James Wilson's Corner- WWI and Wilhelm II (1 Viewer)

JamesWilson

Banned
Hello guys. I'm James wilson back again in my favourite section, the off-topic.

Last time my thread was closed cause of a discussion about religion(sorry for that) . I hope that with this theread no hot discussions. (@CiroBishop)

So today I wanna talk you about World War 1, and then specifically about the german leader at the time: Wilhelm the II.

Here we go.

WWI

Now you may think that WWI is a shitty war, but it's actually interesting. It started with the declaration of war to Serbia from Autria beacause of the homicide of the austrian prince by a serbian.

The war went from 1914 to 1918, so only 4 years

The main countries involved were:

England Germany
France Austro-Hungary
Russia VS Ottoman Empire
Serbia (?)
USA
Italy

Now, let's talk about Wilhelm II.

Wilhelm II

Wilhelm_II_of_Germany.jpg

-He was the german leader during WWI

-He is belived to be one of the main starters of the war

-He had strange mustaches.

-He had an interesting personality.

I'll leave this text from Thomas Nipperdey

"He was gifted, with a quick understanding, sometimes brilliant, with a taste for the modern,—technology, industry, science—but at the same time superficial, hasty, restless, unable to relax, without any deeper level of seriousness, without any desire for hard work or drive to see things through to the end, without any sense of sobriety, for balance and boundaries, or even for reality and real problems, uncontrollable and scarcely capable of learning from experience, desperate for applause and success,—as Bismarck said early on in his life, he wanted every day to be his birthday—romantic, sentimental and theatrical, unsure and arrogant, with an immeasurably exaggerated self-confidence and desire to show off, a juvenile cadet, who never took the tone of the officers' mess out of his voice, and brashly wanted to play the part of the supreme warlord, full of panicky fear of a monotonous life without any diversions, and yet aimless, pathological in his hatred against his English mother."

Alright that is it.

If you have something to ad to the argument or some corrections, add it.

If you liked it, put like and tell me that you liked it.

If you didnt like it, I'm sorry. (tell me if you didnt like it)

Reactions: CiroBishop
Oh, well, don't worry, WWII is one of my favorites History arguments.
I liked it, interesting.

Reactions: JamesWilson
Oh, well, don't worry, WWII is one of my favorites History arguments.
I liked it, interesting.

It's Wordl War One, not WWII, but thank you i guess so.

EDIT:The thread fucked up, but i cannot edit. The countries involved were: USA, England, France, Russia, Serbia versus Germany, Austro-Hungary and the Ottoman empire.

It's Wordl War One, not WWII, but thank you i guess so.

EDIT:The thread fucked up, but i cannot edit. The countries involved were: USA, England, France, Russia, Serbia versus Germany, Austro-Hungary and the Ottoman empire.

Yep, I confused it, sorry.

Don't like the guy, he managed to get Germany involved with a war against The United Kingdom and The Russian Tsardom even though the monarchs of those countries were his cousins.

Besides, if I had to blame one person for the death of the German Empire and Prussia, Wilhelm II would be that person.

Users who are viewing this thread