Accepted Vi's Admin Application. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

violet

Name: Violet
Nationality: British

I've been a loyal player for quite some time now, it's been a year since I first joined server 10, hightower TDM. With my main account, I've spent almost 24 days on that server alone, with nearly 800 connects in total. (I've got almost a day on the surf server and possibly a little more than that on the jump and MGE servers). I have 2 days on my alt account on the TDM server and around 3 days on the surf server as well.

I've donated in the past as well, and most likely will be donating more than last time soon.

I'm always the person on the server that will attempt to fix an issue with a player first, as I wish to maintain the high standards, and if I can't reason with a person to stop micspamming/cheating/glitching/spawncamping, I will then call an admin, and I have always felt that maybe cutting out the middleman for me would be a good idea and that is why I feel as though I would make an excellent addition to the admin team

I'm also an admin at the currently inactive Gr33nservers, which has 2 jump servers and an MGE server, with a surf server on the way, and I formerly ran a GMod server and a 2fort_classic server with a friend. All of these were/are fairly big so I am more than capable of being an admin in any situation.

I actually am currently doing an apprenticeship in networking, hardware engineering and software development, but thanks to the networking aspect I am required to answer phone calls from people and help them out, so I am very accustomed to speaking to people that either need help, or have an issue with a player or something similar, so it wouldn't be an issue for me to use a mic to sort out an issue.

I hold a very deep respect for the admins, (esp Evo xo) and I would absolutely love to be a part of the team.
Thanks for reading.

is this a bad thing

Actually yes. What is your steam ID? how about policies? When you are online?

I've donated in the past as well, and most likely will be donating more than last time soon.

We dont do anything with this information.

We are played a few times at the same time in same server. And you've talked in Voicechat. I have to say. You dont sound mature enough. So -1 for this app and your "jokes" in voicechat.

It is? Why would that be?
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:36571672
I live on GMT + 1 so on that timezone it'd be more or less 18:00 until 02:00 most nights and more or less all night on weekends.

Those would be the same as the other servers I admin, I'd judge micspam as people either screaming incessantly on mic or music/clips being played through the voicechat, and would give a person 2-3 warnings before issuing a mute, and obviously would personally spec hackers myself.

Okay. Sorry.

Today was the first time I've ever seen you, but if you think you've seen me before then okay. Which servers? Only server 10?

Oh, and voicechat? Are you certain that was me? I had voice_enable 0 more or less all day and certainly throughout the time you were in the server and it's a very rare event for me to use my mic to talk to people to begin with.
I'm aware that I said a couple of things about that scout guy on text but I think in fairness, even you were repeatedly calling him a tryhard when you were sandwich heavy/rabbit scout and whatnot as well.

And I don't mean to be rude but I think possibly judging my behavior at 2am isn't the best way to go. I feel like I am far more mature and level-headed usually than maybe you saw me at. I guess I have shown myself in a slightly less appealing light regardless, though.

Thanks for your comments, appreciate it.
(sorry I don't really know how to do that fancy quoting stuff).

Those would be the same as the other servers I admin, I'd judge micspam as people either screaming incessantly on mic or music/clips being played through the voicechat, and would give a person 2-3 warnings before issuing a mute, and obviously would personally spec hackers myself.

this doesnt give enough information for us....... https://www.panda-community.com/threads/how-to-application-read-before-posting.1564/ <- Did u read this?

Oh, and voicechat? Are you certain that was me? I had voice_enable 0 more or less all day and certainly throughout the time you were in the server and it's a very rare event for me to use my mic to talk to people to begin with.
I'm aware that I said a couple of things about that scout guy on text but I think in fairness, even you were repeatedly calling him a tryhard when you were sandwich heavy/rabbit scout and whatnot as well.

Hmm, maybe it was other, who was talking?. there were so many speakers. My bad :p

I did but I think maybe I did rush this thing as I wanted to get to bed and I'd been putting off making it for a while, hm. Probably not my best decision ever.
Ah, apologies. My brain just thought "well I'd better not just copy that" as the way I'd act/deal with things as an admin for is the way that's detailed there, as that's how I've always seen people being dealt with and it's definitely the way that's most effective and is all I've done on the other servers I admin.
However,I'd always be careful to ask people to stop doing whatever rule-breaking thing that they might be doing, before acting upon it, but it'd definitely have to be half an hour gags/mutes for micspammers or people that are just flat out rude, definitely. If that doesn't work then I'd maybe bump it up to a full day rather than another extra amount of time muted because obviously if they're offending after a second time then they're probably not going to learn and should have a day of no speech to see if that helps, and then probably a week long mute after which point it'd be pointless not to make it a perma mute.
I'm really intolerant with incessant spawncampers as no one really enjoys being camped the moment they open the spawn doors and I'd personally single out the people that are responsible for the camping and slay them, and politely ask them to stop. If that doesn't work then I'd have to kick them.
Same for hackers or cheaters, if I find them then I'd have to perma-ban them as soon as I identified them as somebody not really playing by the rules.
Do you need anymore? 'Cause I'm happy to add more on to that.

Aah, okay! Glad that was cleared up, I didn't think I had spoken on voice and definitely not made "jokes" like that, doesn't sound like me considering how seriously I take the rules. People honestly ask me if I'm an admin occasionally because I ask people to abide by the rules so much, heh.
Haha, yeah, there was a lot of people speaking which is why I disabled voice chat to begin with, but that was really early on. Was a bit too much for my brain at one time, not to mention the loudness of some of the people speaking. :p

Definitely not a bad thing. I'm pretty much the only Brit here, so it's good to have another.

Definitely not a bad thing. I'm pretty much the only Brit here, so it's good to have another.

Aaahhh okay, that's cool. I was actually under the impression that there was a couple of British admins, but yeah.

Here comes something nobody will never hear uttered from my postbit again:
I like this application and will give you an arbitrary +1

• Friendly
Reactions: stalker455655
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread