Invalid USA DodgeBall Application! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name/Nickname: "Alvin's Hot Juice Box"(username), "Munchsnax", or Rhett (actual name)

Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:0:42977689

Online Times and timezone: I play TF2 any chance I get, usually after school around 5-10. Now that it's summer vacation, I'm basically on all day; I just take a few breaks now and then.

Do you have a Microphone?: Yeah, I have a mic. To give a percentage, I prolly use it about 70% of the time.

Previous experience in Admin/Mod: I haven't been an admin yet on Steam, due to the lack of response I received from the recipient of my e-mail, but I have been a moderator on Minecraft. And believe me, it gets crazy on there.

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?: Mostly on USA Dodgeball. (currently on spectate 'cause I need to type this up) My friend introduced me to it a while ago. I will definitely surf the other Panda servers, I just haven't found them. (entering IP address only leads me to one server).

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: No, I'm not familiar with SourceMod. if it's a skill I need to learn, I'll be non-reluctant to learn it!

Why should we choose you?: I'm on TF2 a.lot. I have experienced problems on various servers including Panda's, and have been the victim of bullying and banning on Valve's own servers. I would love to be part of a team where I can make a difference in these type of situations, rather than be forced to stand by.

I'm not particularly mean, but I am realistic, rational and will get stern with anyone that breaks the server's rules.

What will you do as Admin?: Number one thing I won't do is abuse my power. I will only use banning as a last resort, or for the worst offenders. I will, however, make sure that offedners and rule breakers are warned. I will use the mute and gag functions for mic spammers and warn chat spammers. I will not partake in any bullying whatsoever. I will kick multiple offenders, racists or anyone I see or hear bullying someone for any reason.

If it's reported to me that there's a disturbance on another server, I'll be sure to help.

On the USA Dodgeball server specifically, I've seen an admin that did not enforce the rules about stealing, and let it happen. When dealing with repetitive stealing I will warn all those involved (I've seen people compete for who can steal the most) , if they continue, warn them again and mention the possibility of a kick, and if they still persist, they get kicked.

When dealing with racism: I can understand if people joke about it; between friends. But when it's escalated into bashing an bullying a player, this is where I get serious. I will only warn once to stop. And if they refuse to, or have one more smart comment to say, they get a kick/ban. If they are using the mic, I will definitely consider muting them for about 30 minutes before kicking/banning. The use of kicking, temporary banning or permanent banning depends on the audacity of the offender and the feelings of the victim.

When dealing with chat or mic spammers: I will send them a warning, verbally if I have to, and I will make sure they know that they can get muted or kicked. Their choice. If the spammer persists, I will be sure to ban them.

When dealing with cheaters/hackers: Permanent. Ban.

I don't want to seem mean or anything, but I have to do my job, enforce the rules, and make sure everyone has a good time on the Panda servers!

I will definitely apply for admin on other servers, but I gotta get my playtime up :p

Thank you for taking your time to read and consider my application!

Rhett

First of all, this app is in the wrong section.

Checking your profile, you only have 3 hours of playtime, which does not look good to me. Apparently, the 3 days of playtime has yet to be put on again for USA Dodgeball, but this concerns me. I understand you have time to get your playtime up here, but you could've waited a bit more before applying, which brings me to another point:

You've only started being active today, and I don't think you know the servers enough yet. Your punishments for stealing shows it. I suggest you to maybe stick to the other Dodgeball servers there are here and see Admins do their job, or wait for an Admin on USA DB that will do their job this time. You have to know that they might have been letting stealing happen because they weren't realizing people were stealing; it's not that simple to determine who is stealing or not.

The other punishments could use some work too, but the main problem here is your lack of time on the server. I'll see how it goes anyway.

First of all, this app is in the wrong section.

Checking your profile, you only have 3 hours of playtime, which does not look good to me. Apparently, the 3 days of playtime has yet to be put on again for USA Dodgeball, but this concerns me. I understand you have time to get your playtime up here, but you could've waited a bit more before applying, which brings me to another point:

You've only started being active today, and I don't think you know the servers enough yet. Your punishments for stealing shows it. I suggest you to maybe stick to the other Dodgeball servers there are here and see Admins do their job, or wait for an Admin on USA DB that will do their job this time. You have to know that they might have been letting stealing happen because they weren't realizing people were stealing; it's not that simple to determine who is stealing or not.

The other punishments could use some work too, but the main problem here is your lack of time on the server. I'll see how it goes anyway.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and thank you for your comments:)

In a reply to the "it's not that simple to determine who is stealing or not." comment, it was pretty conspicuous due to the fact that the player was verbally bragging about the fact that they were stealing and said specifically "(admin's name) isn't going to do anything". :/

In a reply to the "it's not that simple to determine who is stealing or not." comment, it was pretty conspicuous due to the fact that the player was verbally bragging about the fact that they were stealing and said specifically "(admin's name) isn't going to do anything". :/
How odd, I don't think I was on when it happened. It's not normal :T

Well anyway, I'm letting the other Admins decide of your case, I've said all I had to say ^-^

Well, seeing as how I only began seeing you on the server today, and the fact that your profile shows only three hours of playtime, it doesn't look good to me either. I've played in quite a few matches with you, and in one of them, you used a VERY explicit spray which I removed and warned you about. That's a very bad first impression, in my opinion. (I have screenshots of the spray if I need to provide evidence of this)

Also, I know you were referring to me when you say, "On the USA Dodgeball server specifically, I've seen an admin that did not enforce the rules about stealing, and let it happen." As you can see, I'm still a Trial Admin. I'm learning how to spot stealing on both the opposing team and my own. I'm under tutelage of DeadSworn and Roy, and they've been giving me helpful hints and tips on how to spot them easier. So, please excuse if I didn't catch everything that YOU might have seen. And about the player that was openly claiming he was stealing; I do believe I slayed him upon him saying things like that. Whenever someone openly admits to stealing, that's basically giving all Admins the authority to slay them. If I didn't, forgive me once again.

I honestly believe that you're attempting to get this spot because you saw me "not doing my job correctly" today. As I stated previously, I'm still learning, and I WILL make mistakes. Every Admin, no matter how experienced, does. I mean, your playtime is only three hours in, and you're already applying for an Admin position? That's quite odd in my eyes.

Reactions: DeadSworn
Well, seeing as how I only began seeing you on the server today, and the fact that your profile shows only three hours of playtime, it doesn't look good to me either. I've played in quite a few matches with you, and in one of them, you used a VERY explicit spray which I removed and warned you about. That's a very bad first impression, in my opinion. (I have screenshots of the spray if I need to provide evidence of this)

Also, I know you were referring to me when you say, "On the USA Dodgeball server specifically, I've seen an admin that did not enforce the rules about stealing, and let it happen." As you can see, I'm still a Trial Admin. I'm learning how to spot stealing on both the opposing team and my own. I'm under tutelage of DeadSworn and Roy, and they've been giving me helpful hints and tips on how to spot them easier. So, please excuse if I didn't catch everything that YOU might have seen. And about the player that was openly claiming he was stealing; I do believe I slayed him upon him saying things like that. Whenever someone openly admits to stealing, that's basically giving all Admins the authority to slay them. If I didn't, forgive me once again.

I honestly believe that you're attempting to get this spot because you saw me "not doing my job correctly" today. As I stated previously, I'm still learning, and I WILL make mistakes. Every Admin, no matter how experienced, does. I mean, your playtime is only three hours in, and you're already applying for an Admin position? That's quite odd in my eyes.

True. Thank you for your comments.

Hey, well people make mistakes too. I applied for the position because I received an advertisement to do so. NOT because I'm trying to take anyone's position. Don't really feel like arguing over a position, but thank you for the comments, and I apologize for offending anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread