Add !friendly command? (1 Viewer)

Do you want this plugin in some servers?

• YUS

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • nope.avi

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enriko^_^

Since Panda servers is filled with "tryhards" I was thinking it would be a good idea to put !friendly in some servers (like Mario kart and stuff like that)

depends which servers

Meh, maybe on Mario Kart IF the vast majority of players agree; definitely not anywhere else. In Hightower, some people want to party, some people want to fight. You can't force friendlying upon people. Someone is interrupting your party? Kill him and get on with your life.

Also, it can easily be abused. Say that I bind it to a key and when I am about to lose a fight I just press 'E' and my enemy can go fuck himself. I go grab a health pack or a resup, press my bind again and jump right back into the fight.

Reactions: Electrod
Meh, maybe on Mario Kart IF the vast majority of players agree; definitely not anywhere else. In Hightower, some people want to party, some people want to fight. You can't force friendlying upon people. Someone is interrupting your party? Kill him and get on with your life.

Also, it can easily be abused. Say that I bind it to a key and when I am about to lose a fight I just press 'E' and my enemy can go fuck himself. I go grab a health pack or a resup, press my bind again and jump right back into the fight.
i guess there is such a function which "blocks" that, dunno last time i used it was when we sponsored the bazaar tradeserver and thats a long time ago hehe

That's why it would be handy to have a link to the plugin so that I can see what it does and how it prevents those things. Enriko, if you want us to add a plugin, give us a link to it.

It doesn't say anything about preventing players to use it as they are about to lose. It should work so that if you have taken ANY damage this life, you can't activate it. Even so, it can still be used to become practically invisible and make it so they cannot be blocked so they can get out of spawn safely and get to somewhere behind enemies, then undo it and start killing.

Yea, the mod is great at not affecting the game while you are in friendly mode. But it seems like it sucks at stopping players from abusing the hell out of it.

When you do !friendly, it will apply the status the next time you spawn.

No friendly on dm_duel, please. It's bad enough when your team is pressured and half of it just does conga in the spawn room. I would like kicking idlers more, actually.

No friendly on dm_duel, please. It's bad enough when your team is pressured and half of it just does conga in the spawn room. I would like kicking idlers more, actually.
I have no idea for what we could use !friendly on Duel I think it is needed only on Higtower and Mario Cart

My take on this:
Friendly is a great plugin when your community comes towards you as owner and asks for it to be added. Friendly is a horrible plugin if it is added to satisfy a few people.

This should be dealt with carefully to see whether players actually want it or not. Forcing someone to play with friendlies when they don't want to is the kind of stuff that empties servers.

I have a feeling that TF2 will transform from a shooter into a dancing game in the next years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread