Declined Random Coffee Table's 2nd JB Admin application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Coffee Table

-Your name and/or nickname
Most know me by the amazing moniker or Random Coffee Table. I'll alias as other stuff, usually bands or pie! (may she rest in peace). Oh yeah, if you care, my rn is Brendan, it says it on my steam profile, so ya know, no point in not stating it here.

- Your age
I have been 20 years old for about 1.5 months, hopefully that legally makes me older than 15.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
Steam id: STEAM_1:0:443146715

- Your general online times and your timezone
Timezone: EST
Availability: Weekdays: like 6/7-10 from Jan - June (working full time) and variable July-December as college is variable.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I mostly play on the NYJB server and have been playing on it since late last year (?) throughout this year, including the peak where Justin, pie!, sin, Soliani, and Fathi were regulars. I would be willing to visit a broader range, but, similar to what I said last time, it would be more applicable to general panda rules and not specific game servers, as I don't know the rules well enough to make a decision on those.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
I do have a mic, though I don't use it a ton. I generally prefer chat as I can be clearer with what I want to say and have time to think it over.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator.
No, I do not have experience in a game as a moderator, but I have been a forum mod in some older MMOs throughout high school.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No, I do not, but I would be willing to learn it if I am accepted as a moderator.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I would be remiss if I didn't mention my past admin application and the general lack of maturity that came with it. Since then I have had experience outside the game that forced me to mature fast as I worked as a full time engineering intern over the summer and took on more responsibility as a part time worker at my other job. I have also done my best to try and keep my cool while I'm on JB. Sometimes I'm not perfect and can get annoyed, but I now know when I am acting out of line. I probably do say freekill too much though, and usually end up acknowledging that I was in the wrong for not understanding an order.

As far as actually joining the JB admin team, I have been playing for a while and know the rules very well. Admittedly, there were a few missteps when the server got started back up again with ghosting, as I was mixing up other server rules with Panda rules, but since then I have reclaimed my thorough understanding of the rules. I believe that this knowledge and my availability enables me to quickly identify and correct situations in accordance with the rules and in a way so that I don't give the impression that I'm terrorizing the server with regulations. I am willing to learn how to be a better admin and improve the the JB server so that it can reach the same heights it did before. I know I won't be perfect to start off, but I'm willing and want to learn how to be the best admin I can.

I'm also friends with Yelow and the other 2 applicants (Gold and Semi) and while I don't know ciri as well, I believe I would be able to work with that group well and make sure that everyone on the server has a good time.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
I would follow the general 6-tier ban method that Panda prefers for the most part. Everything starts with a warning, with the exceptions of hacking, racism, mfk, threats of physical violence/ ddos.

Exploiting, freekill, latespawn, etc.
1 - 360 min ban
2 - 720 min ban
3 - 1440 min ban
4 - 10080 min ban
5 - 43800 min ban
6 - perma ban

exceptions:
Hacking:
permaban

Dead talking, spam, racism, etc
1 - 360 min mute/gag
2 - 720 min mute/gag
3 - 1440 min mute/gag
4 - 10080 min mute/gag
5 - 43800 min mute/gag
6 - perma mute/gag

exceptions:
Threat of violence/ ddos attack:
perm ban

LR Denial, freekill, teamkill, etc
1 - 120 min guard ban
2 - 240 min guard ban
3 - 480 min guard ban
4 - 720 min guard ban
6 - perm guard ban

exceptions:
Mass Freekill (unintentional):
1 - 480 min Team ban
2 - perm guard ban

Mass Freekill (intentional)
1- perm guard ban

The discrepancy between these two is due to intention. I would be more forgiving of a soldier accidentally shooting rocket into a group of reds than someone telling all reds to go into one spot and then blowing them all up. I am willing to change this, but sometimes people make mistakes and I don't think they should get the same immediate punishment as those doing it intentionally. I am willing to revise this, but this is my general perspective on mfk.

Bans and Comms (3, last one in April)

The Tagging of the Admins
@Bambi (currently enjoying JB_Bootcamp)
@Yelowchy (currently enjoying Norway, not New York)
@Ranger Ciri

Howdy.

I think its high time I left you some feedback seeing this has been pending for almost 2 weeks now. I'm glad you are aware of my current situation at least.

Anywho, I really like what I've seen from you. Compared to applying from last time to now its a big difference in my view. You seem to be more aware of the rules, cleaned up chat, and warned others for rule breaking ect ect. I frankly don't have much negative things to say either, maybe yelowchy and ranger ciri have something else to say since they've been more active recently.. but for now its gonna be a +1 from me.

Reactions: Gold
Been watching you in-game and closely monitoring your chatlogs, you seem to have matured since last time you applied. As long as you don’t have any crackdowns or dark secrets it’ll be a +1

also what kind of coffee do you have on your table? Americano? Espresso? :thonk:

Been watching you in-game and closely monitoring your chatlogs, you seem to have matured since last time you applied. As long as you don’t have any crackdowns or dark secrets it’ll be a +1

also what kind of coffee do you have on your table? Americano? Espresso? :thonk:

Ya know, I actually think coffee is pretty bad and am more of a tea guy myself. I choose the name because after playing the game for like 50 hours, I realized that "Legionnaire" was the mark of a new player who knew nothing about the game, so I was mindlessly brain storming of what is the most random thing you could find in the woods, and I stumbled onto to a coffee table. It also had the advantage of literally no one on Steam, Youtube, or any other platform really had that name, meaning I had sole rights to the branding of it.

Also, does mass homicide count as a dark secret? Asking for a friend here.

• Funny
Reactions: Yelowchy
The application doesn't seem too serious, well either that you're having a hard time simply sticking to the questions. Briefly reading it and the off-topic parts in your answers are just a quick bore, do you feel that it was necessary to add?

As I have not been active enough on jailbreak I can't review your in-game behavior.. yet. As for your understanding of the rules I only know that you were calling out freekill for something that wasn't (freelooking with the taunt situation that happened with Madact if you don't recall) which does weigh down on you a bit.

unknown.png
unknown.png

I can understand these messages aren't too new but I just cannot see this same person becoming an admin any time too soon.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: Roar, Gold and TWC
The application doesn't seem too serious, well either that you're having a hard time simply sticking to the questions. Briefly reading it and the off-topic parts in your answers are just a quick bore, do you feel that it was necessary to add?

As I have not been active enough on jailbreak I can't review your in-game behavior.. yet. As for your understanding of the rules I only know that you were calling out freekill for something that wasn't (freelooking with the taunt situation that happened with Madact if you don't recall) which does weigh down on you a bit.

unknown.png
unknown.png

I can understand these messages aren't too new but I just cannot see this same person becoming an admin any time too soon.

My sense of humor is a bit obscure and non-sequiturish, and it tends to come through a bit, even on more serious things. As far as the two things from discord, I believe the first was around when I learned about Justin's firing only from his side of the equation without knowing the full story, and I was a bit annoyed about that. I still don't know the whole story on that one, but from what I've been able to pick up, it was less black and white than I originally thought and I don't have the same opinions as I do now.

As for the second one, I'm going to be honest, not the best time for me personally. The jb servers were currently hemorrhaging players due to zigi being updated more frequently and a lot of the people still there weren't the regulars that I was used to. At that point, there was a bit more rule breaking and less general admin control (if I remember correctly), and that combined with irl stuff didn't give me the best view on Panda jb.

After the jb server was revived though and I had more time to play on it, I remembered why I love it. The maps, the community, and the people are amazing, and I want to be able to help keep it that way, whether as an admin or a regular. Also, the calling freekill, ugh that it was Madact, missed that part, I was in the wrong, I had forgotten that clarification on the rule as I don't remember the last time I was (justifiably) killed for that. I now keep that in my mind as a learning experience to make that I can help clarify when someone makes the same mistake I did.

sadly going to decline this due to reasons stated above in the screenshot and the other comments.
give it some time to cool down and then apply again if you still have interest in becoming a admin.

thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread