Accepted Semi's second admin application for NY JB (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semicolon Backslash

Mapper
Contributor
Name: Semicolon backslash, I'd prefer to not share my real name.

Steam32 ID: STEAM_0:1:170849918

Permission to apply: NY jailbreak has an opening, according to this post so it is not necessary

Online times: On weekdays I'm usually on after 4:00PM (EST) and can spend 1-2 hours if I have the time. Weekends I play basically when I want to and if I am not on tf2 usually have steam open so I can respond to calls when they come in.

Microphone?: Yes I have a microphone.

Previous admin/mod experience?: I have a little experience that came from a minecraft server that is now defunct (not like being a mod at the age of 10 would help me now) and a discord server.

Panda servers you usually play on?: I mostly am on NY jailbreak and 2fort but I do come to their european counterparts and TX FF2 sometimes. Although I am only applying for NY jailbreak I wouldn't mind coming to these servers or any other panda servers that I know the rules for.

Do you have previous experience with sourcemod?: No but I can probably guess how most commands go (/ban /mute /gag /slay /slap /kick)

Reasons to choose you?: Before my retraction of my previous application a lot of the regulars supported my application and even after retracting some were sad to see me retract it. We also can’t forget 32 slots NYJB has made everyone pretty desperate for more admins/admin intervention as even before the admins were struggling with either college or jobs. So I believe the community would like to see me as an admin either out of actual caring or necessity and for me when it is necessary for more admins to keep the server be fun I will attempt to help.

I have been playing on the server regularly for over a year now so I have seen how bad it gets at some times and even today it can get pretty bad (I love to bring up the time that some guy strangled his cat on mic). I hope to help change that by either helping new players or getting rid of freekill lord for the 82nd time. To this day I try to quickly remind people of rule breaking and usually they listen as they seem to view me as an admin (almost like it happens to every other regular that reminds people of the rules) and try to keep a relaxed and friendly attitude to most players in general.

Of course that doesn’t mean I’ll let people freekill and bait all they want though I understand that an admin while being forgiving at some times with a warning or two must carry out his/her duties otherwise they might as well be a glorified donator. Oh, and speaking of punishments I have watched the admins punishment times on sourcebans and in game so i made my punishments reflect that the best I could.

Punishments/how you would do your job

I tried to keep a 6 tier punishment (including a warning) for all punishments if it does not say warning then it's probably a basic human decency thing.

Micspam

1st: Warning

2nd: 720 minute mute

3rd: 1440 minute mute

4th: 4320 minute mute

5th: 10080 minute mute

6th Permanent mute

Chatspam

2nd: 720 minute gag

3rd: 1440 minute gag

4th: 4320 minute gag

5th: 10080 minute gag

6th Permanent gag

Racism/serious insulting

1st: 720 minute mute/gag

2nd: 1440 minute mute/gag

3rd: 4320 minute mute/gag

4th: 10080 minute mute/gag

5th: 43800 minute mute/gag

6th: Permanent mute/gag

Serious threats (ddos, revealing sensitive information)

1st: Permanent ban+evidence in case of appeal

Hacking

1st: Permanent ban+evidence in case of appeal

Ghosting

2nd: 360 minute gag

3rd: 720 minute gag

4th: 1440 minute gag

5th: 2880 minute gag

6th: Perm gag

Exploiting/latespawning

1st: Warning + slay (skip if this is a report)

2nd: 720 minute ban

3rd: 1440 minute ban

4th: 10080 minute ban

5th: 43800 minute ban

6th: permanent ban

No mic on blue

1st: Warning (to get off blu if you don’t have a mic)

2nd: permanent guard ban until proven they have a working mic

Freekill/Teamkill

1st: Slay and respawn of afflicted red/Blue

2nd: 120 minute guard ban and respawn of afflicted red/Blue

3rd: 480 minute guard ban and respawn of afflicted red/Blue

4th: 1440 minute guard ban and respawn of afflicted red/Blue

5th: 2880 minute guard ban and respawn of afflicted red/Blue

6th: Permanent guard ban and respawn of afflicted red/Blue

Breaking smaller blue rules (vandalism when unnecessary, inactive guard, afk, etc)

1st: Warning+slay

2nd: 120 minute guard ban

3rd: 480 minute guard ban

4th: 720 minute guard ban

5th 1440 minute guard ban

6th: permanent guard ban

Mass freekill (accidental)

1st: 1440 minute guard ban and respawn of all reds

2nd: Permanent guard ban and respawn of all reds

Mass freekill (Intentional no warnings)

1st: Permanent guard ban + 720 minute server ban and respawn of all reds

Baiting

2nd: Warning+slay

3rd: 120 minute guard ban

4th: 480 minute guard ban

5th: 1440 minute guard ban

6th: Permanent guard ban

Round sabotage (includes failwarden)

1st: Warning and slay

2nd: 120 minute guard ban

3rd: 480 minute guard ban

4th: 1440 minute guard ban

5th: 2880 minute guard ban

6th: Permanent guard ban

Other information:

Gameme profile

Previous application

Bans all 0 of them

Comms all 0 of them

And time to tag the NYJB team

@ZeroPC

@Madact

@XplosiveAction

Ill just say it first, I'm giving you a +1

My reasoning is:
- I see the effort you put into editing this application to include referencing your previous one, in addition to make your punishments what we currently have (for general punishments not team punishments. for that we have a slightly different stacking).
- You're on JB pretty much every day, sometimes hitting 1 hour and sometimes even 2 or 3.
- You do enforce the rules and you do follow them

The one thing I would like to see you try and do more is report people more on the forums. If you have a computer that can get shadowplay, if not with demos or plays.tv, try to report some people more if we aren't on. Thats really it.
You're a fun person to be around and I would love to have you on the team.

My turn ey?

I really don't got much to say about you. You're active, you enforce rules, you never seem to have a problem with me or my team and you're understanding. Loving those sessions and I am quite pleased with the way you behave on JB, enforcing rules, warnings players, and such (based on what I've seen). Overall, you're a clean, friendly, active regular and based on the experience I've had with you, I think you'd make a nice addition to our team.
You have my +1

Now as I am assigned to JB aswell as VSH, I will give my vote. This vote is based on what I have seen for a long time, before I was admin again.

I see you as an really friendly regular who knows how everything works. I think I have never seen you mad no matter what happends, which is really positiv.

As for the comment Justin said about reporting more players, I have noticed you reporting more players if !call does not work. Nice to see that you listen to the response you get on the application.

I will give you my +1

+1

Forgot to do this before the holidays, but I had a bunch of things lined up before posting and linked justin and zero to feedback on this a while back. They've pretty much beaten me to what there is to say.
With my lack of activity (on NY jailbreak), I'm judging off what I can see and experiences I've had with you and the small mistakes I've seen I'm happy enough to give you a chance in experiencing being an administrator for a team fortress 2 server. I believe you'll have the correct attitude and behavior towards this role.
Acitivty and whatever is pretty good as well. So it's all a plus on my half.

@Bambi @Roar Would you guys like to add anything else?

>Has amazing vocal cords
>Presents dank memes on jb
>Part of the OG jb mafia clan

441522056631418880.png

In all seriousness though, everything positive has already been mentioned and I don't have anything bad to say. +1

Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
And with that I pronounce you closed and under review! You may now kiss the tag o3o

Jokes aside, we have all the feedback and have had plenty of time for any others to give feedback. Anybody has anything additional to say please pm me in the forums.
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread