Accepted US Dodgeball Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mignone_roy20

Heeya all! Here's my admin application for the US Dodgeball server.

- My name and/or nickname

My main nickname is mignone_roy20, but I often change it on Steam. My real name is Émilie.

- My age
I'm 15.

- Who gave me permission to apply?
Kevin gave me the permission to apply since I don't meet the hour restriction yet on the US Dodgeball server.

- My Steam2 ID
STEAM_0:1:49267490

- My general online times and my timezone
My timezone is UTC -5:00, or EST (I think?)
My online times really vary, especially during summer since I go camping often, usually for long amouts of time. I can't tell when I'm online during vacations, but once school will start again (in August/September), my schedule should stabilize and I should be online from 4:30PM to 9:00PM EST.

- Which servers do I usually play on and wish to apply for?
I mainly play on the US Dodgeball server due to my location, so I'd like to apply for this server.

- Would I visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Of course. I'd go on other servers if there were reports just to check what's going on. I wouldn't really play on them since I don't like having a high ping (around 150 on european servers)

- Do I have a microphone?
I do have a mic (Turtle Beach EarForce Z11), but due to my (pretty bad) accent I don't use it much.

- My previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I haven't been Admin or Moderator on any servers before, but I'm pretty much a quick learner and I take it seriously.

- Do I have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I guess I know the basics, but I've never actually used them. Again I'm a quick learner, I can find references and I should be good to go.

- Why should you choose me to be part of your team?
I really like the community here. I can have a lot of fun, but I also know when to be serious.
I'm not angered or provoked easily, and I always try to react and think calmly to make the best decisions possible.
I'm really active on Dodgeball and I don't like when something or someone ruins the fun or the good ambiance on a server. I'd help keeping the server peaceful and fun for everyone, listening to people's complaints and judging them, or just judge by myself if something is good or not.

- Briefly explain how I would do my job.
Everything obviously starts with a warning, or else it's not really fair. That gives the person a chance to change their behavior. But if they continue, here's what I would do:

Dodgeball exclusive
  • Orbiting for too long: I'd slap them when they're orbiting, and if they do it again several times, I'd kick them.
  • Stealing: I'm pretty flexible with stealing. Having played for months on a server where stealing was okay, it doesn't bother me much. I'd mostly listen to the other players if it bothers them and act in consequence: I'd warn them first, and kick them if they don't stop. Of course, I'd do the same if I realize that someone constantly steals and it's just insane.
  • Suiciding when having rocket: Again, I'm flexible with this since on the other server I played on, it was fine and funny most of the time. Now I understand this is a rule and it's not fun for everyone, so if they do it two or three times, I'll kick them, followed by a temporary ban if they come back to do it again.
  • Blocking: I'd kick them if they do it a few times, and if they come back and do it again, I'd temporarly ban them.
  • AFK: Just to ensure the fact that they're really AFK, I'd let them 4-5 rounds just to see. If they still don't move, I'd kick them.
General
  • Hacking: Because it's not evident to know if someone's hacking, I'd kick them first, and ban them if they come back and still (seem to) hack.
  • Mic/Chat spam: I'd go with a temporary mute/gag, and a kick if they ever decide to continue.
  • Racism/Insulting/Bullying/Etc.: My tolerance to this is really low. I'd kick the person doing it, and if they come back to continue, it'd ban them.

Your chatlogs are full of useless contents, i could easily gag you if i had the time to stay on this server, luckily for you our different timezones stop me from that.

Your way to manage the server as you indicated in the "How i would do my job" part. needs clearly to be improved, you're too lenient and, quoting yourself,
to have the opportunity of managing such a gamemod when a rule can , easily and repeteadly, be broken. You should visit our other two Dodgeball servers, when Admins are on there, to see how they deal with rulebreakers in general, even if you're lagging there, i highly think that is needed.
Feel free to add me if you have any question about this last part, i'll gladly help you.

Finally, even if you had the permission to apply and that having other Admins on this gamemod, and especially on the US Dodgeball server, is really needed, I don't believe that we need to rush it, by randomly accepting the first applicant, even more when this one got, only, 11 hours played there.

I agree with clic clic so far, especially on that part:
Finally, even if you had the permission to apply and that having other Admins on this gamemod, and especially on the US Dodgeball server, is really needed, I don't believe that we need to rush it, by randomly accepting the first applicant, even more when this one got, only, 11 hours played there.
In my opinion, even though you had permissions from Kevin, 11 hours is no where near enough to know the server, the problems and that you really want to help out dealing with it.

Wich makes me wonder about this:
I really like the community here.

Hacking: Because it's not evident to know if someone's hacking, I'd kick them first, and ban them if they come back and still (seem to) hack.
I just want to bring up this talking point, as if you are not entirely sure if someone is hacking then you will have to ask an experienced Full Admin who knows about Dodgeball in general. I am not one you should call lel.

Other than that the app looks well written, good luck.

Your chatlogs are full of useless contents, i could easily gag you if i had the time to stay on this server

Yeah, I have to admit that I become a real chatterbox when playing Dodgeball, but I can try to just be a little more silent in the chat in the future.

You should visit our other two Dodgeball servers, when Admins are on there, to see how they deal with rulebreakers in general, even if you're lagging there, i highly think that is needed.

That's a true thing, never thought about that. I guess that's a occasion to finally adapt myself to servers where I have a high ping, there's a beginning to everything. I'll go there when I have the time.
And yes, I have to admit that I'm very lenient, but that's just who I am. I'd be ready to change my criteria and punishments. Another occasion to change a bit.

I'm really looking forward to playing more on this server, but yes, I do agree with the fact that there is no need to rush. The thing was that there's a lot of cases of people stealing and blocking and people have complained about it but there was no admin on the server. But well, I'll comply with the final decision.

I just want to bring up this talking point, as if you are not entirely sure if someone is hacking then you will have to ask an experienced Full Admin who knows about Dodgeball in general.

Taking note of this in the future ^-^

• Optimistic
Reactions: Kah
Indeed we need a admin for US Dogdeball server. But for me, every applicants need to have 3 days playtime.

Also your chatlog is pretty messy, clearly you have fun on our servers, and that's good. But for me, it's feels like you cant take serious business. Yes, I can be wrong , but still I wanted share my opinion ::/::

You do not have enough playtime to be accepted (https://gameme.panda-community.com/playerinfo/1534140)
https://www.panda-community.com/threads/how-to-apply-for-admin.2770/ Please read Ron's post for the requirement, making this application invalid. Mabye when you have more time you can apply :)

Kevin gave me the permission to apply since I don't meet the hour restriction yet on the US Dodgeball server.

Next time Joe, read carefully with time

Last time someone who applied with kevin's permission with requirements not met was declined by Ron. I dunno who to look at here.

The thing was that there's a lot of cases of people stealing and blocking and people have complained about it but there was no admin on the server.
heh, I remember thinking something like that when I applied, but the thing is that dodgeball is kind of a fast paced game mode, and most of the times (for me at least) You can't really tell who the rocket is going for because there's no serverside plugin for it (very unfortunate) but what I'm trying to say here is that you won't be as... umm... how do I put this... I really can't think of a word but you just won't be as "effective" in the beginning as you probably think you will be.

As for the application format it looks good, only thing is the punishment's:

Orbiting for too long: I'd slap them when they're orbiting, and if they do it again several times, I'd kick them.
We usually freeze them, after that they stop.

Stealing: I'm pretty flexible with stealing. Having played for months on a server where stealing was okay, it doesn't bother me much. I'd mostly listen to the other players if it bothers them and act in consequence: I'd warn them first, and kick them if they don't stop. Of course, I'd do the same if I realize that someone constantly steals and it's just insane.
You're gonna get a lot of reports for that trust me, but if you decide to act on it, you'll have to spend some time in spectator trying to figure out who's stealing and who isn't (again because of reasons stated above).
But it usually goes as 2-3 slays + warnings, then a 4 hour ban.

Hacking: Because it's not evident to know if someone's hacking, I'd kick them first, and ban them if they come back and still (seem to) hack.
Nah, no kicking, spectate him a few rounds or even a map and once you make sure if he's hacking just ban him.

As for anything else, I really don't see it going on with just 11 hours, maybe go play a bit more and then come back.
For the chatlogs I really don't know what to say (not disapointed or anything just genuinely have nothing to say).

just gonna share my point of view on the punishments since most things on the application have been said.

So as Da random said, if you are not sure, call a full admin to check. And even if you are sure, call a full admin. Why? Because as a trial you can't perma ban but full admins can and hackers deserve an instant perma ban ^^.

Mic/Chat spam: I'd go with a temporary mute/gag, and a kick if they ever decide to continue.
If someone continue mic/chat spamming after a punishment, a kick won't do anything to him. He will just come back to continue. Just ban him if he spamm after a gag/mute/silence.

My tolerance to this is really low. I'd kick the person doing it, and if they come back to continue, it'd ban them.
I think a silence would be more appropriate ::):.

For the Dodgeball special, i allready played there but i have no idea of what punishment should be issued to rules break over there =/.

This being said, good luck ;)

If someone continue mic/chat spamming after a punishment, a kick won't do anything to him. He will just come back to continue. Just ban him if he spamm after a gag/mute/silence.

Lets correct abit this. Micspamming/offensive language/swearing and foreign language leads to gag/mute/silence. If he/she still continue after that, mute/gag/silcense again, but longer time. We usually ban peoples for stealing/blocking/suiciding.

Lets correct abit this. Micspamming/offensive language/swearing and foreign language leads to gag/mute/silence. If he/she still continue after that, mute/gag/silcense again, but longer time. We usually ban peoples for stealing/blocking/suiciding.
yes the idea was that if he doesn't care about a punishment, he won't care about a kick.

I've spent some times on Dodgeball #4/#9 and read all your suggestions for the punishments, and now I'd go with this (either I didn't figure out how to edit a post, or you just can't?):
  • Orbiting: Freeze
  • Stealing/Blocking: Slaying a few times, then ban for a few hours.
  • Hacking: Record a demo, call a full admin. If proof is needed (ban protest or something else), I can show the demo.
  • Mic/Chat spam: Mute/Gag, then after a longer mute/gag, and if, for an unknown reason, they continue after these two mute/gag, ban for a few hours.
  • Racism/Bullying/Insulting/Etc.: Ban for a few hours.
Still have to figure out the "few hours" since I don't know if there's a specific amount of time for a said rule.

I've spent some times on Dodgeball #4/#9 and read all your suggestions for the punishments, and now I'd go with this (either I didn't figure out how to edit a post, or you just can't?):
  • Orbiting: Freeze
  • Stealing/Blocking: Slaying a few times, then ban for a few hours.
  • Hacking: Record a demo, call a full admin. If proof is needed (ban protest or something else), I can show the demo.
  • Mic/Chat spam: Mute/Gag, then after a longer mute/gag, and if, for an unknown reason, they continue after these two mute/gag, ban for a few hours.
  • Racism/Bullying/Insulting/Etc.: Ban for a few hours.
Still have to figure out the "few hours" since I don't know if there's a specific amount of time for a said rule.
You should hit the edit button on your app and replace the section.

Well,

After having a long talk with her on Steam, detailling her how the things were working on the Dodgeball servers concerning the administrating system, I'm now sure that she'll fit perfectly for this position.

Even because she really is a mature person, but also because she took in notes all the previous reproaches, and clearly improved them.

There still is the problem of this short played time, but she planned to improve them as long as she's still able to play, and I personnally don't have any doubts on that.

I don't have any problem of mentoring her, and checking how she's doing her duty, to improve it, if needed, if she got accepted.

To make it short, this application got my support.

Your application is currently undergoing review.
Though you do appear to have no votes, you do have a lot of feedback. Yours may take longer to come to a decision.
So I thank you in advanced for your patience, if you have any questions feel free to contact any staff.

::):

After seeing you progress with your activity dramatically and your active interest shown on the forums (with including the servers) we have decided to accept you into the team. Your time may have been your disadvantage, but your logs clearly show you are dedicated now towards the community ::(:

Welcome to the team! ::):
You will receive admin rights on Panda-Community.com USA [Dodgeball|gameME] with @Clic Clic Boom being your mentor.
If you haven't all ready, please add @Kevin on steam. As he's responsible for adding your rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread