Declined Add back vsh_west_fix_d3 and arena_badlands to VSH (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea why these were removed from VSH, they're better maps than half the garbage on there like 2fortdesk and Hakurei shrine at the moment. Agree with the other map removals but these ones need to come back.

Just to be clear this is for VSH and not FF2 where they could be suitable maps. I'm not sure why the poll combined the two servers as if the game modes are identical when they're not. How many people in the poll were voting for VSH and how many for FF2?

West: Raised control point on the hill in the center makes it easier for hale to move around, makes a lot of goombas possible, there's plenty of sniper and engi hiding spots and telefrag opportunities. One of the better maps that is rarely played.

Badlands: Low ceiling makes it easier for hale to get onto the platforms where engis build as well as goomba people. Most of the action is on the rail cars and hale can rage to stun everyone on a single car. Map has plenty of areas to fight in.

If you compare this to other maps like 2fortdesk and military arena where there's literally nothing to do except murder hale because the map is so small, it's obvious these maps should be staying...

I guess vsh_west could be brought back since it wasn't too bad but not arena_badlands, it's just not suited for VSH, like most of the default arena maps.

Why not? Why is granary okay but badlands isn't?

How could badlands be changed to be suitable?
I never said that granary is okay. I'm assuming you're refering to my map removal thread where I didn't propose it for removal, only reason I didn't is because the map was going to receive a small update, so I felt like proposing it for removal at the time would cause some confusion.

The badlands map has numerous issues such as:

- It's too cramped in some areas, not very comfortable for hales.
- Skybox is pretty low in some areas, further crippling the hale and reducing his chance for winning.
- Lack of health & ammo packs. In fact there are zero healthpacks on the map, and there's a very small amount of ammo which also makes it harder to play the map as red.

If potentially more areas were opened up, skybox increased and more health & ammo added, it could maybe be suitable enough for VSH. In it's current state, it's just not.

I never said that granary is okay. I'm assuming you're refering to my map removal thread where I didn't propose it for removal, only reason I didn't is because the map was going to receive a small update, so I felt like proposing it for removal at the time would cause some confusion.

The badlands map has numerous issues such as:

- It's too cramped in some areas, not very comfortable for hales.
- Skybox is pretty low in some areas, further crippling the hale and reducing his chance for winning.
- Lack of health & ammo packs. In fact there are zero healthpacks on the map, and there's a very small amount of ammo which also makes it harder to play the map as red.

If potentially more areas were opened up, skybox increased and more health & ammo added, it could maybe be suitable enough for VSH. In it's current state, it's just not.
I disagree that a low skybox is an issue for hale. It actually makes it easier to get on top of the train carts because you can't get knocked around while in the air. However it does reduce the ability of soldiers.

Agree the map needs more health packs, though.

VSH and FF2 share the same map pool. That's what I was told by Kevin but it has been some time. I know that there is going to be an argument about that, but unless Kevin changes that we don't have control over that thus we treat FF2 / VSH map suggestions for both sides.

Maybe the removal has something to do with the request from FF2? @UberMedicFully ? Just throwing it out there. Unless there was a thread I've missed? A lot of suggestions got cleared recently.

I wouldn't like to see any of these maps come back changed or not.

Anyways @Madact it was a Thread to remove those maps.

Found it.

If we're for removing "bad" maps, can we PLEASE remove 2fortdesk when the server count is above 12 players? I have VERY rarely seen hale ever win on that map, it's just a slaughterfest because there's no closed areas and the map is TINY.

If we're for removing "bad" maps, can we PLEASE remove 2fortdesk when the server count is above 12 players? I have VERY rarely seen hale ever win on that map, it's just a slaughterfest because there's no closed areas and the map is TINY.
then you haven't played enough

• Clever
Reactions: blood3y
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread