Accepted Gag Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Je Hooft

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:32187927&Submit
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Je Hooft
Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:32187927

Date and Time of the Ban: 2020-01-20 22:33:58
Reason about the Ban: Racism. Inappropriate server discussion.
Admin that Banned you: @Absinthe
Why should you receive a unban for the gag: I wasn't being racist it's as simple as that. When I called an admin on someone who was being racist, a few minutes later absinthe started gagging a bunch of people. I'm guessing he/she probably saw that I said "nigga" twice and gagged me as well. I wish to say that I did not use the term in a derogatory way, and was using the word to explain, just like how another player "Fly" used the N-word to explain something as well (he wasn't gagged, rightfully so). Anyway, I didn't call anyone a nigger/nigga, didn't insult black people with the term and - most of all - I clearly wasn't going to use the word again after saying it.
Here's the chatlog for anyone interested:
1576964987427.png

Here I am explaining why the word itself isn't racist^
1576965053681.png

This was a joke and a response to someone saying the word randomly. It might be a bit weird to say but gagging someone for this is pushing the boundaries a bit IMO.

As far as I know, inappropriate server discussion isn't a rule. I know that there's a strict anti-racism rule, but what I said is definitely not racism.
And clearly, the context of saying the n-word matters as well, seeing as the user "fly" didn't get gagged even though he said the n-word. No I don't want them to get gagged as well, it's just to show that I'm way more in line with what "fly" said than any of the other users who used those racial slurs.

I have a history of getting gagged for saying borderline things like weak joking insults so I'm not very surprised I got gagged by this. However I would still like to show that I do not deserve this one as it came as a complete surprise to me. I'm also a regular and hope that people who recognize me know that I'm not a racist bigot nor even close to one.

Hi

I'm going to start by apologising as I am ill and tired so my decisions were not the best.
I started getting alot of calls from #04 so I went to check the chatlogs and saw a page full of n-words, so I acted too quickly, that was a mistake on my part.

I re-checked your chatlog and I agree that you were not being racist.

As you you said you are a regular. So you should know by now what you can and can't say on the server, you could easily avoid the gag by saying "n-word" in the chat, there was no need for you to repeat what foma said, you could have said "its only not weird to say the n-word when ur black".

I will change the reason to "Inappropriate Language" and decrease your gag time to 4 days.

Apologies for my mistake again.
Thanks.

"Accepted".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread