Declined #04 Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

♥Chaz♥

-Username
Chaz

-Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:1:107037354

-Your age

-Current playtime on relevant server(s)
78 Hours.

-Link to your Sourcebans record

-Server to are applying for
Panda Community #04 TFDB.

-General online times & time zone
I am usually online whenever I have the time, which usually ranges from 4PM-9PM. I am from the UK, so my time zones are GMT+0, and BST (GMT+1)

-Do you have a working microphone?
Yes, I have a high quality working microphone to capture my voice without any issues.

-Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
None (In TF2). I have position as moderator in many discord servers however, and are given generally a positive attitude towards.

-What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?

I have been playing #04 for roughly over a year now, I have gotten used to not only playing, but have also gotten used to the general active community around the server and have established a positive relationship to most of the players here. In terms of punishments towards rule breakers. If a player is to steal a rocket and/or block another player, I will use the slap command, and display an on screen message to the player notifying them of what rule they broke, and what to do next. If the player does not comply after a maximum of 2 steals/ blocks, then I will slay the player a maximum of 2 times, before handing out a ban (Dependant of how many times they have been banned before).

My preferred ban scheme is,

1st Ban: 720 Minutes (12 Hours).
2nd Ban: 2160 Minutes (36 Hours).
3rd Ban: 10080 Minutes (7 Days).
4th Ban: 44640 (31 Days).

Final ban, which ofcourse if the player continues to rule-break after all 4 bans, will be permanent (Set to 999999, and forwarded to a Gameserver Admin to give a true permanent ban).
I think I will make a good admin on #04. I enjoy TFDB very much, and I have made friends with the active community here.

Last thing to note is, I will be entering college here in the UK in September, leading to potential (but minimum) inactivity. I will still likely have plenty of time to play and administrate the server without a doubt. I will also let the TFDB admin team know If I have any upcoming exams, with their exact dates and times to let them know about specific moments of inactivity, and not cause confusion about any inactivity.

That's really all, I hope I can become an admin here, and make the server generally a lot better. Cheers!

Hello Chaz, Its nice to see you applying. I will keep this short. first of all our punishment system is by default 5 punishments before the final 6th perma punishment. Your application looks fine.
Your chatlogs has gotten better since we talked about it last, You are friendly towards others and enforce the rules when someone break them which is good.
I would like to see some more Player Reports as well as calls from you though. I will stay Neutral for now.

Hello Chaz, it's time for me to write my answer since I made my decision now.

I want you to understand that I'm grateful to you for your application, you want to help db community to grow and that's a good point.

However, I have a problem with your behaviour. You sure report players on our forum, enforce the rules when you're online but I think it's not the time for you to become an admin yet.
You are, in my opinion not mature enough to really be fair with your decisions,
I can remind you the time where you got mad at players because they where playing with the tf2 anniversary sounds and its ball,
that's something only happening during a VERY short time of the year.
You overreacted in my opinion, we can't trust you an admin position if you're not ready to make calm decision, even if you're annoyed by the entire server.

Also, I already talked with you about spamming and stuff, like the time when some players where spamming voicechat and you didn't stop them, you
spammed the same thing. (You have a past with spam on DR, I didn't take this in my decision since you grew in our db community)

You are still pretty young, I'm sure you will improve in the future, but to me, it's not the time for you to be an admin yet.
That's why I'll set my vote to -1 but I hope it will not scare you from db, I just want you to improve, take your time, learn from your mistakes, players and admin.

If you have any questions at anytime, feel free to contact me, that's not a problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread