A Minecraft Panda Tournament? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mertes

Greetings, pandas.

I am here today to ask a very interesting and amazing question. First of all, I'd like you to put your answer to the poll before reading, thank you!

So, to get started, I'd like to point out that this is for fun and fun only, will be rewards but they might not be that great, but it might change. What I know is that the price is currently completely okay. Now, let me just tell you what this is about.

So, I am thinking about creating a Minecraft UHC Tournament for Panda users. Now, some questions might come up, why Minecraft, what is UHC? First off, I am picking Minecraft because it is the best styled for this gamemode and TF2 would not be able to have this... at all. Now, what is UHC? UHC is a gamemode for Minecraft which puts in, preferably, 24 players in a relatively big world. Now, instead of having it hunger games styled, you get spawned in different locations. Your goal is to gather as many resources as possible, now I suggest right away that you try to grab as many apples as you can. There is a few twists with this gamemode, first: regen health is off, unless you eat an golden apple which you create with 8 gold and one apple, two: when you kill a player, you will acquire a head, with the head you can create a golden head, which is like an enchanted golden apple (pretty powerful and regens your health quickly). I will go into FULL detail when I know this tournament will be happening.

Now, you might think "But hey, I am new on Minecraft, I don't know much of it neither have I played it", don't worry! The tournament will probably take a long time to start, meaning you have time to read about Minecraft and UHC in general, also practice in game. I will make sure that everyone at least knows these things: get wood, mine, get upgraded pickaxes, look for gold, diamonds and win the friggin tournament!

Last but not least, the biggest fault of it all: Minecraft costs, and everyone might not possess the game. You may not even like it. That's where the bad news comes in, I don't really have any spare accounts that I could borrow out, and I would not accept people giving free borrowing accounts to people, not stating why. So, that is why, if you are still interested, you are free to watch the gamemode as I am going to try to setup some kind of twitch stream (we could use kebin's maybe if he likes this idea) and you could be able to watch! If there will not be too many watchers, the twitch dealio might not happen. So, that's basically that.

Now, I want to know how many people are willing to participate in this event? I'd also like to add that the fee to get in is a rec, since that would make 8 ref in total to the winner(s). I hope 1 rec is not a lot ;_;

I'd also like to mention that @Skiffa will be helping me a lot by actually holding the Minecraft server (if this will happen) and as well help with the prices.

Feedback is also much appreciated.

As far as I used to be a veteran at such MC minigames I think I won't join the tournament.
A little improvement that might help a lot is a thunder GPS. After most of the players are killed there will be a harmless thunder shot at every player alive making it easier to track enemies hiding underground.
Another thing that might be useful is a TNT limit so there won't be any lag spikes. For example every player can place only 4 TNTs at the same time.
A thing that might be useful too are supply drops. Those contain non-enchanted tools with the highest tier of 3, food(mostly raw), building supplies and crafting materials. The supply drops can be a huge help for the less skiled contestants.
Lastly pressure plates can be changed into land mines so it will be easier to protect your base.

That's a lot of features. I am mostly looking for casual survival UHC, just with the twists that a border is closing in so players are forced into the middle. Otherwise, some of the ideas sound good. Btw, doesn't matter if you're too good on MC, you could still participate. :D

I know it does not matter but i just have seen enough of it's air for at least few years.

Deleted my email and forgot my password, so my mine craft account is basically gone.

Greetings, pandas.

I am here today to ask a very interesting and amazing question. First of all, I'd like you to put your answer to the poll before reading, thank you!

So, to get started, I'd like to point out that this is for fun and fun only, will be rewards but they might not be that great, but it might change. What I know is that the price is currently completely okay. Now, let me just tell you what this is about.

So, I am thinking about creating a Minecraft UHC Tournament for Panda users. Now, some questions might come up, why Minecraft, what is UHC? First off, I am picking Minecraft because it is the best styled for this gamemode and TF2 would not be able to have this... at all. Now, what is UHC? UHC is a gamemode for Minecraft which puts in, preferably, 24 players in a relatively big world. Now, instead of having it hunger games styled, you get spawned in different locations. Your goal is to gather as many resources as possible, now I suggest right away that you try to grab as many apples as you can. There is a few twists with this gamemode, first: regen health is off, unless you eat an golden apple which you create with 8 gold and one apple, two: when you kill a player, you will acquire a head, with the head you can create a golden head, which is like an enchanted golden apple (pretty powerful and regens your health quickly). I will go into FULL detail when I know this tournament will be happening.

Now, you might think "But hey, I am new on Minecraft, I don't know much of it neither have I played it", don't worry! The tournament will probably take a long time to start, meaning you have time to read about Minecraft and UHC in general, also practice in game. I will make sure that everyone at least knows these things: get wood, mine, get upgraded pickaxes, look for gold, diamonds and win the friggin tournament!

Last but not least, the biggest fault of it all: Minecraft costs, and everyone might not possess the game. You may not even like it. That's where the bad news comes in, I don't really have any spare accounts that I could borrow out, and I would not accept people giving free borrowing accounts to people, not stating why. So, that is why, if you are still interested, you are free to watch the gamemode as I am going to try to setup some kind of twitch stream (we could use kebin's maybe if he likes this idea) and you could be able to watch! If there will not be too many watchers, the twitch dealio might not happen. So, that's basically that.

Now, I want to know how many people are willing to participate in this event? I'd also like to add that the fee to get in is a rec, since that would make 8 ref in total to the winner(s). I hope 1 rec is not a lot ;_;

I'd also like to mention that @Skiffa will be helping me a lot by actually holding the Minecraft server (if this will happen) and as well help with the prices.

Feedback is also much appreciated.
incase this will happen the server will be hosted directly on panda and not on some random pc

i have no minecraft account so that solves the problem for me =/

I also don't have minecraft and am, honestly, not interested in buying it :I

I would join, but I quited playing TF2, so no rec ^^ (If I would win, I'll make a giveaway)

@Zeprus, it's a tournament! I was thinking this could become a thing, Season 1, Season 2 etc. But, I am not so sure if enough players actually can make it, so it might not happen.

how about no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread