Accepted Admin Application #16 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redspike

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Username:

Redspike

Steam32 ID:

STEAM_0:0:48401950

Your age:

22 years old.

Current playtime on relevant server(s):

03d 00h 47m
Stats

Link to your Sourcebans record:

Bans (1 on record)
Comms (1 on record)

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?

N/A

Server to are applying for:

#16 2fort

General online times & time zone:

Timezone: UTC +1 (CET)

Will often come online sometime between 15:00 and 19:00 on weekdays. When I'm not playing I'll often be able to sit on 'standby' for calls. Will be available much earlier during weekends.

Do you have a working microphone?

Yes.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:

Gameserver Admin for Panda Community during the better part of 2015.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?

Despite the fact that it was almost 7(!) years ago since I resigned from Admin I still consider myself well-accustomed to the role. Even though have been many changes in terms of procedure since 2015; the everyday tasks and challenges for an Admin remains the same - and I think I have demonstrated my ability during my previous tenure. I am also very active on the forums and have been engaged with the community for a long time. I have interacted with most regulars and I am on good terms with all potential colleagues on the staff team.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments:

A good Admin can combine a certain degree of decisiveness while also maintaining a friendly, welcoming atmosphere on the server. I realize that an Admin is effectively an ambassador for the community as a whole and that performing the role in a calm, sensible and objective manner is a confidence-building measure. As an Admin I will maintain a high presence on the server. It goes without question that the most effective and fair way to deal with rulebreakers is to act on the infractions in real time - on the server. For that reason, I will try to act as 'standby' on calls as often as I possibly can.

In most casees, before any formal punishment is delivered a firm warning is in order. The length of the punishment that follows depends on the player's
punishment-history aswell as the severity of the infraction. An exception to this rule is hacking which warrants a permanent ban immedietly.

How I would intuitively stack punishments for typical infractions (insulting, FL, spam in voice/chat):

1. Warning
2. 8 hours
3. 24 hours
4. 4 days
5. 2 Weeks
6. Permanent

NOTE: I am more than happy to adjust this scaling above to ensure consistency with other staff members.

Endnote:

As you can see in my sessions I had a streak of inactivity during most of january. This was due to a combination of exams and other important things in my personal life. I am however pretty confident that I can prove myself active enough during the handling time of this app.

Thank you for your consideration!

I will be leaving my feedback below based on a bunch of factors:

Overall, the application itself is alright, there's been some effort put into it, but not too much which is kind of a turn off for me as it shows how much time someone is willing to invest on things, but we'll soldier on as it can be overlooked.

As for total playtime, I must say that, although it is not as long as other EU 2Fort applicants, I am not too concerned due to your previous experience as a gameserver admin on Panda and you'll eventually pump those numbers up when you start being more active on the server. The recent sessions are also quite scarce but they average a good 2 hours, which is more than enough in my opinion (as opposed to some people who may have a lot of recent sessions but only being around 10 minutes on average). As previously mentioned, I am not too concerned about this since it will all end up rising were you to become an admin, as well as it being due to exams.

The times you would be active work perfectly for me since, being pretty much the only admin on EU 2Fort, I am only active in the mornings during weekdays due to my classes' schedule being in the evening for the most part. This would allow for both of us to switch turns on taking calls over the week.

I like both your reasoning to why you are suitable for the position as well as what it means for you to be an administrator and how you would do your job, so I am more than willing to give you a shot at it. The punishment stacks, which I assume you have taken from when you were an admin, have changed. This can be fixed later down the line and your mentor will probably end up explaining them to you later on, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Finally, I will talk about your behaviour on the server and the community. From what I have seen you are pretty mature in how you handle things around, however, this doesn't mean you are also really friendly and easy-going. You are quite active on the forums, even if you don't make many threads, but I always see you chatting on the shoutbox so that's more than enough for me to prove my point. You are a well-known and respected member on Panda, and I believe you would make a great addition to the staff.

It will be a +1 from me

• Friendly
  • Disagree
Reactions: Bambi and Redspike
Apologies for the late close but I had to make sure nobody had anything else to say.

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let us know. Good luck ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread