Suggestions: Account Age Restriction. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skibur

Problem: In Dodgeball (Not sure which number this is), @Capri Sun , @Dio Brando, @DeadSworn, and @mignone_roy20 have continuously encounter a hacker who keeps changing names and uses spinbot/aimbot. This makes it difficult for administrator to ban user based on their username. They would have to go through the trouble to find the user's steam ID and ban them from either ingame or console.

Solution: 1.) Previously in other server, they added a account age restriction, prohibiting user whose account does not meet the requirement from joining the server. This is a plugin that will stop alternative account solely used for hacking purposes and ruining people's enjoyment on dodgeball server.

2) Make the server a No-F2P zone. This will stop all alternative account to join the server
Please advise. Similar to the previous suggestion, the objective on this policy will prevent newly created account from joining a dodgeball server. This will also affect other people who are legitimate player. But this can be used as an alternative solution.

Please advise.

Let's just lose 80% of the community shall we

This can be helpful but also bad for players.

I don't have much for the pros since, it'll only stop hackers.

But there are some cons.

Age Restriction:
• People can hack at any time
• Dodgeball may be your first gamemode you want to try
• How old should an account be?

No-F2P Zone:
• We all started as F2Ps

I guess, IP banning is the most effective right now, but people can change their IP. (From seeing other players do it)

I don't disagree nor agree, but here are things to think about.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Tsumiki and Vecomti
Most things Capri said are right to me.

For the age restriction... Anyone of any can hack. May you be 12 or 30, there's no difference, really.

For the No-F2P, some people just don't want to buy anything on Steam, thus making them stay F2P all the time. Doesn't mean they're not good people, so it could be pretty unfair.

I think we can still pull it out with IP bans and banning in-game as the hackers are on. If only the @aim target could've worked earlier on USA Dodgeball, it would've made the ban easier. By the way, any reasons why @aim in commands doesn't work? I mean it doesn't work for me, yet it worked last time I was Admin here.

• Agree
Reactions: Tsumiki
To clarify some things, when I said age restriction, I actually meant the age of your account, not your actual age. When you create an account, I would have expected at least a minimum of 1 month old to be the minimum age. Anything beyond that, I sure everyone is well over qualify.

And Capri, I'm not F2P... does that means I'm that 1%?

when I said age restriction, I actually meant the age of your account, not your actual age.

Oh my bad, well as Capri said some people might start playing Dodgeball as soon as they create their account to play with friends, maybe, so that'd be unfair as well ^^;;

Most things Capri said are right to me.

For the age restriction... Anyone of any can hack. May you be 12 or 30, there's no difference, really.

For the No-F2P, some people just don't want to buy anything on Steam, thus making them stay F2P all the time. Doesn't mean they're not good people, so it could be pretty unfair.

I think we can still pull it out with IP bans and banning in-game as the hackers are on. If only the @aim target could've worked earlier on USA Dodgeball, it would've made the ban easier. By the way, any reasons why @aim in commands doesn't work? I mean it doesn't work for me, yet it worked last time I was Admin here.

It's hard to aim at the enemy player. But yes, it looks stupid to follow a player around pressing the bind numerous times xD
Make sure you didn't copy and paste the bind into console, it won't work like that.

To clarify some things, when I said age restriction, I actually meant the age of your account, not your actual age. When you create an account, I would have expected at least a minimum of 1 month old to be the minimum age. Anything beyond that, I sure everyone is well over qualify.

And Capri, I'm not F2P... does that means I'm that 1%?

Meh, doesn't matter. Some other people are F2P's.

Banning those, who are using name-hack is actually pretty easy. Write console "status" and keep mind both steam IDs , next time when hacker changes the name, do the same and boom ban hammer is here. This also works in gameMe page, but it's a bit slower. If you are only using /admin , I suggest you to learn how to use console, it will help a lot.

Wouldn't it be easier to target the hacker by using the "@aim" instead of the hacker's name?

I find using @aim unreliable (In the sense of sometimes it doesn't work or I've also seen it ban the wrong player). Skiffa's is the one I use, but instead of waiting for the name changer to change names I change their name to make sure I'm dealing with the correct target. Then I ban with the #number.

It's not worth denying innocent players the right to play on the server just because of a couple of hackers. If it bothers you so much and you have the maturity I suggest you apply for admin...Otherwise it's just something you'll have to deal with until an admin comes...or you can record a demo and report in.

@aim works fine if you quickly go to spec and spectate the hacker in third person. No chance of banning the wrong person.
And as per protocol, you just go back in the game and spawn yourself afterwards.

@aim works fine if you quickly go to spec and spectate the hacker in third person. No chance of banning the wrong person
I've tried several times yesterday to use the @aim target yesterday in spectator but it didn't work ("No matching client found" or something like that).

I've tried several times yesterday to use the @aim target yesterday in spectator but it didn't work ("No matching client found" or something like that).
Have you tried to spectate the player in third person, while aiming upwards, and then you execute the command? (This means that you view a player's crotch from below)

Last edited:
Have you tried to spectate the player in third person, while aiming upwards, and then you execute the command? (This means that you view a player's crotch from below)
Nope, could try that if it ever happens again though :')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread