Good news everybody! (1 Viewer)

Would you like to see this plugin in our Panda servers?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • What's a Spotify?

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

daguywithdashadow

GoodNewsEveryone.jpg

After the shut down of Grooveshark, our beloved !gs plugin worked no more. However, some brave soul is creating a similar plugin, but with Spotify instead! Here's his proof-of-concept video:

If you would like more info on the plugin + the download link, its here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=262938

I'm not quite sure if this belongs in the correct forum, but the important thing is: Spotify in TF2!

It would be a very good idea in my opinion, and so thanks for sharing,
but the only thing I don't agree with (and I suppose it's impossible to deal with) is the need to log in, and so to have a Spotify account before you can listen to the songs.
Grooveshark was completely faster (no registration required). People should create their Spotify account, and then it would work. Indeed, not everybody uses Spotify.
For me, it's a +0.5.

Because downloading spotify is too much work...

• Agree
Reactions: Nyah and Jayy
requires an account so nope

We actually want music player plugin which is
- easy to use
- no registion required
- Does not cause any lags or delaying
Everyones doesnt have spotify, or they even dont want to use that. Grooveshark was really good plugin, even it has lagging and it's didint always work. I thinked about radio plugin, but after several experiments, it's bad.

Radio plugin
+ Easy to use
+ Doesnt lag and music doesnt be delayed
+ Volume
- You cant choose what kinda music you want to listen. There is only one radio channel and most of the time there is coming really, really bad music.
I dont know what radio plugin is that, but i tested that on other "Lovely" community.

Since I am person, who listens music like 24/7, so I want have perfect music plugin.

I just listen to YouTube on the steam overlay, don't see much of a problem. I mean it may be nice to have one but I can guarantee you the U.S. Government will shut down any type of music players, like they did to groove shark, due to copyright law.

I just listen to YouTube on the steam overlay, don't see much of a problem. I mean it may be nice to have one but I can guarantee you the U.S. Government will shut down any type of music players, like they did to groove shark, due to copyright law.
Whilst possible, this is Spotify, which is already legal.

also the free shit of it runs ads

Out of curiosity: How hard is it to create a command (!sc for example) that simply starts soundcloud in the motd?
I think that requires no account.
(Edit: Serious question by the way, I know nothing 'bout coding n stuff)

Well an odea i just had while reading this is: why don't we get some sort of music player, use the website as a communication ground between the servers and the website, if there's someone here who knows how to code he can probably look through sg's sourcecode and modify it a bit, thay way we'd have a panda community radio and people can suggest songs to be added and shtuff. (i was making it up while reading this so... There's probably some flaw in my plan) have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread