Accepted Admin Application for #9 Deathrun (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Áðuruby

Name: Adoruby

Steam32 ID: STEAM_0:1:38884023

Online Times: I'm usually online on Steam almost all day (approx. 8:00-22:00) except when something comes up, but that is really rare. I play almost every day on the server I'm applying for in the afternoon (approx. 14:00-22:00)

Timezone: GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)

Microphone: I don't have one.

Experience Administrating: I was randomly chosen to be a moderator on a few Garry's Mod servers, where I've been promoted several times. I don't remember where to find these servers, they might even be long gone, as this was a long time ago.

Frequented Servers: I usually play on the server I'm applying for (#9 Deathrun), but I'm willing to visit any server I get a report from.

Experience with SourceMod: I'm certain that I am familiar with all the important commands.

Why you should choose me: I am on the server almost every day for at least a few hours. However, the server rarely has admins on, and several others have also been bothered by this. I'm sure I could do something about these problems if given the chance.

What I'd do: I plan on giving out permanent bans, gags and such as rarely as possible, as I think everyone has the chance to learn from their mistakes. I'd warn wrongdoers first, then punish them according to what they were doing wrong if they do not stop doing it (gag for text spam/insulting, mute for the same in voice chat, timebomb delayers, slay exploiters, etc.), lengthening the time of the punishment for repeat offenders.

Thank you for your consideration.

Reactions: Madact
Hey, Adoruby! I've seen you around a lot on DR, most of the time I'm on you're on or has been on as well. Your sessions prove this, and I have no complaints about your chatlog as you are a seemingly nice and friendly player. However, before I give my official vote yet I'd like to see some more information on your general overview of policies as they are very important and play a large role in applications. I wish you good luck, because I actually want to see you do this!

Check around on some accepted applications and take a general gander on how people do with their policies and punishments, especially accepted DR applicants (Frosty, me, Stabbin, Madact, Trazyn, TreatFly, Lukas, Redspike and many more) as that would give you a general idea of how it looks like.

No comm blocks or bans, sessions look alright and the chat seems clean. (thx @Goliath btw :) )
I've played with Adoruby a few times, I honestly think he has some admin material in him: he doesn't look like the type of guy who breaks rules of any sort and appears to be a friendly player, although I would love to see some rule enforcements from time to time, in my perspective it contributes to a gain of an admins' trust on you.
As for the app,it seems a bit rushed. As Mertes stated, maybe adding a bit more detail on the policies and punishments session (for example some lengths on specific rule breaks) would be best, since not only will help decide on everyone's vote, but also gives you a professional appearence.

Thank you for the feedback. Here's a more detailed policy list:

Deathrun Specific Offenses:

Skipping traps using bhop: Warn, if repeated, slay. If repeated after multiple slayings, kick. If they re-join and repeat it again, then ban for 3 hours. Each subsequent repeat offense doubles the previous ban length.

Delaying:
Warn, if ignored, timebomb. If repeated after multiple timebombs, kick. If they re-join and repeat again, ban them for 3 hours. Each subsequent repeat offense doubles the previous ban length.

Exploiting: Warn, if ignored or unable to get back to an intended runner area, slay. If repeated after multiple slayings, kick. If they re-join and repeat again, ban them for 3 hours. Each subsequent repeat offense doubles the previous ban length.

Favouring: Warn, if ignored, slay. If repeated after multiple slayings, kick. If they re-join and repeat again, ban them for 3 hours. Each subsequent repeat offense doubles the previous ban length.

Ghosting: Warn, if ignored, gag for 90 minutes. Each subsequent repeat offense doubles the previous gag length.

General Offenses:

Spam/Advertising/Insults/Discrimination/Foreign Language:
Warn, if ignored, gag and/or mute for 90 minutes. Each subsequent repeat offense doubles the previous gag/mute length.

Abuse of !call: Warn, if ignored, kick. If they re-join and repeat it again, then ban for 3 hours. Each subsequent repeat offense doubles the previous ban length.

Offensive appearance (Name, spray, profile picture) (Includes admin impersonation): Warn, if ignored, kick. If they re-join and do not have it changed, then ban for 3 hours. Each subsequent repeat offense doubles the previous ban length.

Hacking: Demo recording and immediate 1 day long ban. Each subsequent repeat offense doubles the previous ban length.

To be more precise about the multiplicative punishment length, it's as follows:
90 minutes > 3 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month
I do not think a ban longer than one month would ever be necessary, but I am open to criticism.

Reactions: Laffie
Now that's what I call detailed! :p
I don't see any sort of flaw in your punishments. It's a +1 from me, for the reasons given in my last feedback.
Good luck with your application :)

He/she has passed all the requirements.

@Stabbin @Madact

Please give a feedback on this app. You have aleast 1 week. Other Admins can also give a feedback on this app too. If you know him/her.

Thank you.

It's a +1 from me, very nice sessions. We could surely use someone like you.

Great job on the policies and punishments! I'll give you my +1! As Stabbin pointed out, we could use someone like you!

Looking at it I'm pretty much happy. There are some things like your punishments need a good cleaning up. Sessions look nice...A little too nice. 10 hours on the server? I'm hoping this doesn't include any AFK time.

With everyone happy I'd like to give my +1 as well.
With that I'm closing it up for review. The thing is the wave has just gone so it might be a while till to hear back from us.

accepted, welcome in the team ruby :3:

your mentor during your trial phase will be @Mertes, should you have any questions feel free to ask anyone of us.

Reactions: Stabbin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread