Declined Admin Application (Dodgeball) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizen

- Your name and/or nickname

My name is Jim. In game i am known as ❇Aizen ٿ

- Your age

I am currently 18 Years old.

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

I'm signing up for #04 Dodgeball + #19 Dodgeball 2 after i noticed they were in need of Staff.

- Your Steam2 ID

My Steam ID is (STEAM_0:1:64514393)

- Your general online times and your timezone

I'm online and available atleast 10 Hours / Day, Between 13:00 - 01:00 GMT.
I have no School nor Work so i am completely free on the weekends.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I play on #04 and #19 Dodgeball Servers and i would be able to visit a broader range, Yes.

- Do you have a microphone?

Yes, i do have a microphone, and i do use it quite often.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I've been either Administrator or Moderator in several different games, also Game-Master for a Mmorpg.
I have alot of experience when it comes to Administrating and Moderating a server.
I've had my own servers in both Counter-Strike and Garry's Mod and i've been Owner on a very strict RolePlay Server, so i got quite the experience when it comes to Administration and Responsibility, i do not take unnecessary actions.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

Yes, i do.
As i mentioned above, i've had several different Garry's Mod servers, i used to own one of the most famous Counter Strike Source server a long time ago. Also been trying to code for it.
So i would say i got some experience when it comes to SourceMod, even if it was a long time ago, but i'm always ready to learn if needed.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I do have a lot of experience Administrating and personally i believe that i would be very helpful on the Dodgeball servers.
I've been on the #04 and #19 Dodgeball servers for quite a while now and every time i'm on it i always notice the reports coming in several times per hour but there is no Admin to respond.
And me being online every day would help the servers alot, i am always ready if a report comes in.
I've been on the server now for more than a Year (I had some breaks from Team Fortress 2) so i know the rules. I'm also a very friendly guy, i do enjoy helping people in every possible way.
But why you really should choose me is i would be available the whole day, i have a lot of experience Administrating, and i'm just a guy that do enjoy having fun. Every time i'm on i always chat with people, we have fun and just enjoy Dodgeball, meantime Hackers and Reports keeps coming in but no one is able to do anything, i would be there as fast as possible almost any time a day, i take responsibility and would do my best to make the servers a better place with less reports and hackers.

- Please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

It all depends on the kind of offense, If they do "Steal" i would first warn them, 2nd time i would Slay them with a Warning, 3rd time Kick him with a warning and reason, 4th time i would ban him for 6 Hours.

If they "Block" other players intentionally, it's a slay immediately (With a Warning), 2nd Block intentionally after my first warning i would slay him again and give another warning in case he didn't see it, 3rd time (Ignoring the warnings and keeps blocking) I would take action and ban him for a 4-6 Hours with the reason why he was banned.

If they "Keep Orbiting" i would give them a warning, 2nd time i would slay him with a warning, 3rd time Kick him with a reason, but i do not see this as an bannable offense, unless he keeps coming back doing it over and over again.

If they "Mic Spam" I would warn them, if it keeps going after the warning i would mute them for 10 minutes with a warning, if they keep "Mic Spamming" after those 10 minutes i would mute them for a longer period of time (1-2 Hours)

"Racism" If they do spread racism i would first warn them and if they keep spreading the racism after my first warning i would mute them for a very long period of time as i see any kind of Religion Insults, Racism, Harassments very offensive.

"Admin Disrespect" I would give them a warning, if they keep disrespecting i would take action with a Mute/Gag for around 10-30 Minutes, 3rd time i would ban for 2 Hours.

If they do "Abuse Call" I would warn them, 2nd time warning, 3rd time warning, 4th time Kick, 5th time Ban 1-6 Hours (Depending on the situation)

"AFK Players" I would just move them to Spectate.

"Hacking" I would spectate for a while, if it is obvious hacking as for [Auto-Airblast] I would take action with a Permanent Ban. If there is just a suspect of hacking, i would review it more closely afterwards by recording the match.

If there is anything else you want to ask me about feel free! /Aizen

I want to point out something that might make this application invalid:

You have 2 days 01:28:40 hours on #04 and 18:34:53 hours on #19. Even if you add up the two, it still doesn't make 3 days. You're just a few hours from 3 days but hm. I don't think it matters much but I'm pointing it out.

Also, checking your sessions, you just recently started playing again. You might need some time to get more hours and be active again.

Application looks great however, if what I said doesn't invalidate the app, then good luck.

Hello! I don't believe I've seen you in-game before.

After checking your gameme you seem to be a couple of hours short of 3 days but that may be overlooked.
Before we get to your punishments and such I want to know why you have a VAC ban (only just 5 days ago) as I don't see this mentioned in your application.

Oh yeah, about the Ban it is not a "Vac" Type of ban, but according to Counter-Strike Global Offensive it shows up as Vac Ban even if you get an overwatch from Griefing ingame, when i played with my friends we kinda shot each other for fun and then the enemies reported us for griefing which led into a ban 30 days, but it shows as vac on profile.
I wasn't 100% if i had to write it in or not that's why i mentioned that if you have any questions feel free :)

I've been on #19 more than the #04 one these days, a year ago i believe my name was Kaname

Oh yeah, about the Ban it is not a "Vac" Type of ban, but according to Counter-Strike Global Offensive it shows up as Vac Ban even if you get an overwatch from Griefing ingame, when i played with my friends we kinda shot each other for fun and then the enemies reported us for griefing which led into a ban 30 days, but it shows as vac on profile.
I wasn't 100% if i had to write it in or not that's why i mentioned that if you have any questions feel free :)

I've been on #19 more than the #04 one these days, a year ago i believe my name was Kaname
I asked around on my friendlist and they say that isn't so, coupled with this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe.../do_overwatch_bans_turn_into_vac_bans_or_not/ and other sources on google.

Really? It popped up after a Griefing report, same i searched for it after the profile vac and people has posted about it on Steam that it stays even after 30 days when it's supposed to be gone, now it hasn't been 30 days yet, but i'm not sure then.. I got banned on Counter-Strike for the reason Griefing and it's a 30 days ban unless it says permanent.

That's what i know atleast, if it isn't griefing then i actually don't have a clue myself, i would have to contact them and have a look further into it.

If they "Keep Orbiting" i would give them a warning, 2nd time i would slay him with a warning, 3rd time Kick him with a reason, but i do not see this as an bannable offense, unless he keeps coming back doing it over and over again"
Continuous orbiters should be frozen or slapped as slaying them would cause the rocket to go towards someone else without a sentry beep.
If they do "Abuse Call" I would warn them, 2nd time warning, 3rd time warning, 4th time Kick, 5th time Ban 1-6 Hours (Depending on the situation)"
You're too lenient on this as a lot admins I see go with a warning and a kick, then a ban for an hour.
"Hacking" I would spectate for a while, if it is obvious hacking as for [Auto-Airblast] I would take action with a Permanent Ban. If there is just a suspect of hacking, i would review it more closely afterwards by recording the match."
All hackers must be recorded in case of an appeal so that you have evidence.

The VAC ban is due to cheating (.dll file detected)
If you get Overwatched for 'Griefing/Hacking/Etc..', it'll show up as a gameban.

If what you're saying is true, show us a picture of your '30 day overwatch ban' from the main menu.

Yeah, i was in contact with them around an hour ago now, it is because of modified files apparently.
I used scopes, mags from a Garry's Mod Addon and added them to the AK, M4A1, AWP.. The weapons i use the most.
VAC Does not allow usage of modified files because it can give me advantage no one else has and therefor you're only allowed to use configs, Console Commands.

I thought it was a griefing ban because the timing of it, but if it now would be griefing the ban wouldn't come a day after the match but rather an hour after the match has been played.
I've been using modified weapons on csgo now for about a year, so i was almost sure that it wasn't an bannable offense.
But i've contacted one of the Valve Community Moderators, he sent me a link on the TOS, and told me if i use any kind of modified files other than configs, console, VAC will detect it sooner or later and take action.
It's just such a timing that it came after me and my team killed our self several times because we won a cs game and got reported for griefing, even after i used it for a year (Since August 2014)
Well i was wrong, i'm sorry about that, but i had no clue that modifying files such as ak is bannable offense since i managed to use it on both CSS and CSGO for a long period of time.

Okay, let me tell you why that is bullshit and why this application should be denied on the spot.

1. You CAN modify files and if certain community servers allow for edited files, you can play on them (sv_secure '0').
1.1 You cannot even enter VAC protected servers with modified files as the game constantly checks them for edits.

2. VAC bans are in waves.

3. You won't get Overwatched because you killed your friends once. Or because you got reported once.

Fuck off, already.

EDIT;

Not to mention that you already have a 'smurf' account after being VAC banned for less than a week.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/KanameSenpai

Impressive.

Last edited:
  • Well written application
  • Decent policies
  • Decent chat log
  • Applying when barely meeting the playtime required
  • Shadiness surrounding your VAC ban
  • VAC ban
  • Trying to cover it up
Overall I have to go with a -1
Maybe next time be more truthful as to why you have a vac ban, it is a bit strange to apply for admin only 5 days after getting a vac ban.

• Agree
Reactions: Dio Brando
just letting you know that the application is under review.
the final decission might follow shortly.

declined due to lack of activity also you dont have 3 days total game time on either of those 2 servers.
you might re-apply again on the 06.12.2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread