Make reverse spawncamping against the rules (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunDwarf

Banned
Donator
Reverse spawncamping -> Standing near/at your spawn shooting outwards, typically as a heavy medic combo. This makes them nearly unkillable, and the only way to kill them is spawncamping, which is actually against the rules.

Mainly applies to hightower, especially with annoying as fuck natascha heavies who shoot out from spawn with their cunty quick-fix medics and slowly whittle down anybody who dares to go the east side of the tower.

Just... leave them? And they will probably get tired of staying inside their spawn.

Just... leave them? And they will probably get tired of staying inside their spawn.
They're not inside the spawn itself. They're standing in the corridor outside. This bit below.
53F016338E1FAEFE00723A222C1B74BF404F2C35.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Kah
Why should this be forbidden again? Maybe it's a bit lame but I see no reason why it should be made a rule.

If you have to spawncamp for a bit to kill them, go right ahead. The rules speak out against excessive spawn camping as far as I recall. If you have a reason to do it for a minute (needing to kill that combo) then go right ahead.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayy
Why should this be forbidden again? Maybe it's a bit lame but I see no reason why it should be made a rule.

If you have to spawncamp for a bit to kill them, go right ahead. The rules speak out against excessive spawn camping as far as I recall. If you have a reason to do it for a minute (needing to kill that combo) then go right ahead.
Because then they immediately come back out of spawn, and you get done in by an admin for repeatedly spawncamping.

I already discussed this with Blank in game and like Evo said I see no reason to make this a rule

Remove the fucking vaccinator. If I see another vac'd sniper killing everyone and never dying again I am going to ban myself.

• Funny
Reactions: Rechow
Instead of removing heavy can't we just remove all his primary weapons? A lot of just like to roam with Sandviches... And about the Vaccinator please don't do that I saw one guy with a Collector's Pro Ks Strange Vac It would be so bad if he can't use it anymore c:

First things, removal of heavy is a bit more extreme than what I was going for, but since it seems like a better solution than trying to enforce a anti reverse spawncamping rule. Tis a shame, stomping as heavy plus my faithful pocket medics would be gone.

The vaccinator isn't a bad or unfun weapon in design, because it simply forces you to not work solo and to work as a team. In the hands of a good medic and good pocket, it can stomp really easily, more easily than any of the other mediguns. The only real downside to it is the lack of an actually good uber. But, like you said, you do see some situations where it is annoying as shit. Anybody who vacc pockets a sniper should be shot, preferably with a crit rocket, because that's just cunty. But that alone shouldn't be just a reason to remove it. I know said person with the collector's strange pro ks, and being one of his choice pockets, I know just how powerful it is. But both me and medic are still killable. There's always melee. Meleeing an enemy sniper is easy, because most of the pro MLG snipers don't know how to not use the sniper rifle. If the medic has any sense too, he will switch and start shooting you, at which point you get your point blnk damage in to kill them easily.

Also, Falcon, the server is hightower. People who piss around with sandviches or shit like that will just get killed anyway. Banning the whole class will both lead to more and less salty tears as 'friendlies' don't get killed anymore, but they can't switch to their favourite friendly class.

I'm against banning heavy entirely. Banning the vaccinator also seems excessive.

Just because a few people can do annoying stuff with it doesn't mean it has to be banned. Sentries were removed because Hightower has no objective anyways so they are basically too cunt-ish. I don't feel like this would apply to Heavy though.

Reactions: Chillix
Instead of removing heavy can't we just remove all his primary weapons? A lot of just like to roam with Sandviches... And about the Vaccinator please don't do that I saw one guy with a Collector's Pro Ks Strange Vac It would be so bad if he can't use it anymore c:
Yeah, I think I've seen that guy around. He's pretty good. I think he also had a strange filter on his Vaccinator too.

Remove the fucking vaccinator. If I see another vac'd sniper killing everyone and never dying again I am going to ban myself.
:‏)

one guy against like a ton that dislike it.
I heard that one guy has practiced with the Vaccinator for a very long time. Maybe he's actually good with it after all that practice.

~~~~

I feel like the best way to deal with this fabled "reverse spawncamping" is to lighten up on spawncamping (which shouldn't even be a problem since there are these neat things called additional spawn exits).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SunDwarf
No, no and no. If we're going to ban every lame and unfair move or tactic that isn't completely gamebreaking, we might just close the pvp servers and go mvm. TF2 is supposed to get lame and unfair from time to time. Strengths and weaknesses of all sorts are there exactly to be exploited. You don't like the way it's being used? Well, tough, sucks to be you, but it's that sort of game.

TF2 is supposed to get lame and unfair from time to time. Strengths and weaknesses of all sorts are there exactly to be exploited. You don't like the way it's being used? Well, tough, sucks to be you, but it's that sort of game.

Tf2 is definitely not supposed to be "lame and unfair" from time to time. If we take random crits and spread out of the equation due to them being flawed game mechanics, there is a counter to pretty much everything. A game like that has to try very hard to be unfair and lame, but that's not the point here at all. It's not tf2 that is lame and/or unfair it's the flawed map design in combination with a game mode that's not even supposed to exist in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Zeprus
it's the flawed map design in combination with a game mode that's not even supposed to exist in the first place.
So the obvious solution is to fix the map if it's flawed, not to restrict people to play it the way they want. Authority should only be used in critical situations, when there's a FUCKING HUGE issue and there's absolutely no way around it, so you either do this or die (in our case, "die" means "have your server abandoned").

• Agree
Reactions: Kittylicious
So the obvious solution is to fix the map if it's flawed, not to restrict people to play it the way they want. Authority should only be used in critical situations, when there's a FUCKING HUGE issue and there's absolutely no way around it, so you either do this or die (in our case, "die" means "have your server abandoned").
Fixing the map is impossible. The only way to "fix" the issue described here would be to allow the other team to go inside your spawn, which is not really an option for obvious reasons.

Fixing the map is impossible. The only way to "fix" the issue described here would be to allow the other team to go inside your spawn, which is not really an option for obvious reasons.
Therefore, I conclude that unless it's a FUCKING HUGE issue, we should leave it as it is.

Therefore, I conclude that unless it's a FUCKING HUGE issue, we should leave it as it is.
We shouldn't, as it is indeed an issue that needs to be looked at. Instead of banning weapons and/or classes one could do the logical thing and ban the action itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread