A rank above Gameserver Admin? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mertes

I have been thinking about this for a while now. Reason for me considering this is because it would indicate who has more permissions than others and would make it easier for people to see who is actually who here. A rank above that could easily be like Head Admin (like Evo was for a while, but the title/rank was not official there). People at this rank could be those who take care of the big responsibilities of the server such as posting announcements about new updates, taking big decisions such as voting in new staff members or removing a staff member and keeping everything in order. In my opinion overall this would just boost the organization of the ranks and give more permissions to the people who do deserve it.

Thank you!

Kevin and Inu thats it.

I have been thinking about this for a while now. Reason for me considering this is because it would indicate who has more permissions than others and would make it easier for people to see who is actually who here. A rank above that could easily be like Head Admin (like Evo was for a while, but the title/rank was not official there). People at this rank could be those who take care of the big responsibilities of the server such as posting announcements about new updates, taking big decisions such as voting in new staff members or removing a staff member and keeping everything in order. In my opinion overall this would just boost the organization of the ranks and give more permissions to the people who do deserve it.

Thank you!
i agree with you that there is a heavily need of an head admin here.
i hope we find someone who could do it so that we maybe gain some players/admins back who left because the of the lack of an head admin and also due several problems with me.
i will now look to fix everything that is open for months in the next 1-2 days so that you guys dont get more angry than you already are, i am very sorry for the long delays on every shit that someone requested/asked me to change.
things must be improved now asap and i will look forward to do it as quick as possible before more people leave cause of my mistakes/slow responses.

just wanted to post that here since i dont feel very well about the current situation that is going on here..

Hey, Kevin, I don't think anyone is angry with you I just think we are in need of more improvements. If we would be mad we probably wouldn't even be here anymore. Anyways, I hope it's gonna do you well to do all these improvements, seems like you've wanted this for a while. Good luck, Kevin! Also, the head admin dealio could be fixed pretty easily. @EvoWarrior5 stated that he would be more than willing to actually help anyone who is put as head admin (please state here if I am wrong, Evo) so I am pretty sure that could be fixed pretty easily.

Maybe we don't need just 1 head admin, but maybe a group of admins (senior admin team or some crappy name like that) to deal with all the issues Evo did. Evo did a brilliant job of handling it all on his own, but I don't think many of the members here will be willing to do that amount of work for free. So maybe if certain members were delegated to certain jobs, ie. two members are in charge of keeping an eye on admins and their activity, another 2 are in charge of applications (maybe one?) and so on.

That would let the stress of being in charge be placed across multiple admins rather than being on the shoulders of on chap/chappet.

#lukasforheadadmin

Maybe we don't need just 1 head admin, but maybe a group of admins (senior admin team or some crappy name like that) to deal with all the issues Evo did. Evo did a brilliant job of handling it all on his own, but I don't think many of the members here will be willing to do that amount of work for free. So maybe if certain members were delegated to certain jobs, ie. two members are in charge of keeping an eye on admins and their activity, another 2 are in charge of applications (maybe one?) and so on.

That would let the stress of being in charge be placed across multiple admins rather than being on the shoulders of on chap/chappet.

#lukasforheadadmin
Giving too much power to too many people leads to a monopoly. The heads will watch over the admins but who will watch over the heads? Kevin alone can not possibly keep record of so many people, which would cause head admins to be completely free to do whatever they wish, hence a monopoly.

Additionally head admins won't fix anything. What this place needs is someone who is quick, has backend access and access to the entire code repo as @Kevin won't keep his promised speed up for long, and I am sure he knows that he can not.

TL;DR: Get a co-owner, not a head admin.

Or get a Co-Owner and some head admins, because I agree with Mermite to a 100%, and that's basically what I meant that we should have. If we have a co-owner, both Kevin and the co-owner can watch over what the head admins do and your issue is solved, Inu! :D

Or get a Co-Owner and some head admins, because I agree with Mermite to a 100%, and that's basically what I meant that we should have. If we have a co-owner, both Kevin and the co-owner can watch over what the head admins do and your issue is solved, Inu! :D
This is not going to solve anything since the co-owner will also be too busy watching over said head admins hence a "1 head admin system" is perfect. The last thing this community needs is more dis-organization at its top than it already has.

To bring up another issue: Who here is qualified to be a co-owner? Give me a list of names and I will tell you why they are not qualified.

The most realistic way to solve all of this would be for Kevin to step it up and start caring about Panda again.

Reactions: Joe
step it up and start caring about Panda again.
Isn't he already doing that? I might be wrong, apologies for being an ignorant dipshit.

This is not going to solve anything since the co-owner will also be too busy watching over said head admins hence a "1 head admin system" is perfect. The last thing this community needs is more dis-organization at its top than it already has.

To bring up another issue: Who here is qualified to be a co-owner? Give me a list of names and I will tell you why they are not qualified.

The most realistic way to solve all of this would be for Kevin to step it up and start caring about Panda again.
thats what i do now again, as i said i will look forward to fix the open stuff from several months in the next 1-2 days and when thats ticked off i will start on the head admin/"co-owner" part or maybe both at the same time i'll see

So yeah, Kevin's got most of the stuff covered and as you know, Kevin, most of the people are around and it's just to ask us if you need us.

Honestly it sounds like there is no solution for head admin/ co owner

• Disagree
Reactions: Lukas
@Joe, of course it is! There is a solution to everything (except for Pi), and I am most certainly sure that some great Gameserver Admin does deserve co-owner, maybe someone Kevin is a close friend to? I think Inu is overestimating the situation as it can be easily fixed.

@Joe, of course it is! There is a solution to everything (except for Pi), and I am most certainly sure that some great Gameserver Admin does deserve co-owner, maybe someone Kevin is a close friend to? I think Inu is overestimating the situation as it can be easily fixed.
If you owned a community, would you easily trust an admin with full access to the backend and the code-repo, meaning he could destroy everything you have built in less than 20 seconds? A simple CHMOD would wreck the entire system.

• Informative
Reactions: Lukas
If the person I am putting in charge is an actual good friend of mine, yes.

If the person I am putting in charge is an actual good friend of mine, yes.
I think the person who comes closest to that is myself since Kevin and me live like two hours apart and could sue eachother if one were to sabotage anything.

Then you should probably get in contact with him and see if you could co-own this and still be the owner of your own. :p

Then you should probably get in contact with him and see if you could co-own this and still be the owner of your own. :p
No thanks. Compared to many many others here I am not hot for the ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread