Not open for further replies.

Thalassius

Name of your Banned Steam Account: Xyz
Steam ID 32: STEAM_0:1:236224369
Date and Time of the Ban: 2023-02-06 03:00:15
Reason about the Ban: [StAC] Banned for pSilent after 10 detections
Admin that Banned you: CONSOLE
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:

I do not use 3rd party software while playing TF2. I have my scroll wheel bound to +jump in both directions. I wasn't aware that this would trigger whatever "pSilent" is. I understand this was an automated ban, and would prefer to not be banned because of my scroll wheel being bound to jump. If that is against the rules, my apologies. I do not want to have a ban for something I am not (cheater).

Update:
I asked around and was told that sending commands on lost packets could have triggered the anti cheat software you use on your servers. Given that scroll wheel sends +jump many times per scroll, I can only assume that I accidentally sent a command on a lost packet 10 times over the course of an hour or 2 on your Deathrun server. It's especially probable considering that the server I was connected to made me have a latency of 130ms. If I were actually cheating, I can only assume I would have been banned much quicker than how long it took, considering actual cheat engines abuse lost packets extremely consistently.

Given that scroll wheel sends +jump many times per scroll, I can only assume that I accidentally sent a command on a lost packet 10 times over the course of an hour or 2 on your Deathrun server.
That's not what pSilent is or how it gets detected. No idea where you got that from.

I checked the anticheat logs and it appears to be a false positive.
Weird angles, high ping and high packet choke.

Unbanned and accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread