about orange server. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Sve

i really like playing on panda orange server and i think for me and lots of players it would be great to have med kits spread around the map.
because as it stands right now snipers and scouts dominate the server due to the map design and would be really helpful to have med kit for other classes who can't reach the spawn.
rather than waiting for someone to pick medic or play engi.

• Agree
Reactions: Imulion
Sounds like a good idea to me. Doesn't really have any cons. added poll (closes 08.11.2018)

Reactions: Mr_Sve
Is it possible to get someone to do this? Or is there all ready a map created just for what you guys want?

Reactions: Imulion
I think there are ways to add health packs without having to edit the map would be useful for not having something different then then typical orange name (we had a test once which resulted in a huge player loss)

Can't be done with mapping, if we edit the map players will get a message saying "Your version of the map xyz differs from the server." and be unable to join. The only way I could think of would be a plugin spawning healthpacks at certain coordinates. @TBotV63 ?

Possible with a plugin. I'd need someone to figure out where to place what however. I'm not at my PC currently but I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Still possible @TBotV63 ?
If so I can pop this up :)

Oh sorry, completely forgot about this. Yeah this can be done and I have a working plugin ready. All I need now is someone to figure out where they want the health (I don't play orange). Maybe one of the mappers could do that?

The config file is a key-value file in the following format:
Code:
Config
{
    "entities" {
        "default example" // Some identifier, preferrably unique, used in verbose logs
        {
            "type"              "item_healthkit_full"   // Entity type
            "vecOrigin"         "0 0 0"                 // Center coordinates
            "angRotation"       "0 0 0"                 // Rotation angles
            "iTeamNum"          "0"                     // Team number
            "bAutoMaterialize"  "1"                     // Automatically regenerate some time after being picked up
        }
        "another one" {
            "type"              "item_healthkit_medium"
            "vecOrigin"         "1 3 2"
            "angRotation"       "4 5 6"
            "iTeamNum"          "2"
        }
    }
}
The "default example" entry shows the values that are used in the absence of a particular entry. The options presented correspond pretty much 1:1 with those on Hammer's properties dialog iirc. Pretty much any entity you can pick up should be supported. I have tested the following:

Code:
item_ammopack_small
item_ammopack_medium
item_ammopack_full
item_healthkit_small
item_healthkit_medium
item_healthkit_full
tf_spell_pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread