My top *ten* annoyances as an Admin (1 Viewer)

EvoWarrior5

Contributor
You heard me.

Evo is going to open himself up and reveal what annoys him most as an Admin. Regardless of the truth factor behind the stories and the list, this thread is for shits and giggles, so do not take this seriously or as an offense to our players (although face it, some are just stupid). Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Number #10:

Yes, that rule that I just explained to the other guy five seconds ago also counts for you. Really.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Number #9:

People that spam "222222" or "33333" when a map vote occurs, but JUST not enough so that you can warn them to stop spamming. And the same goes for every situation, really. Sometimes something annoys you but it is just not enough to do something for. This is a prime example.

Number #8:

People that threaten others because they are friends with you.

Number #7:

People that seem to think that, when you are an Admin, you suddenly cannot play your videogame normally anymore and that you cannot make use of your donator powers. For example on Watchtower when I slay Scouts because there are too many. The only people I avoid slaying are Donators who have the right to be whatever class regardless of limits. I sometimes switch class out of courtesy but sometimes I just want to be Scout, and I have the right to do so. But of course, then when I slay others they think that I am abusing my position as Admin to be Scout.

Since recently I have decided to make the slaying on Arena maps easier for myself by going spectator. Then I get the job done faster, and afterwards I can join back into the team and respawn myself. I have yet to get a hateful response to me spawning myself after doing Admin business there, but when that happens it will be another glorious moment of me being far superior to that person in terms of reasoning and logic.

Number #6:

This is no bullshit, I swear. This literally happened:

I wanted to have some peace and quiet around me when playing my video game, so before I joined the server I went undecover. I changed my name on Steam, I set myself to offline, took my characteristic Juju and Accessories off, then joined. Once in there for five mins, this guy starts calling my name. "Hey Evo!" ..... "Evo?" ...... "Yo Evo!", and so this other guy actually joins him in this. "Oh is Evo here?" "Evo!"

THANKS FOR BLOWING IT. CAN YOU NOT TAKE A HINT?

Number #5:

When you punish somebody after warning them to stop doing something, yet they continued:
"Wow Admin you're so bad get off your ass and get outside, get some real friends."

Then when you do not sit on your chair all day ready to take all of their little Calls:
"Wow Admin you're so bad I called an admin and nobody came, why are you an Admin if you can't make time to help people 24/7?"

Number #4:

People that call in an admin when you are already there. Like, if I was undercover or something that would be understandable, but I am not shitting you, I have been in situations where I had my Admin tag enabled and had been actively talking in the chat (and, in the worst example I remember, I was on War3Source. Needless to say, every time I spawned I typed crap like !claws or !orb in the chat), and somebody just decides that they want to call an Admin for no reason. Another really bad example is when I am on Dodgeball and somebody steals two rockets but I don't see it (the Admins that play there will know: it can be really, really tough to see who steals, and when) and then he uses the call admin while announcing that he is doing it because I am not doing my job right.

Which brings me to number three:

Number #3:

People that seem to think you're supposed to be God. You, as Admin, are supposed to see everything and anything going on in the server. And you will always condemn people to Hell when they steal one rocket.

"Thou shalt not steal!"

Number #2:

People that call "abuse" when you punish them for something you clearly warned them for and explain to them. Yesterday I got angry at somebody who was mad at me for slaying him on Watchtower (there were 6 Scouts, go figure) and I literally said to him "I put it right in the middle of your screen. It's not my fault if you're illiterate and / or don't pay any attention."

Taking the fact that I rarely ever insult people in regard, me calling somebody illiterate says something.

Number #1:

People telling you what to do. Like, not even as a question just like "Could you please mute him?", but when they just seem to literally command you. Moreover, they always "suggest" the worst possible ideas:

Hale sits in the tunnel for 30 seconds and I am about to slap him:
Some guy: "Admin ban. He camping."

Hale goes to the last player and stands in High Five for 3 seconds:
Some guy: "FRIENDLY. ADMIN, KICK THEM."

I'm sure these guys would make terrific admins.

The reason this one is on number 1 is because it happens too often and there's not that much you can do about it. I sometimes say "I am the Admin here, I decide what happens, not you. You can ask me to do something but do not command me." but that is where it stops, really. It's just a really psycological one, because when somebody commands you to do something, you hardly feel inclined to still actually take action, even though you know you have to.

Liek dis if yu crie everytiem ;-;

Reactions: Electrod
+1

One thing that annoyed me when i was admin was that people started saying "i'm friends with the admin, he'll ban you if you annoy me!"

People that seem to think you're supposed to be God.

Evo use your godly powers and tell me this week's EuroMillions numbers!! (and yes this is an order like in Number 1 :thumbsup: )

But seriously, being an admin is like being a referee in football, everybody will shout his opinion, think they would do it better and overall hate you.

EvoWarrior5' said:
(the Admins that play there will know: it can be really, really tough to see who steals,
I remember that Repap (an admin from a while ago) used to slay,kick and ban me because of him thinking of me stealing, with the following help of chat jerks: "HE'S STEALING, KICK HIM!"
But i didn't even steal. i'm glad he's gone now.

Kitty Cat :3' said:
+1

One thing that annoyed me when i was admin was that people started saying "i'm friends with the admin, he'll ban you if you annoy me!"

Ah yes, good one! I might make this a top ten if somebody else has a final suggestion. Or maybe if there are two more good suggestions, then I can remove the Jailbreak one. Calls are pretty annoying in general because of the lack of good ones.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I forgot one, but I forgot it again. If I think of it again then that will make it number ten, I hope I will remember it and not forget it once more..

Girasim' said:
EvoWarrior5' said:
(the Admins that play there will know: it can be really, really tough to see who steals,
I remember that Repap (an admin from a while ago) used to slay,kick and ban me because of him thinking of me stealing, with the following help of chat jerks: "HE'S STEALING, KICK HIM!"
But i didn't even steal. i'm glad he's gone now.

This is why I never take action until I have proof that somebody is doing something wrong, or at least a strong reason to believe it.

e.g. I have to have seen it, the source that warns me has to be reliable, and it helps if the person who is being reported has done shit wrong before. For example, if I have already warned somebody not to steal twice or so and somebody tells me he did it again then it is not very hard to believe that it is true.

An example of the first and second thing I named (the source has to be reliable, plus I want to see it) is a while ago when two people told me a guy was hacking but 5 seconds of spectating and I could see that was bullshit. And this one guy got really mad because he didn't see a reason for me not to ban the guy as two of them said he was hacking. So I just explained to him that that does not necessarily have to mean much as people have called me hacker before as well. I very clearly explained that I did not deem his opinion invalid, but that I did NOT want to ban somebody without full certainty of the crime. I told him that I was 100% sure nobody was hacking after I came so the problem was gone already, then explained him what to do next time (make a demo and post it on the forums or add me, etc). But this story ends the same way 90% of my stories do when I am too good at doing my job: more mad-getting.

In relation to #4, I was in Dodgeball with Saxton, and something along the lines of this happened:

*Someone steals*
"Do it again and I'll call admin"
Saxton WITH TAG ENABLED: "Don't call an admin"
"!call"
"I'm right fucking here"
*blabla was reported for rocket stealing"

.________________________.

EvoWarrior5' said:
"Wow Admin you're so bad get off your ass and get outside, get some real friends."
Oh my, I always have problems with those people, but not in Admin situations but more in Skill / "Get rekd" situations. I usually respond to them following :
" You are the one who needs to get outside and find real friends, because it seems like you are raging over a video game and insulting a random person you don't know."
Some of you may think it's harsh, but I never care about beeing nice to people who are jerks / assholes.

the thing that annoys me that people insult you especially cus ur admin grrrrr I've been admin for quite a while. also before I joined panda. and all of these 10 annoying things happend to me before, FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

Saxton Hale' said:
the thing that annoys me that people insult you especially cus ur admin I've been admin for quite a while. also before I joined panda. and all of these 10 annoying things happend to me before, FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS
Or when an admin insults you because you've won an unusual.. #ujelly?

EDIT: Since this thread is for shits 'n' giggles I'm going to point out to Evo that you must capitalize the first letter of each important word in your title. *Remember, shits 'n' giggles!*

EDIT-2: Hashtag has the same meaning as "number", thus it is incorrect to say "Number #1:". It's either "Number 1:" or "#1:".

IceStick' said:
Saxton Hale' said:
the thing that annoys me that people insult you especially cus ur admin I've been admin for quite a while. also before I joined panda. and all of these 10 annoying things happend to me before, FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS
Or when an admin insults you because you've won an unusual.. #ujelly?

I'm giving you a prize for this one.

Updated number 10 to something I decided I found more fitting after all.

Users who are viewing this thread