Declined (Discussion) Should last day warday be extended from 2 minutes left to 3(+) minutes left until map change? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwyko

Was going to push a suggestion that last day warday (LDWD) should go straight up from 2 to 3 minutes. Reason for this was because I've seen people complain with 40, 30, or even 10 seconds left until the 2 minute mark *cough* Lilspaceman *cough*. So the obvious solution would be to just extend the time until 3 minutes. But then that might just loop back to the same problem again, in which case it could be 3:40 or some stuff that LDWD could be happening and then it repeats. Hence here I am contemplating it

What I really do not like seeing is that there could be 2 people in voice arguing over whether or not LDWD should occur until eventually, a normal round happens, albeit in a more disgruntled mood. I think a 2-minute cutoff is solid but I don't see why it can't be around the 3-minute mark because I'm pretty sure you can't achieve another round in quick succession only for map change to occur. I think this is supplemented by the fact a map vote(unless it is voted to be extended) is a clear indicator that a map change is going to occur soon. I want to assume that this was a lingering suggestion based of the original poll for LDWD as suggested by Nergal but in turn it's also hard to have a 2-minute round.

I don't mind warday, in fact maybe I am biased that I like it to some degree. I think it's just that LDWD created a bit of a toxic interaction between players. Examples being...

For the person that overrides LDWD with LR, they could be berated on for ruining it.
Blus kind of rush the round for LDWD to occur
People delaying for LDWD not to occur, intentional or not
People who have no idea LDWD is a thing(in which case they would have to go over the rules or even wonder why they are on blu in the first place)
and then, again, just people arguing about LDWD whether or not it's supposed to occur, location, etc.

Of course, this is entirely up to the warden's decision in "the last round" but it just tunnels to the same ending for every almost-to-map-change. I think LDWD really showcases who likes warday and who doesn't. Maybe it was better off not to have LDWD to never be pushed. What do y'all think?

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: _Black and Mehgend
There is unfortunately no easy solution to this problem. You could extend the time left required to 3 minutes but then people will start complaining if the round starts at 3:10 and start complaining "we need it at 4 minutes!", we decide to extend it to four minutes and people complain when it hits 4:10 and we extend it to 5 minutes and you get the idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Mehgend
There is unfortunately no easy solution to this problem. You could extend the time left required to 3 minutes but then people will start complaining if the round starts at 3:10 and start complaining "we need it at 4 minutes!", we decide to extend it to four minutes and people complain when it hits 4:10 and we extend it to 5 minutes and you get the idea.

Reason for this was because I've seen people complain with 40, 30, or even 10 seconds left until the 2 minute mark *cough* Lilspaceman *cough*. So the obvious solution would be to just extend the time until 3 minutes. But then that might just loop back to the same problem again, in which case it could be 3:40 or some stuff that LDWD could be happening and then it repeats. Hence here I am contemplating it
Yeah thats... exactly what I mentioned in the beginning. I suppose if it was never in the game in the first place we wouldn't have this problem but here we are.

The main problem that I see is that warday usually lasts longer than 2 minutes even with the worst blue teams, but it’s certainly conceivable that war day could be shorter than 3 minutes. If so this means that last day war day might not actually be the last day which is kind of an issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Mehgend
This is just a very nit picky problem as Denzel stated,the other day I was not allowed to do war day because the round started at 2:25 the admin said I can’t do war day I just feel it’s too nit picky and an alternative would be if the round starts around 2:15 2:45 then let the people do war day @Nergal Nergalton im still mad at you

• Disagree
Reactions: _Black
I've seen people complain with 40, 30, or even 10 seconds left until the 2 minute mark
Yeah, I get it. People will complain. But no matter how much we increase it by people will always complain about not being able to do last day Warday because there's 50 more seconds left on the clock. This doesn't need changing

• Agree
With the implementation of the rule, I've felt like we have hit a sweet spot with 2 minutes remaining.
It's a nice option to finish out a map that is almost over anyways, so I feel no change is needed.

• Agree
Honestly I'm more inclined to just wanting to remove LDWD but if people insist 🤷

Declining due to poll results

Screenshot (1599).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread