Declined Admin Application for the DR EU Server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uchias60

This is my first application I ever write in english. So don't be to harsh for me if it isn't in the best way possible to be written in.

My name/nickname: My real name is John but the name I'm usually find in the online world is uchias60. Friends in Germany that I have also are calling me Uschi but I don't think many people can speak it out properly.

My Age: I am currently 18 years old.

Steam32 ID: [U:1:118187341]

My general online times and timezone: I am ususally every day online. Either on the DR EU server or the JB NY server. If I'm not in either of these two but be shown as online, then I probably playing others games or watching streams. Timezone is UTC/GMT +1 hour.

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?: I am usually playing on either DR EU or JB NY. Rarely on FF2. I would visit a broader range of servers, if it is necessary. I would apply for the DR EU server since I heard they could need an Admin.

Do I have a microphone: Yes, I do have a mic.

My previous experience as Admin or Moderator: I was for a long time an Admin on a TTT server and a Community General Manager (Somebody who is below the Owner and Co-Owner) for a Community in GMod who has a player base around 200-300 people.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: Since I never was an admin on a server with SourceMod I have currently no experience with it. But with the time I would learn all the commands that I need to learn as Admin.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?: I am an actviely player on the Panda Community that can get along with a big part of the community. I usually trying to get people to play by the rules as long as no Admin is online. I get along with many of the Admins and think I would fit perfectly into that spot.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Mic/Chat Spam,Begging, Toxic:
- 1-2 Warnings
- Mute/Gag for 4h
- Mute Gag for 8h
- Mute/Gag for 1d
- Mute/Gaag for 2d
- Mute/Gag for 1w
- Perm Mute/Gag

Racism:
-
1-2 Warnings
- Gag/Mute for 6h
- Gag/Mute for 12h
- Gag/Mute for 2D
- Gag/Mute for 1W
- Gag/Mute for 1M
- Perm Gag/Mute

Insulting,Harassment
- 1-2 Warnings
- Mute/Gag for 4h
- Mute Gag for 8h
- Mute/Gag for 16h
- Mute/Gag for 32h
- Mute/Gag for 3D
- Perm Mute/Gag

Advertising:
- 1-2 Warnings
- Mute/Gag for 3h
- Mute/Gag for 6h
- Mute/Gag for 12h
- Mute/Gag for 1d
- Mute/Gag for 2d
- Perm Mute/Gag

Hacking:
-
Perm (if necessary I use some recording progam to show as evidence)

Exploting, Skipping:
- 1-2 Warnings
- Time Bomb/Slay
- Ban for 8h

Delaying:
- 2-3 Warnings
- Timebomb
- Ban for 8h

Favourting a person:
-
3 Warning
- Slay/Timebomb
- Ban for 6h

I edited my times with the help of @A Wild Tryhard

Admin edit: Merged the posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello uchias60!

uchias60 is a decently friendly person from how I know him, not very well known in deathrun and I can't speak much for if he has a good understanding of the rules but from my experience, he doesn't seem to want to accept not being correct about something. He does have one comm block from ghosting because even after being told it wasn't allowed, he said it was, he didn't hesitate to continue and got gagged later on. He can be very friendly at times but somewhat aggresive when it comes to people breaking rules, by insulting them and calling them names like "idiot".

Briefly the application is very short with lots of spelling mistakes almost as if you didn't take the time to double check it before posting it. Your punishment lengths are exactly the same for all rules broken so I don't understand why you have different catagories, is it to make the application look longer? The time lengths seem like they're just pulled out of nowhere (1300 minutes = 21,66 hours, 2600 minutes = 43,33 hours and 10000 minutes = 166,66 hours). The application is unprofessional and very rushed, it weighs down your chances of receiving positive feedback. I understand this is your first application in English, as you say but some of the mistakes like "favourting" are just from not putting effort into it.

It is important you give out bans for delaying because it's against the rules and quite a problem for the dead players waiting once the admin disconnects. As for favouring you can give a ban pretty early so perhaps a single warning, especially since the chances of you catching the same person doing it 3 times after warning them is pretty slim and it is an easy rule to remember.

I don't think I missed anything out or have much else to say other than good luck.

@Ranger Ciri

It's nice to see your view on my application and I can understand your points.
I did my best to not making that much spelling mistakes but since English is not my mother tongue and it's my very first application I ever did in English it's IMO cleary that they are spelling mistakes. I did actually took some time to think over the rules and the punishments and don't rushed the whole thing down.
But hey it's your opinion and I don't judge it at all. ^^

Hello Uchias.

I've seen you on dr for some time now, you are generally a nice person.

Taking into cosideration the things Ciri said I will stay Neutral for now.

I believe you should reconsider punishment times, and I would be happy to help you with that. I will give you some time to see your behavior and then give my final vote.

Reactions: uchias60
I haven't seen you often on DR, but I still have some things to say. Mostly about the punishments described in the application: even if Tryhard helped, it still has some large flaws. For example, if someone skips a trap, they can be immediately slain. Also, 3 warnings is way too much for both delaying and favouring, one is enough.
Another thing is the fact that you aren't exactly open to criticism/suggestions, as shown by your reply to Ciri's reply. You really shouldn't dismiss his criticism as "just an opinion."
And one of the few times I've seen you on the server, you were actually insulting someone in voice chat, calling them a "retard." I've also heard from others that you do this often. This is really not something a good admin would be doing.
Considering all this, I'll give a -1.

I've witnessed that you've mistakenly suspected people for skipping and warned them, where in reality they were simply rushing.
I do believe that as an applicant it is very important that you know the difference between those two things.

I have also noticed that you gave fake freeruns, and while we don't have a rule against it, it sets a bad example.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to give you a -1

With receiving feedback from @Stabbin I believe I am safe to do this.
The deathrun team don't believe you're well suited for the position so this will be declined.

Feel free to reapply 1 month from now. Take what advice you can on board if you wish to have a chance.
Thank you ::):

• Winner
Reactions: ZeroPC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread