Accepted Admin Application For TFDB (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanix

My Application

Name/Nickname: ★Nanix★
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:103202661
Online Times: Monday-Wednesday, Friday, and usually every other weekend (if not more often).
Time Zone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US)
Servers That I Play: I only ever play on the US 24/7 Dodgeball server, it is the only mode that interests me.

Microphone Status: I do not have a microphone, but I plan to buy one when I can.

Previous Experience as an Admin/Moderator: I have never been a moderator or admin for anything except for one tfdb server I played on about a year and a half ago. It has since closed down and I have no idea what the name is (primarily because the only reason I stopped playing it was because of that).

Experience With SourceMod: I have no experience with it, but I can learn anything.

Why I Feel I Should Be A Staff Member: I have quite a bit of experience with this server, as it is the one I play most. I feel as if I know all the rules just as well as the punishments for them, when there is too little and when there is too much.

Punishments: Those who do not follow the rules will receive the following punishment depending upon their offence. If a player is actually hacking, they are to be banned for 10080 minutes. If they are spamming (3-5 lines of the same text or close to, personally) they will be warned twice before receiving a gag for half an hour. This includes a microphone. If said players simply orbit for too long, they will be told not to twice before they are slayed. Finally, if a player is stealing, they are to be slayed immediately, capping on 3 and thus being banned one day.

Reactions: Cleasaurus
  • Informative
Reactions: Madact
If said players simply orbit for too long, they will be told not to twice before they are slayed.

Just some advice: Don't slay people who orbit too long, it will cause their rocket to "leak", meaning it will go to a teammate without alerting them. What I typically do is just freeze them. That way they have one last chance to airblast the rocket, and even if they fail the rocket will only kill them, not leak out any of their teammates.

Otherwise good luck on your application.

• Friendly
Reactions: Squall and Capp
Just some advice:Don't slay people who orbit too long, it will cause their rocket to "leak", meaning it will go to a teammate without alerting them. What I typically do is just freeze them. That way they have one last chance to airblast the rocket, and even if they fail the rocket will only kill them, not leak out any of their teammates.

Otherwise good luck on your application.
Understandable, thank you for the advice. It hadn't even crossed my mind that it would teamkill another player (something I have experience with first hand). Ask Luigi, I'm sure he can explain it.

Set to pending.
No rush, but I'd like to remind @Cryptic and @Luigi123 about feedback.

Any other dodgeballers feel free to leave feedback so long as you have played with this player.

Also @Nanix , what do you mean by ask luigi about explaining...what exactly?

Hey there,
Thanks for applying, I have played with you several times, you're a nice player!

Now before I provide my comment, a player who would like to remain anonymous shared his feedback while playing with you, I have removed unnecessary things from his comment.

"After playing with him, he does not really enforce much, its rare to see him to that, one thing I find that bothers me is that he can't identify a HACKER which is a major skill every admin should have. There was a hacker on once, I kind of exposed him that he was hacking which i shouldnt have, then Nanix started to defend him how he wasent. A DB hacker would try to have a bind where they can turn it on and off, as what he was doing, Nanix said that he is not hacking and says how he himself can directly air blast rockets against a bot at a high speed, please remember that air blasting up spikes, random switches and etc could be easy to air blast directly back, but not all the time, its quite hard doing it all the time and not missing. In this case, the hacker was clearly air blasting every rocket and when someone gets fishy about that player and starts to call him out or stands near him to test him, he would start to either turn it off, go afk, or die from the rocket. Nanix also said that "hackers can't miss", they don't miss, but they can hide it by doing what I just said above. This hacker decided to go AFK until the next round or map. A new map was here, the admin(akaluigi, thats u) left the server and as he did that, he joined and started to auto air blast. Many people started to get surprised how he managed to air blast random rockets at a high speed or at times where he gets switched randomly, they started to get fishy and luigi happened to be in "Stealth Mode" recording him of hacking, I do not remember the name, however the demo shows everything. After you banned him, he went quite, this made me think that he was surprised on how he was hacking and probably thinks he wasent hacking. I dont think Nanix is capable of becoming an admin if he doesent know what a DB hacker would think and act as it did in the past, why?? well if theres a hacker and he just thinks oh its just a gud player, he would be ruining the fun and enjoyment in the server and defending him how hes not hacking also going away from this, he doesent really enforce much and its rare to see him do that. hes a gud guy, but needs improvement on his ability to enforce when a rule breaker is on and when a hacker is on, because of this, i would stay as a -1 or stay neutral"

I would like to thank this player for giving feedback on Nanix, now its my turn,

After playing with you and reading this, you're a nice player, however it is true that you do not enforce much, its rare to see you enforce, but not all the time. Also please settle down with the swears, as an Admin, you should be mature and probably not swear at all, but that's not a big thing but again, settle down with it. As this anonymous player stated above, it is important to know when someone is hacking, it may be hard at first, but you will get the hang of it. Many hack on their main account and manipulate people that they aren't because "they have hats", however you still need to watch them and how they react. Again identifying a hacker is a major skill to have and by reading this and in game which I was monitoring when the hacker and you was on, you decided that he was not hacking and defended him, I do believe with a little more practice and knowledge of what a DB hacker would act like should improve your ability towards knowing or not if they are hacking.

You do have previous punishments, but it does not affect this app as said above.

Overall, you do know the rules, however I would like to see some improvement from you, because of this I am
staying neutral.

Something feels off. Can you please clarify.

A year and a half ago, you monitored a dodgeball server, yet you don't recall the name of the server, and lack experience of using SourceMod?

Something feels off. Can you please clarify.

A year and a half ago, you monitored a dodgeball server, yet you don't recall the name of the server, and lack experience of using SourceMod?
Sorry, please let me rephrase: I have no experience with SourceMod installments that came after, and what I do know is barely memorable because it was so long ago. Sadly half the time, if I'm even gone for a month I forget some commands. Remembering commands, words, etc. is not my strong suit.

Hey there,
Thanks for applying, I have played with you several times, you're a nice player!

Now before I provide my comment, a player who would like to remain anonymous shared his feedback while playing with you, I have removed unnecessary things from his comment.

"After playing with him, he does not really enforce much, its rare to see him to that, one thing I find that bothers me is that he can't identify a HACKER which is a major skill every admin should have. There was a hacker on once, I kind of exposed him that he was hacking which i shouldnt have, then Nanix started to defend him how he wasent. A DB hacker would try to have a bind where they can turn it on and off, as what he was doing, Nanix said that he is not hacking and says how he himself can directly air blast rockets against a bot at a high speed, please remember that air blasting up spikes, random switches and etc could be easy to air blast directly back, but not all the time, its quite hard doing it all the time and not missing. In this case, the hacker was clearly air blasting every rocket and when someone gets fishy about that player and starts to call him out or stands near him to test him, he would start to either turn it off, go afk, or die from the rocket. Nanix also said that "hackers can't miss", they don't miss, but they can hide it by doing what I just said above. This hacker decided to go AFK until the next round or map. A new map was here, the admin(akaluigi, thats u) left the server and as he did that, he joined and started to auto air blast. Many people started to get surprised how he managed to air blast random rockets at a high speed or at times where he gets switched randomly, they started to get fishy and luigi happened to be in "Stealth Mode" recording him of hacking, I do not remember the name, however the demo shows everything. After you banned him, he went quite, this made me think that he was surprised on how he was hacking and probably thinks he wasent hacking. I dont think Nanix is capable of becoming an admin if he doesent know what a DB hacker would think and act as it did in the past, why?? well if theres a hacker and he just thinks oh its just a gud player, he would be ruining the fun and enjoyment in the server and defending him how hes not hacking also going away from this, he doesent really enforce much and its rare to see him do that. hes a gud guy, but needs improvement on his ability to enforce when a rule breaker is on and when a hacker is on, because of this, i would stay as a -1 or stay neutral"

I would like to thank this player for giving feedback on Nanix, now its my turn,

After playing with you and reading this, you're a nice player, however it is true that you do not enforce much, its rare to see you enforce, but not all the time. Also please settle down with the swears, as an Admin, you should be mature and probably not swear at all, but that's not a big thing but again, settle down with it. As this anonymous player stated above, it is important to know when someone is hacking, it may be hard at first, but you will get the hang of it. Many hack on their main account and manipulate people that they aren't because "they have hats", however you still need to watch them and how they react. Again identifying a hacker is a major skill to have and by reading this and in game which I was monitoring when the hacker and you was on, you decided that he was not hacking and defended him, I do believe with a little more practice and knowledge of what a DB hacker would act like should improve your ability towards knowing or not if they are hacking.

You do have previous punishments, but it does not affect this app as said above.

Overall, you do know the rules, however I would like to see some improvement from you, because of this I am
staying neutral.
Sorry about that little incident, I should have known better, that is true. Most times though, I don't enforce because I am in no position to do so. Most players do not care unless a staff tells them otherwise, and even then it may not be enough. I will work on that.
Also, second topic, swear words.
Yes I understand I use them too often, I do have some anger issues and sometimes dying continuously to something unfair or unexpected (less so to that) makes me get a little enraged. Gotta work on that too, thank you for the feedback.

Comments:
  • Lookin' at your chatlog, you're starting to enforce the rules more, which is a good sign. You even binded one of stealing binds :kappa:
  • You do swear; however, I'd be a hypocrite to ask you not to. As long as it's not excessive or directed towards anyone as an insult, I'm fine with it.
  • Overall, you're a nice guy, who likes to mess around and tease his friends.
Suggestions:
  • I'd highly suggest for you to be more active on the forums 'cause you were last seen almost a week ago. You don't have to post things daily; however, it'd be beneficial for you to look around and be kept up to date. Perhaps you already do, but don't login, 'cause that's what a lot of players tend to do.
  • I'd like for you to continue to enforce the rules. Whether they listen to you or not, it doesn't matter. As long as you're putting the effort by warning and reporting 'em, that's good enough for me.
  • I do have some anger issues and sometimes dying continuously to something unfair or unexpected (less so to that) makes me get a little enraged.
    Hope you've been workin' on this 'cause you don't know how many times dodgeball admins die while tryna enforce the rules :kappa: Just remember: don't stress about it and have fun. I enjoy playing and monitoring the server, even though I always get tk'd or die while monitoring. Luigi? Luigi prob'ly holds the record:
mhcz.png

Overall, I'd give you a +0.5. Good luck man!

Set to pending.
No rush, but I'd like to remind @Cryptic and @Luigi123 about feedback.

Any other dodgeballers feel free to leave feedback so long as you have played with this player.

Also @Nanix , what do you mean by ask luigi about explaining...what exactly?
When the rocket team kills another player after its target was slain, I think it has happened to me about twice. Luigi just so happened to be the one who slayed them both times.

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
just letting you know that your app is under review.

accepted, welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @Cryptic, should you have any kind of questions feel free to ask anyone of us.

Reactions: TBotV63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread