Add Votekick ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbOoOd

Hello everyone, how r u doin today ?

I've been thinking of not writing this thread for so long, thought that mayB some day will come when not a single player can break the rules .. thought mayB that day will come and never need to write this thread :D

Anyway, here's the issue ..
I usually connect at the morning -yes that's weird- :p , and mostly to VSH server ...
I play a lot, and every morning i enjoy playing in the servers until some kid or some sick player connects and ruins the game in one way or another ... delaying the game, teaming, spamming, or cheating ...
Honestly, I never wanted to bother u with such an issue, til yesterday when that player -named "Engineer"- connected and ruined the game with his aimbot, and no one could stop him ... i was the Hale and he was a Heavy, i was in the other corner of the map, way far from him. yet, he shot randomly -not even aiming- and get damage with every damn bullet he shot.
I contacted with admins but none of them was available, probably were sleeping at the morning :p

My point is, since the admins r eventually humans and need to sleep :p
I suggest to add Voteban or Votekick -or at least Voteslay- to some players who have high rank and usually connect at that time ... sometimes the server is full, and all of the 23 players r waiting some kid to end the round, and that really sux ..

I really hope u'll consider that ..

well, what about giving it to players u know u can trust them ...

Not supporting the idea. You say you play in the morning, so do I ever second week from 6:15 - 7:30 on the VSH.

It could be abused as Dixidio said, but as I said, it's not really necersarry in my opinion.

Last edited:
When it was first suggested that trusted players can be given a rank with the power to start votes, everyone was enthusiastic about it and supported it. What's happened to that?

The concept of a trusted player rank was once discussed, and also supported quite strongly. Something I still believe is viable, handpicked players with an elevated rank to vote.

When it was first suggested that trusted players can be given a rank with the power to start votes, everyone was enthusiastic about it and supported it. What's happened to that?
The thing that is talked about in this thread is adding votekick to all servers, giving access to it for everyone.
AbOoOd should've been more specific about who gets to access the votekick command.

Well, in some cases Votekick can be very useful. However, if there was a correct amount of staff on the time then we wouldn't really need it to be honest.

That's why we need Azimage, he has a different timezone ¯\/(^_^)\/¯

The concept of a trusted player rank was once discussed, and also supported quite strongly. Something I still believe is viable, handpicked players with an elevated rank to vote.
Moot system. Just recruit them as staff if you trust them so much. If someone can be responsible with the votekick command, then they are as responsible as they get. I have never seen it executed well.

The thing that is talked about in this thread is adding votekick to all servers, giving access to it for everyone.
AbOoOd should've been more specific about who gets to access the votekick command.

I suggest to add Voteban or Votekick -or at least Voteslay- to some players who have high rank and usually connect at that time ...

well, what about giving it to players u know u can trust them ...

I can't be more specific ... didn't mean to give access to eveyone .. only the trust worthy with a high rank ..

plus, come on guys, this isn't an actual Kick command, it's only a vote ... if someone started it without a reason, i don't think that the vote will succeed. I mean it's not like 10 players or more would accept to kick someone who doesn't deserve it.

annnnd, i think it's easy to track every Votekick used .. and question the one who used it, i mean if anything went wrong.

what about Voteslay ? never heard about it, but is it possible to make such thing ?

I disagree with this, votekick does not work correctly. I was votebanned of a server I was part of, they just said, no proof you're out of the clan, so yeah... not good.

a lot of friendlies r connected right now, no one can stop them ? :\

How about making a point system ? If someone connects and Hacks | spams | glitchs than he gets votekicked and gets one point ÷ gets banned for 15 minutes or something short like that , if he comes back and does the same things again he,ll get votekicked again + one point more + more time being banned . If he has collected something like 6,7,8 points by the time than we know its a hopeless case and we'll ban him permanently.

How about making a point system ? If someone connects and Hacks | spams | glitchs than he gets votekicked and gets one point ÷ gets banned for 15 minutes or something short like that , if he comes back and does the same things again he,ll get votekicked again + one point more + more time being banned . If he has collected something like 6,7,8 points by the time than we know its a hopeless case and we'll ban him permanent.
imagine if people do that to ban ppl out that they dont like ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread