Completed Increasing the FOV limit on dodgeball servers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBotV63

Some people (including me) usually play with "insane" fov (150+). Because of that transitioning to panda from other places is a painful experience to say the least. Plus I can't think of anything that speaks against implementing a higher fov cap.

So, I'd be thrilled to see the maximum fov increased to a value such as 160 or even 180.

Sorry if I'm being an idiot btw, it's 4:35 AM and I can't think straight.

There's a console command.

Fov_viewmodel number

I use a high fov as well, though you have to type it in console everytime when you start up TF2.

Do you mean viewmodel_fov, because I can't fov_viewmodel?

If that's the case, I don't mean viewmodel fov, I play without viewmodels. I mean the !fov command which sets viewport fov.

Do you mean viewmodel_fov, because I can't fov_viewmodel?

Could be that, I don't remember :p

Sorry, I got both of those mixed up. There should be a command for fov in console?

I'm not even sure if other servers have an fov command that goes higher than 130.
It'd be nice to make the /fov command go up to 180.

I'm not even sure if other servers have an fov command that goes higher than 130.
It'd be nice to make the /fov command go up to 180.

There are servers that go up to 160 or 180 out there. The console command is max 90 sadly. It's fov_desired by the way.

Use the sourcemod sm_fov command in console, or use the !fov /fov command in chat.

Use the sourcemod sm_fov command in console, or use the !fov /fov command in chat.
They want the limit to be higher than 130 with that command. Who knows why but is it in any way possible?

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63
They want the limit to be higher than 130 with that command. Who knows why but is it in any way possible?

@Kevin , I don't know which plugin we're using. Do you think it would be possible?

@Kevin , I don't know which plugin we're using. Do you think it would be possible?
I did a quick test on my server, if you have the Unrestricted FOV plugin, you can run ufov_max in the console and it can go above 130 up to 180, however at 180 the whole game breaks so max is 170.

tfjl.jpg

so unlock it till 160?

Why would you use more than 100-110 max anyway? Viewmodel isn't ment to be that high anyway and can sometimes make your weapon take half of screen

Why would you use more than 100-110 max anyway? Viewmodel isn't ment to be that high anyway and can sometimes make your weapon take half of screen

It's what people prefer, I like 130 fov and I'd wish it went higher.

Again, the player isn't talking about viewmodels. They're talking about the Field Of View, of one's screen.

My first thought was "why the fuck would anyone want this", too, but it can't hurt and if there are people who want it, why not.

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63 and Stabbin
Why would anyone ever want to go above 90 in FoV? I mean sure, it's nice to see a little bit more around you. But it's not really that practical. It's like spamming the RTD effect "Funny Feeling", it just feels too wonky IMO.

Oh well, not that I play dodgeball anyways to care about this.

I did a quick test on my server, if you have the Unrestricted FOV plugin, you can run ufov_max in the console and it can go above 130 up to 180, however at 180 the whole game breaks so max is 170.

tfjl.jpg
Ermageerd, you used my map in that picture :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread