Accepted Admin App (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraser BOT

Donator
I am resubmitting as I have the required hours at this point. You also require my Steam32 ID and that is what is on the app. If it isnt then I am missing something here. A prior reply said, this is your steam ID but again, you asked for the Steam32 ID.
Thanks in advance:

Your name and/or nickname: Eraser BOT / Andy Byars

- Your age: 52

- Who gave you permission to apply? : N/A

- Your Steam32 ID: STEAM_0:0:6037483

- Your general online times and your timezone: Usually during the week I will be on from 5:30pm to 9pm, with the exception of Wednesday as I will be offline earlier (wine night with my wife) Early on Saturday till about noon and most all day Sunday if there are no plans. My timezone is USA Central

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? : Dodgeball 24/7 USA

- Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report? : Yes once I am established and have a handle and understanding of your duties and needs.

- Do you have a microphone? : Yes and I use it as most in USA Dodgeball can attest J

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator : Years Ago with the original Quake servers but not on TF2

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod? : Unfortunately no, but I am very involved and capable with software and hardware. I build PC’s on the side as well as have developed software for my past company (JDE/Oracle) so learning should not be an issue.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team? : Good question and somewhat tuff to answer. Obviously I am an older gamer and that affords me maturity. With this comes the ability to monitor situations in a calming and mature way. We all see the issues with the rogue and unruly as well as asinine and insulting players. Some of us handle this differently. With both my age and my work history (Corporate Director) I have been successful in directing and leading people for years as well as also having fun. I take the fun part seriously and am mature enough to separate the two. So to answer your question, I am a mature older gamer you likes to have fun and will ensure the players enjoy the server as well.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments. : This is a toughie because you have to maintain equal standards here. You have to maintain order IE. Verbal, Slays, Bans and on the other hand you have to keep it enjoyable as to not run the players off. I guess it’s a case by case basis but steals would obviously begin in a verbal address and would continue to slays and small bans as necessary. Racism of any kind is simply not acceptable. It’s not acceptable in the real world and it’s not acceptable in the virtual world. Names, Call Outs etc. would be met relatively harshly. Regardless of this I would like to think of myself as somewhat lenient but firm. Hacks… Well to put it bluntly I LOATHE hackers of any kind, aimbot, wallhack, ping bots you name it. Sorry but IMMEDIATE and PERMANENT bans are the only result. All other issues really are on a case by case basis but I assure you I would ensure the best decision was made unless otherwise directed. Again, the object is to have fun, for the players to have fun and some policing will always be necessary even on the regular players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsumiki
As an active player that has played a great deal of time with Eraser bot, I beleive he would make an amazing addition to the Panda Staff. He's active and he's an extremely positive and outgoing person. He's friendly to new players and he understands the rules well. He gives plenty of verbal warnings without even being an admin to help clearl the rules for others. In my opinion he would easily become the best active admin for 24/7 Dodgeball. I really hope that my input increases the chance for his appliaction being accepted as trial.

Reactions: Eraser BOT
Reactions: Eraser BOT
Thank you for understanding that we need players to meet the required time before applying.

I would like to know more about your punishments for example how long you would punish for certain things such as spam, stealing in minutes. Also hacking is a permanent ban, but you will need evidence with a demo.

I've met you once on the server and you seem like a pretty cool guy. I cannot vote on you though as USA DB is not a server I am committed to and it would be rude for me to have a say with such short knowledge on you / my short experience with you.

Good luck on your application :)

• Friendly
Thanks for your questions Madact. I would have thought punishments are universal or a criteria is in effect to decide. I see this may not be the case and it seems that the punishments etc are on the admins decision at the time of occurrence.

I consider myself fair and firm and would offer multiple warnings on spam, stealing, insults etc. I use my mic 100% of the time and I feel these are better addressed verbally vs. in chat. Chat runs by so fast that players seem to miss the warnings etc. Once warned a few times then obviously the tools of discipline must be used, IE slays and or minor ban. Bans are determined by the severity. Blatant disregard to repeated warnings and after at least 3 slays would result in a minimum 1 hour, maybe more if the player is insulting etc. I think an hour or two for the normal player who just doesn't listen to the warnings and slays are adequate. If it continues or the player is habitual then 4 hours, 1 week or more if they just don't want to follow the rules. Racism is another animal and would not be tolerated. A warning, then mute / gag etc. Next issue is a ban for 24 hours and if it continues I would refer to a senior admin for their thoughts.
Hacks etc will always need supporting evidence as you will be in the hot seat to justify a permanent ban. The last thing I would ever want to do is end someones fun calling "Hacker". There truly are some very good players out there so spec'ing and a demo would be the process. I think I am good enough to ultimately spot the hacker but will need some additional training on positively identifying them but to your question, yes a demo would always be provided.
There are other issues such as arguing that the player has a right to do but if it becomes disruptive or insulting then mute / gag is in order and more if necessary. Hopefully I can get the player to calm down before it gets to this level. Ultimately I believe I can keep the player from getting to any of the above levels except for hacking and minimize the discipline as my goal would be to keep the server populated with players and allow them enough room to have fun without overstepping the rules...
I know there are a ton more areas that would require policing etc. and these I would address as they come up with help for senior admins etc.

Best Regards
Eraser BOT

PS, I know we only played a couple times but you are one of the best admins I have ever come across :) You keep the server fun and rolling along nicely. (I am not kissing @ss BTW)

I consider myself fair and firm and would offer multiple warnings on spam, stealing, insults etc. I use my mic 100% of the time and I feel these are better addressed verbally vs. in chat. Chat runs by so fast that players seem to miss the warnings etc.

I just want to give some opinion on this matter:
I personally can understand that you want to give the warnings in voice-chat, but you should also atleast give 1 warning in chat, too, because you can't guarantee that people have sound on. Also it could be that they hear worse or are deaf. So i would give atleast 1 warning in chat and voice-chat.

Much luck with your application! ::):

Also it could be that they hear worse or are deaf.

When you get slain, there is that chat spam thing telling you why you have been slain. With spam, you get a warning as well.

• Agree
When you get slain, there is that chat spam thing telling you why you have been slain. With spam, you get a warning as well.

So just warnings in voice-chat is enough, since the chat warning comes with the slay. Good to know, thanks for the info!

Your app seems great!

I haven't played in the last couple weeks since I'm on vacation, but from previous experiences with you on the server, you seem like a very fun and mature player who knows the rules and tells other players that they're breaking the rules.

I do remember one time you let your son play, but it wasn't for a long time (Around 5-10 minutes). I don't mind him playing on the server if it's going to be a short period of time, just as long as he doesn't break the rules.

We do go by different ban times. (First ban is 12 hours and just piles up; and gags/mutes are always 2 hours, unless they need a perm, which you have to ask a Gameserver Admin to do).

Last thing, you are a very fun player who interacts with others and brings the server joy. Though, you are very talkative (which means having friends or whatever) and some of your friends may break the rules. Don't be afraid to slay/gag/mute them if they break the rules. I know, you don't want your friend to be mad, but it's doing your job. It causes people to say something like, "adminname, getting all serious and strict now." <- I get that sometimes, but don't get bothered by it.

Anyways, I'd like to see Eraser on our team. Good luck!

• Friendly
Thanks Capri and these friends are in a virtual world so they just have to follow the rules. I'm older and have broad shoulders on these matters , it is what it is and they have to follow. Again though, the object is to have fun and let the folks have fun but they will all break the rules lol. Its at that time that the virtual friend will get upset but I think I can get a handle on it with them. I completely understand your point and appreciate it and also understand that this is work :)

Oh and I would slay / ban my son in a heartbeat if he broke the rules believe me.

Reactions: Tsumiki and Capri
Well I need to ask to remove this application. Some changes in my company are going to require me to travel again and in good faith I I don't want to you folks going through the motions here and then I am not available during the times stated in my app.
Thanks for the support but please remove this app for now. If this change I will re-apply.
Regards
Andy

Closed by request of the creator.

I've set the status of the application to declined due to you withdrawing your application.
Do note however that I'd like to put it on hold if you want to and have reason to believe you might apply 'soon' again. Let me know in a conversation.

Conversations can be created here.

Edit: the application is now on hold due to the applicant requesting it to be delaying until he has the time to go further with this application.

Last edited:
Opening this back up, user is back and is able to administrate. Feel free to discuss further.

I will admit, I was a bit suspicious of you in the beginning; but that has changed over the weeks that I've had the pleasure of enjoying your company on Panda.

You always enforce the rules, and you tell people exactly why they got in trouble using your handy dandy microphone. Granted, they may or may not listen, but the fact remains that you try your hardest to make sure everyone abides by the rules Panda has set in place; I respect that greatly.

I personally think that, now, you would make a wonderful addition to the USA DB team, and the overall Panda team in general.

+1 from me. c: Good luck, Eraser.

As Dio stated, he's always enforcing the rules of the server. He's like my second pair of eyes; he messages me the names of rule breakers, and asks me to watch over 'em. He also enforces the rules, when admins aren't available. When someone was spamming hack ads, he messaged me what happened, and from there, Asuna and I handled it.

He's a well-known, genuinely nice guy, too. If someone's making rude remarks towards another, he'll always step up and support the player, who's being attacked. He loves the community as well; I always hear him say it haha. Just the other day, he was encouraging players to join the forums, and to introduce themselves, because the community's nice. That's the first time I've seen a player do that, and I think it's nice.

I fully support Eraser, and would love for him to be a part of the team.
Good luck man!

• Agree
Reactions: Tsumiki and Madact
Heyyy Eraser BOT!

You're one of the nicest players on dodgeball and you do enforce the rules. You never said anything vulgar or used excessive profanity. It's good that you don't steal and break any sort of rules. You use your mic often and tell people what they're doing wrong. You try to help a lot of the new players that get on the server which is quite helpful.

You usually message me when I'm not on the server at the time about who's breaking what rules. But there's the /call command which you can use which will automatically notify the admins if one isn't available.

I'll give you a +1 on your app.

Best of luck to you Eraser BOT!

"DAAAAYYYUUUUMMM" -Eraser BOT

+1

...What? :kappa:
I'm hoping that I've played on USA DB recently to be able to make a proper statement about you now.
I do believe most is covered above, but you are someone that the server needs. You could be that person to create a balance of peacekeeping.
You do warn players, you pretty much let me know while you call it out.

With warnings though for you (if you do get admin) we'll have to get you some binds as you can't really give out a proper warning on the mircophone. I mean well you can warn on mic but since it's not recorded down on server side it can be seen as that you didn't but it wouldn't matter if you had binds you could just press 1 button and also give the warning verbally so long as you don't overdo it to spoil the mood but I'm sure you're capable enough to know about perfect balance.

I don't really like to point out for age, but you've been through life enough to know how people work. That's something that some of us can learn from as well. So you could really give something back to us extra with that :p

I look forward to playing with you again and again, you're a pleasure to be with.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Stabbin and Tsumiki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread