Awaiting Feedback [SERVERS] Fix/Change the map voting system. (1 Viewer)

KronKrian

What I am referring to specifically is the revote result if the two maps are split evenly in terms of votes. It's stupid that the last vote decides the map in such situations, even if the occurrence isn't that common. I'd suggest that in such situations, another revote starts if the first one results in even split between the 2 maps, instead of the system choosing the last map the last person to vote, gave a vote for. If the votes are equally split again, another revote, until a map gains the upper hand. If no map does by the time the timer of the current one runs out, one of the 2 gets picked at random.
Also, make it so that the voting prompt starts at 2:30 minutes to map switch, instead of 5 minutes. I don't really care about this second one as much but the first really ought to get looked into.

What I am referring to specifically is the revote result if the two maps are split evenly in terms of votes. It's stupid that the last vote decides the map in such situations, even if the occurrence isn't that common. I'd suggest that in such situations, another revote starts if the first one results in even split between the 2 maps, instead of the system choosing the last map the last person to vote, gave a vote for. If the votes are equally split again, another revote, until a map gains the upper hand. If no map does by the time the timer of the current one runs out, one of the 2 gets picked at random.
Also, make it so that the voting prompt starts at 2:30 minutes to map switch, instead of 5 minutes. I don't really care about this second one as much but the first really ought to get looked into.
type !revote and vote for ur map again. This is a simple fix.

Really I think the main problem right now is that people just press 4 to get rid of the menu as fast as possible. Something I suggested some time ago (not sure if it was on forums on discord) was a system where players can only nominate maps but they can't vote for them when the voting starts, the next map is random.

Really I think the main problem right now is that people just press 4 to get rid of the menu as fast as possible. Something I suggested some time ago (not sure if it was on forums on discord) was a system where players can only nominate maps but they can't vote for them when the voting starts, the next map is random.
In that case, it would be much better to just move the voting from the 5 minutes till the map is to switch, to the end of the last round on said map. That way people won't just press 4 to get the menu off their screen, though I suspect map voting would have to be 1 off so that there isn't too much downtime, with revotes only in cases where two or more maps get equal votes... or one the maps with equal votes gets randomly chosen after the initial voting.

Users who are viewing this thread