Declined Admin Application FF2 US (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Potato

Donator
Name and/or nickname
Project Potato

Who gave me permission to apply?

Waxel gave me permission to apply for the FF2 US server.

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:223187958

General online times and my time zone

I'm online around;
4pm-10pm Monday-Friday -School sometimes takes up the day
9am-10pm Active All Day, Every other Weekend - Active morning and night

My Time zone is Pacific Daylight Time

Server I Am Applying For
I am applying for the FF2 US server, I have been playing on this server for around 2 years, and lately a lot more. This server is starting to get more people joining again, and I'm usually the person that gets on at 1-2 people and waits for more to join. When there are a lot of people on I can stay around for the whole day playing.

Do I have a microphone?
Yes I do have a microphone and I use it often, sometimes I take a brake and just use chat, but more likely I will be talking to people.

Any previous experience as Admin or Moderator?

I have no previous experience.

Any experience with administrating with SourceMod?

I have no previous experience.

Why do I want to apply for Admin?

I want to apply for Admin because the FF2 US server is more active than the Panda Community thinks it is. I am constantly getting into the server with a good amount of people, but there is never an Admin playing with us. I want to be an Admin that not only comes to help with any problems, but also plays with the players. The last time I played with an Admin was well over a few months, and I want to change that. I could make it a better experience for the players on the server whenever there is a rulebreaker, I feel that I am constantly telling people what they can and can't do in both voice and regular chat, and people usually listen to me, but since I have no way to enforce the rules it does not always work. I am a very active member of this servers community, and I feel like I would be a good fit for the Admin of the server.
I have been debating with myself if I want to become and Admin for a long time, and I feel that I'm ready to take that step.

How I would issue punishments

My punishment scaling for Bans/Mutes/Gags:
First - Give Warnings
Second - 60 mins
Third - 24 hours
Fourth - 96 hours
Fifth - 720 hours
Sixth - Permanent

Server Punishments
-Camping As Boss
First Time - Slaps to motivate
Continuing - Slay
Camping multiple times - Boss ban (Scaling?)

-Teaming With Boss
First Time - Slaps to motivate
Continuing - Slay
Multiple times - Scaling Ban

-AFK
First Time - Move to spectator
Second Time - Kick
Joining Just to AFK (And not going Spec) - Scaling ban

-Ghosting
First Time - Warnings
Second Time - Scaling Gag/Mute

-Camping on non-camping class
First Time -Slaps to motivate

Second Time -Timebomb to motivate
Third Time -Slay (Maybe kick?)

-Harassment/Mic/Chat Spam
First Time - Warnings

Second Time - Scaling Mute/Gag

-Inappropriate Sprays
First Time - Warnings, Remove Spray

Second Time - Kick
Third Time - Scaling Ban
-Cheating
Instant Ban

My first time ever doing something like this, I feel I can do it right.

Bans 0
Comms 0
Chat
Sessions

Tagging US FF2 Admins:
@Wild Card Joker

Review:
I've been waiting for you to apply for a long time potato, I remember you being on the server all the time and warning people before I can get to them. Your chat and playtime are desirable along with your admiration to be an admin. Panda needs more people looking to either be an admin or not cause trouble for them all the time. Your application while short gets your point across with ease, the only thing I would change is wording. Your application is short in a sense that there isn't really any colorful wording let alone length, I know that an application to a video game server doesn't need to be of thesis but a longer reason why you should be accepted would be appreciated. Your punishments go into detail saying you will warn people which is good since warning is the first thing you should ever do, however the lengths seem a bit scattered we tend to follow a more gradual scale of punishments instead of jumping from 1 hour to 1 day. All in all, it has been a good while since I've seen someone apply to US FF2 and I don't think it will be the last. For this application I am going to be +1. Thank you for applying, I wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: Project Potato
I have never been good at writing, has always been my worst subject, but I'll try to go into more detail.
Ever since I joined this server I have always had fun, but there has always been rule breakers. The admins have not always responded to the calls, and I would be the one telling people to stop what they are doing. I want to be able to enforce rules for once, and have people respect what I'm telling them. Then there is the fact that I am constantly hearing things from other people that deserve a mute/gag, and there is nothing I can do about it. Someone added me the other day to talk to me because they were perma-muted/gaged on the server and someone was making fun of them and there was nothing they could do. And even though I tried, there was no way for me to enforce the rules and help him. I come across the issue of muted/gaged people all the time and I feel that if I'm active enough on the server, I could give them a second chance to talk because I feel like some of them were perma-muted without a second chance. I want to be able to help the server by being an active Admin, enforcing rules and being there for the players.

As for the punishments, I don't have any former experience as an Admin and I thought those might need to be changed, so I'll be happy to soften them up. But while they may seem harsh, I have some experience getting punished for breaking rules. I used to be a hacker in Minecraft (I was like 9) and when I got punished for hacking I got banned multiple times for a short amount of time, but I still went back, hacking until I got permanently banned. Only then did I realize that getting banned means you can't go back, and that punishments need to escalate fast because otherwise the person doing something wrong won't care enough to stop, or maybe I was just a kid that did not understand what permanent means, and took way to many risks. No, I do not hack in Minecraft anymore, but I felt this would be a good example for why punishments should be harsh.

Here is a Revision of my Punishments
My punishment scaling for Bans/Mutes/Gags:
First - Give Warnings
Second - 30 mins
Third - 2 hours
Fourth - 24 hours
Fifth - 72 hours
Sixth - 168 hours
Seventh - 720 hours
Eighth - Permanent

Reactions: Jim Bob
I'm sorry to say that I've rarely actually seen you on when I'm on so I'm going neutral, though you do sound very promising.

We have decided to decline your application. You are a good applicant but the server is not active enough to need administration. You may reapply in a month's time 12.05.2021

• Indifferent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread