on the forums, as that is something important to do as an admin. It also gives us a window into your understanding of the rules when we aren't on. Calling is still fine, keep that up.

Overall I'm leaning -1 here. I think you've got promise but you don't have a lot of time on the server and its different (read: annoying) intricacies of it can rear their ugly head to some of the current staff from time to time and I would prefer you to be a bit more experienced with it. I'd also like to see you more active on the forum with reports and stuff like that. Personally, I think in a little while you could be a good applicant but right now you just need a bit more experience.

I do not really have much to say as I haven't seen you personally on the server in a decent while, however from what I saw in the past you seem like you know a decent amount of rules and that you also are using /call. Its nice to know that you have had experience with admiring in the past. And as the others said maybe report people that broken rules to show that you know them more. With this being said, I am NEUTRAL with your application.

Reactions: Denzel Crocker
I have not been anywhere near as active as I’d like to be but from the little I’ve seen of you, you seem alright.

I think you have promise I just think you need more time and yes I know the application thread says 3 days but in a complex mode such as jailbreak you probably need to be looking at around 5-7 days instead.

Since I am pretty inactive right now I will simply be neutral. If you don’t get accepted this time around, I think you’d make a fine candidate next time you apply especially if you take what bambi and rct said and keep on applying it.

Reactions: Denzel Crocker
I have nothing much to say since I'm not active as I should be. But I was on a couple of days ago when someone was arguing a mute they got and you kept on explaining to him what rule he broke. While I admire your dedication, You talking to him and me talking to him. The only thing I can really tell you was to not argue with someone when an admin is talking to them. As of now im staying neutral

Reactions: vinny
sadly going to decline this due to the provided feedback.

you may apply again in a month so; 21.12.2021

• Sad
Reactions: TRGGB2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread