Declined Staff Application (USA Dodgeball Server) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty-Chan

- Your name and/or nickname

My name is Andrew

- Your age

I am 16 years of age.

- Who gave you permission to apply?

The USA Dodge-ball server sent out a notice for staff wanted

- Your Steam ID

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26739384

- Your general online times and your timezone

PST-(US West) I am online constantly throughout the day. Usually at 12:00 I'll stay on for a few hours and ill be on usually around 6 or 9. Once school starts, my schedule will be a little bit less flexible and i will not be on as often.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I mostly play on the US Dodge-ball Server which is also what I'd like to become staff for, but any server you can put me in I would be more than happy to accept. As time progresses, I will most likely play on other of the Panda Community servers

- Do you have a microphone?

Yes, I have a microphone and I use it when necessary (most of the time)

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I have been staff for multiple servers on some of the lesser known servers on Garry's Mod and Team Fortress 2. With that said I've been looking for a server that I can be able to earn more admin experience from and learn how to handle situations when the need arises.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

Yes.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I've been playing Panda-Community for about a month or so and I can really tell a lot of effort has been put in to perfect the finished project. I think that i could be a great addition to the team with my experience and I hope that I can make Panda-Community known.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I feel the way I should do my job is to be lenient but still able to make the point.

In-game
Stealing: Slay and 1/3 warnings. If one gets 3 warnings, I will issue a 3 hour ban .
Blocking: Slay and 1/3 warnings. If one gets 3 warnings, I will issue a 3 hour ban.
Team killing: Slay and 1/2 warnings . If one gets 2 warnings, I will issue a 3 hour ban.
Prolonged Orbit: At 5 seconds I will warn, If the action continues I will slay.

Chat
Spam: If player is spamming I will give 2 warnings, If player persists I will gag for 1 hour.
Racism/Sexism: If I find something potentially racist/sexist I will issue 1 warning, gag 5 hours.
Admin Disrespect: 1 warning, 2 hour gag.

Other
Disrespectful/Improper Sprays: I will remove the spray and give 2 warnings. I will ban for 3 hours if the problem continues.
Call abuse: I will give 2 warnings then kick. Ban if player continues.
Advertising hacks: I will give only one warning...permanent ban.
Hacking: I will record the match and review it, permanent ban if hacks are seen.

Overall, I hope you found my application to be what you were looking for. I believe I will be a asset to Panda-Community as I have a great amount of experience and lots of ideas to make Panda-Community number 1.

I was searching for it in the Gameserver Admin section and realized it's... not there.
The app has not been posted in the good section, might someone move it?
(When it's done, you can delete this post)

I was searching for it in the Gameserver Admin section and realized it's... not there.
The app has not been posted in the good section, might someone move it?
(When it's done, you can delete this post)
Gameserver Admin Section?

Moved app

But anyway, here I go and I just realized something.

Weren't you that one guy that criticized my way to administrate and called me a "12 y/o power thirsty fag" or something like that? I might be mistaking you with someone else, but I'm pretty sure they were called Kitty-Chan. Assuming the fact that it's right, I'm still going to judge you as if it never happened, but I'm not really supporting you.

Pretty good sessions, always an hour or more most of the time. Only 2 days of playtime but apparently, it doesn't matter anymore.

However, I've seen some of the worst case of spam in your chatlogs. Yes, I played Dodgeball enough to know that binding is common, but you have like more than 3 pages of you spamming "(づ。>‿‿<。)づ" and other faces like that. 3 pages and more! And you have a lot of other binds after that. I understand you can stop, but this is... a lot. It would've deserved a gag, if only Admins actually went on USA Dodgeball...

No bans or gag anyway, but for 2 reasons stated above, I'm going to -1 you.

Hold on mate~
I checked your chatlog, oh gosh how much spams there is. Amount of spam, what you have been posted, is enough for gag.

-1 , nothing else to say

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 person
So you're retracting? If so, this can be marked as denied.

Who takes care of apps here now anyway? ;-;

Normally I would agree with my follow admins on this one and vote a -1 as wel because of the bindspam.
But I would like to note out that our beloved Clic started with massivly spamming binds as wel when I was a full admin, in the end a wonderfull admin who offered a lot for the community/administrating.

This person here has expirience in Sourcemod and has been a Admin before on Team Fortress.
Dodgeball could always use a extra hand unlike the other servers we have at the moment (exept Jailbreak/Saxton)
Your punishments are decent and warning players seem like a polite and a way of how admins should act.

Too bad I am not a Full admin because I would love to Mentor this player if I had the chance. (/accepted)
I will give you a +1 , Exelent application sir. Short and clear.

But I warn you, if you ever get to the position as Admin you must cut out the binds.
No more lenny faces and you should control your anger towards other players, you're here to help out the servers this could mean that you need to spectate at some points to fully understand what's going on. (playing is fun, Being admin prevents you from being a "casual" player on dodgeball, you must act!)
You seem a bit young as well, but it's up to you for showing how mature and strict you can be as Admin, Good luck!

Cheers~

I still want to remind people that this guy already disrespected me about the way I was administrating (and now he applies?), that apparently he didn't care about stealing and blocking at one point, saying "Are you one of those power thirsty 12 y/o kids? Did you apply only because you are power thirsty?" or something like that, totally ignoring the fact that I told him to stop. I don't even know why I didn't mute him in the first place, but I'll see how it goes, anyway. I keep my -1 even if I know the binds shouldn't be a problem.

I still want to remind people that this guy already disrespected me about the way I was administrating (and now he applies?), that apparently he didn't care about stealing and blocking at one point, saying "Are you one of those power thirsty 12 y/o kids? Did you apply only because you are power thirsty?" or something like that, totally ignoring the fact that I told him to stop. I don't even know why I didn't mute him in the first place, but I'll see how it goes, anyway. I keep my -1 even if I know the binds shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe this player has a valid reason to it.
If a player asks me if I joined in to have power over the server, is a bit harsh at first, but as a admin you should take the time and take care of the situation at hand informing the player that you're out there to administrate and help the server out to make it playable for all the players.
I don't think anyone would just randomly accuse you for using your power if you haven't used them so it's clearly that he didn't agree on one of your actions. (Maybe posting how the conversation actually went/admin action would help out)

Also, Kitty feel free to defend yourself here what happend that day towards Mignone.
This is not a pissing contest, it's a admin application. Mignone gave a -1 and we get the point/note. no more need to repost the very same reason on the application itself.

I would like to note out that I haven't met this person and judged him on his Application, also that Trail admins are (maybe) not fully capable of judging players application since they are new to the forums/community as wel.

I don't think anyone would just randomly accuse you for using your power if you haven't used them so it's clearly that he didn't agree on one of your actions. (Maybe posting how the conversation actually went/admin action would help out)
I do not mean to piss anyone off, first of all, and of course, maybe he had valid reasons to call me so, but ehhh his tone sounded a bit harsh to me.

Basically I was just slaying people stealing and blocking, nothing wrong with that, and then once I slayed him, he was like "oh what happened" and stuff, I told him to read the chat as I always send a bind when I slay for stealing, and he went like "I was stealing all the time before and you just slayed me there?" I explained to him I cannot see everything even though I'm spectating, and then when someone stole his rocket, he went "Oh this guy just stole my rocket and you don't slay him? Is this favoritism?" (I slayed the person afterwards because I saw it but I can't slay the millisecond after it happens) and so it went down to the power thirsty thing.

When I was like "No, there's no favoritism, I need some time to slay the guy, you know", he still continued to go on the subject. I also explained I was just doing my job, that it was the way Dodgeball Admins were working, I stayed polite and stuff, but he still said the power thirsty kid line.

It might not be as accurate as it should be since it happened a while ago, but I do remember I was only slaying stealers/blockers.

EDIT: If it creates too much drama, someone just delete all my posts about this subject, simple enough.

I also explained I was just doing my job, that it was the way Dodgeball Admins were working, I stayed polite and stuff, but he still said the power thirsty kid line.

It might not be as accurate as it should be since it happened a while ago, but I do remember I was only slaying stealers/blockers.

Once again, a history check would be nice. But! if this situation happend as you said it went...
then it does sound like this Player rather play on the dodgeball server then administrate on there.
Focused on his own gameplay not able to think what happens to the other players or explaination of Admins.

I still think this player can learn to cut-off the "salty" attitude and stop using those useless spammy binds, not being able to focus on the game around him however is a serious problem for Administration.

Well looking at this now this applicant has not visited the forums since he/she applied. Also with what they have said here;

I might as well delete this thread since i already have -2 on it.

It looks like that they want to be declined/retracted due to them not receiving desired votes...

So with all the information above, I've decided to decline the application due to this. You may reply on: 14th Of September 2015 and onward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread