Declined Fishy's Admin Application for #9 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

- Name/Nickname: Giulio
- Username: Fishy

- Who gave you permission to apply? Kevin :^)

- Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:1:49767832

- Online Times and timezone: Roughly from 14:00/15:00 (UTC+01:00) to 22:00 and/or from 17:00 to 22:00, it's summer after all, got nothing to do. Although, I'm don't play TF2 all the time because I also play other games and got stuff to do too.

- Do you have a Microphone?: Yes, I don't always use it though.

- Previous experience in Admin/Mod: I previously was an admin here in the Panda Community before I left on my own choice.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?: Mostly Deathrun and Jailbreak. And yes, I plan to visit other servers if I get report coming from that server and there's currently no admins in it. I will also play on some servers other than Deathrun and Jailbreak when I want to. I'm applying for Deathrun.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: Since I previously was an admin this should be pretty obvious, but yes, I do.

- Why should we choose you?: Well, I like to help people and also punish rulebreakers. I loved being an admin before I left. I mainly left because I got tired of TF2 and wanted to try new games, and I did. Also I felt kinda useless since I wasn't playing TF2 anymore so I left, and a lot of people wanted me to become admin again (joe). And honestly there isn't much to say here, I just want to help.

- What will you do as Admin?: Firstly, warn them about what they're doing. Then if they don't listen and continue to do what they're doing I'll take action, of course it will depend on what they're currently doing or what they did:

As for some general rules:
Insulting: Gag them for 30 minutes, the amount of minutes will increase of course with how many times he/she got gagged.
Chat/Mic spamming: Gag/mute them for 30 minutes, again, the amount of minutes will vary with how many times he/she got gagged.
Speaking a foreing language in chat / voice chat: Gag/mute for 30/60/120/etc. minutes.
Racism: Gag them for minimum 60 minutes, same thing I wrote before for the amount of minutes.
Hacking: If it's obvious (eg. Aimbot/Spinhack and stuff like that) I will ban him permanently. If I'm not sure if the user is hacking or not I will record a demo and take the decision with other admins.
Exploiting: I will just slay the person using this exploit and kick him if he continues to abuse it. And if after the kick he abuses it again I'll ban him for 30/60/120/etc. minutes.

As for Deathrun:
Delaying the round: Slap the red team if they're delaying or put a fake timebomb on them.
Skipping traps using bhop: Even though this doesn't happen as frequently as it used to, I'll slay them and also ban them for a small amount of minutes if they continues to skip traps after warnings and slays.

Reactions: CiroBishop
It's great to see that you want to come back to the admin team, but I have some concerns about this application.

Deathrun already have an excellent team, and I don't really see the need of another primary admin on the server. It already have 5 full gameserver admins and one trial admin, plus some other admins who play there on a regular basis but are not primaries (like myself and Zou). I understand that you want to help, but there's not really much to help with since the current admins already does most of the work. Hiring you would just make the team bigger and it wouldn't really benefit us as much as you think, trust me.

The second thing I want to point out is your sessions and your motivation to come back to us. You said you loved being admin before you left, and you love to punish rulebreakers and if that are you reasons to come back, then I don't really like them. You only have a few sessions on record at the moment, and I know that your app has been put on hold because of that, but it also makes me think a bit. It gives me the feeling that this application was a bit rushed, if not too rushed. You could have at least spent a month playing on deathrun and contact Madact instead of Kevin wheen you felt like applying, since Kevin is not always up-to-date with everything. Do you really care about the server or do you only want to get your powers back and feel mighty once again? It's really worth considering when juding your application. Even if you were an excellent admin back then with good intentions, it doesn't have to be like that right now. Even when your sessions has become more, it doesn't mean for sure that you're going to get hired, it's a very tough decision and all the facts need to be put on the table when we discuss it.

Don't see this as an offensive comment, I have nothing against you personally, it's just that this app kind of make me upset since you don't even have enough sessions on record, nor did you ask if the server truly needed more admins. I'm not going to vote at the moment, I doubt I will vote in the near future neither but we'll see about that when the time is right. If any of the other deathrun admins have something to say that would be great, but we can't just hire someone just because we like him/her or because he/she has done a good job in the past. It's about if we need him or not, that's the most important question.

Kah out.

• Agree
Reactions: Madact
It's great to see that you want to come back to the admin team, but I have some concerns about this application.

Deathrun already have an excellent team, and I don't really see the need of another primary admin on the server. It already have 5 full gameserver admins and one trial admin, plus some other admins who play there on a regular basis but are not primaries (like myself and Zou). I understand that you want to help, but there's not really much to help with since the current admins already does most of the work. Hiring you would just make the team bigger and it wouldn't really benefit us as much as you think, trust me.

The second thing I want to point out is your sessions and your motivation to come back to us. You said you loved being admin before you left, and you love to punish rulebreakers and if that are you reasons to come back, then I don't really like them. You only have a few sessions on record at the moment, and I know that your app has been put on hold because of that, but it also makes me think a bit. It gives me the feeling that this application was a bit rushed, if not too rushed. You could have at least spent a month playing on deathrun and contact Madact instead of Kevin wheen you felt like applying, since Kevin is not always up-to-date with everything. Do you really care about the server or do you only want to get your powers back and feel mighty once again? It's really worth considering when juding your application. Even if you were an excellent admin back then with good intentions, it doesn't have to be like that right now. Even when your sessions has become more, it doesn't mean for sure that you're going to get hired, it's a very tough decision and all the facts need to be put on the table when we discuss it.

Don't see this as an offensive comment, I have nothing against you personally, it's just that this app kind of make me upset since you don't even have enough sessions on record, nor did you ask if the server truly needed more admins. I'm not going to vote at the moment, I doubt I will vote in the near future neither but we'll see about that when the time is right. If any of the other deathrun admins have something to say that would be great, but we can't just hire someone just because we like him/her or because he/she has done a good job in the past. It's about if we need him or not, that's the most important question.

Kah out.
i contacted him about it, not he me.

Might I say one thing : if a person does not fulfill a certain criteria, why keep him on hold and make an exception for him when you did not make an exception for a lot of other applicants?

If he lacks activity session-wise -simply decline him.

You can't make exceptions for certain people when you're supposed to uphold a strict conduct.

• Agree
Reactions: Kah
Might I say one thing : if a person does not fulfill a certain criteria, why keep him on hold and make an exception for him when you did not make an exception for a lot of other applicants?

If he lacks activity session-wise -simply decline him.

You can't make exceptions for certain people when you're supposed to uphold a strict conduct.

There's no official rule/criteria on sessions. He has met the 3 day mark, so technically I can't mark it as invalid, or decline it randomly...It's not my place.
I told Fishy, if he gets more session time I would give him permission. But Kevin gave it to him. I asked why, he just said we could just put it On Hold.

Here we are.

Then make it a rule. Any person who's been inactive for 1 year, but has 3+ days played, can come back and instantly apply without first proving his dedication and willingness by actually playing on the servers for a while in the first place.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: Fiescha and Kah
Then make it a rule. Any person who's been inactive for 1 year, but has 3+ days played, can come back and instantly apply without first proving his dedication and willingness by actually playing on the servers for a while in the first place.

It's a good point, but we can't just make the rule just now just so we can decline this applicant.
Plus the rule you just made up kinda will only apply to him in general. There's other applicants who have done this, but less than a year and we usually find ending up declining.

and you love to punish rulebreakers
Woah there, you may have read it wrong or I may haven't wrote it well enough. I loved being an admin, not because of my "mighty" powers as you said, I loved it just because I could help people and punish rulebreakers that ruin the experience for other players.

nor did you ask if the server truly needed more admins.
I actually did in a conversation with Kevin before I wrote this admin application. Kevin can confirm it, or I can also provide you a screenshot. Today Kevin contacted me and told me that he'd give me his permission and that I should make this application.
So yes, I DID ask if the server needed any more admins.

I started playing TF2 literally 5 days ago, and in these 5 days I've been also playing in the deathrun server and improving my sessions everyday, as you can see in the session page in GameME. Also, 1 year? I've left 3 months ago. I've also discussed a bit about the "dedication and willingness" with another admin, and I can assure you that I'm not going to stop playing again anytime soon, sir.

Fishy is returning, this only means one thing...

Either way, if people feel he is not suitable you can always put your -1's on his poor sessions/Whateverreason. Then job is a good one.

The theory of probability means that even if 1 case such as this arises, there's bound to be more where a player returns after a possibly lengthy time of inactivity and applies.

Instead of putting apps such as these on hold, either decline them or accept them based on what you currently have presented to you in the basic information which is accessible to you. Keeping applications is completely pointless and many off-tracking situations can be avoided by doing so.

Oh, and Fishy, giving me an assurance is of utmost uselessness. Right now, you're gaining session time for the sake of being accepted, so I have no reason to believe that you're going to remain doing such in the long run. Second, it'd be more fair to see you re-apply next month after you've first and foremost proven that you're active, even if it's for the sake of getting trial - your session activity needs to be trialled as well.

Right now, you're gaining session time for the sake of being accepted
"You're not playing the game because you like it, you're playing it because you want to be admin", atleast that's how that phrase looks like. As for my game time and session which you seem to OBSESSED with, I can reapply in a month if you really want to, that's not a problem. I've already stated why I made this application now.

I'm just going to give this application a -1 because your motivation to come back to us is pretty much the same as Falcon's, and we didn't like it. You can still have fun on the server without admin powers, you're not going to get more loved just because you have an admin tag in front of your name. I also talked to Madact about the need of admins on and we both agree on that the server does not need more admins since 7-8 admins already play on deathrun on a regular basis. A 9th admin wouldn't make the server into a better place.

Also a bit off-topic: I've talked with Matt-ers about changing the application help thread a bit; to clearly state that you can't contact Kevin about permission to apply if the mentioned server has a senior admin available. Would be great if we could do that since most people seem to ignore it.

I can't deny that I phrased it like that, although your version is a bit more crude.

No, I'm not obsessed with your session activity. I'm more of interested to know why the hell are applicants put on hold in any circumstances? If you're good to go, get accepted. If you're not? Declined without question.

For the love of god, if you deem him worthy right now, accept him since he's going to be on a trial period anyway, but keeping him on hold is pointless. He's either going to live up to his word or he's not going to - that's up to him.

Although this is such an unforeseen circumstance due to a short set of rules when it comes to applying, he either goes through or he doesn't. Simple as.

Applicants should not be given time to fix up an unlisted criteria.

fuck%20this%20thread.jpg

With what we are currently standing with I should really -1 you but it's because you need more time and commit. Also the fact is we're not desperate for admins on deathrun, I'll only really consider someone if they are full activity for a good while before I know they're in it for the server and not just the tag.
It's why I asked you in steam if there was anywhere else. The DR admin team is an excellent bunch, very active and friendly. They punish fair and when they are given feedback they take it on board. Also due to the fact that also Kah and Zou visit the server...Heck even still Maddity I think, it's pretty much covered.

I'm just going to give this application a -1 because your motivation to come back to us is pretty much the same as Falcon's, and we didn't like it. You can still have fun on the server without admin powers, you're not going to get more loved just because you have an admin tag in front of your name. I also talked to Madact about the need of admins on and we both agree on that the server does not need more admins since 7-8 admins already play on deathrun on a regular basis. A 9th admin wouldn't make the server into a better place.

Also a bit off-topic: I've talked with Matt-ers about changing the application help thread a bit; to clearly state that you can't contact Kevin about permission to apply if the mentioned server has a senior admin available. Would be great if we could do that since most people seem to ignore it.

With what we are currently standing with I should really -1 you but it's because you need more time and commit. Also the fact is we're not desperate for admins on deathrun, I'll only really consider someone if they are full activity for a good while before I know they're in it for the server and not just the tag.
It's why I asked you in steam if there was anywhere else. The DR admin team is an excellent bunch, very active and friendly. They punish fair and when they are given feedback they take it on board. Also due to the fact that also Kah and Zou visit the server...Heck even still Maddity I think, it's pretty much covered.

Alright, I understand. I could reapply in a month for this server or jailbreak, that's not really a problem. Maybe then you'll trust me without thinking that I'm in for an "admin" tag instead of actually wanting to help. You can decline this.

Maybe then you'll trust me without thinking that I'm in for an "admin" tag instead of actually wanting to help.
I doubt we're going to lose about 5 admins on deathrun in just one month.

*sigh*

Declined on request. You can reapply within one month, but please receive permission of the senior off the server if it is not listed in the available section. You weren't to know and it's fine Fishy, I've smacked Kevin for this!

• Friendly
Reactions: Fishy and Kah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread