Feedback for the Jailbreak Server (1 Viewer)

Teh lolheavy

(This post will be brutally honest of what I think about the server. There will be no sucking-up and no sugar-coating.)

I used to play on the jailbreak server, but have since stopped for many reasons, the number one being how the admins handle the server.

Firstly, I have noticed many times while the admins are in the server, they often don't pay any attention, and seem to be slow to take action on rule-breakers.

I can easily recall one instance when an admin was off in one portion of the map, as a guard, and another guard on another side of the map was freekilling all the prisoners. It took so much outcry from those who got killed to get him to say "Wait, were all those 6 kills in the killfeed that came up all at once freekills?" that you would think he was asleep the entire round. Then, after finally taking care of the freekiller, he proceeded to high five the two/three players left standing for another 6 minutes without respawning anyone who got freekilled.

Now, tell me, when playing TF2, do you like 6 minute respawn timers? There was quite a bit of grumbling in the dead player chat about the long wait, one player I was talking about it even went so far to say, "[Admin name here] seems to like to take fast action and respawn all the reds when he gets freekilled, but otherwise..." I found myself agreeing with them.

But we were lucky at all that he was banned so 'quickly'. A large portion of the time there are no admins in the server, leading to either constant freedays where nothing exciting happens or constant freekills that lead to instant death followed by a 3 minute respawn while the warden kills the rest of the players.

Honestly, this sever needs a lot more admins or it needs to be taken down whenever one can't be there to watch things. I asked my friend to join the server and try jailbreak for the first time, and for the first few rounds there was a good warden and we both had tons of fun. Then the good warden left and a bunch of freekillers joined, and my friend refuses to play jailbreak to this day.

Heck, the admin's strict rules and lack of presence in game has been the only reason some players have gotten in trouble in the first place. I myself was tired of sitting there for two hours as a guard while the other blues freekilled all the prisoners, and ended up teamkilling them one round to stop them. A player got screenshots of the 3 teamkills I committed and claimed that he warned me to stop or he would report and that I refused, when no such warning came.

The admins themselves said they don't care if I was warned or not because I broke the rules either way. So, remind me admins, what is the point of upholding rules in a TF2 server? To keep it enjoyable for all, right? Well guess goshdang what? I was trying to make the server a lot less miserable by getting rid of them! Several players breathed a collective sigh of relief when they weren't being murdered for no reason! But I digress.

The system is also flawed. If I wanted to get my friend to change his name to that of any random player that I don't like, go in and get him to freekill, snap a screenshot and there and just like magic, that player I don't like is getting in trouble.

So please admins, for the sake of your server, monitor it better so that people can enjoy it.

The problem is that firstly, we have only two admins who are good enough at Jailbreak and play it often enough to effectively monitor it. I realise that this is not nearly enough looking at the kind of place that server is; as we speak I am getting reports from there every minute. Secondly, nobody really competent enough ever applies to be admin there. Most who play there are not mature or intelligent enough, so there are no good options to give admin.

I understand and respect your feedback and I do apologise for the trouble that server gives. As we are, removing it may be the best option if nobody steps up to do something about it.

Another reason could be how TF2Jail is terrible.
I personally love jailbreak when we have a good warden with no freekillers. The minigames and simple and addicting, and slipping away from the group in an escape attempt is so exciting.

no, since TF2 is free 2 play problems started
U wot m8 the f2p update added hatz

Well. I know that you said is true.... becousr you are talking about DatAssassin and other admins that are not good on JB, rigth?
DaRandom is a good admin, hre always respawn peeps and slain Freekillers, DatAssassin and co enters JB to play.

And chillix changes map, so he is gud

The problem is that firstly, we have only two admins who are good enough at Jailbreak and play it often enough to effectively monitor it. I realise that this is not nearly enough looking at the kind of place that server is; as we speak I am getting reports from there every minute. Secondly, nobody really competent enough ever applies to be admin there. Most who play there are not mature or intelligent enough, so there are no good options to give admin.

I understand and respect your feedback and I do apologise for the trouble that server gives. As we are, removing it may be the best option if nobody steps up to do something about it.
:C

Why admin dont want to me to be admin?

:C

Ok. I can agree with you. There are only 2 good admins:DaRandom and Chillix (are they rigth?) and finding em is not easy ( u dont see Clillix much ) and when an admin exits, the freekillers do monster kills.
(This is a comment to make me admin)

Reactions: Fishy
Hi everybody,

I am quite new to TF2 (only about 200+ hours of experience) and one of my favorite game modes was indeed jailbreak which I really enjoyed from GMod. I used to play on any random jailbreak servers I find that has the lowest latency until I met stalker455655, who's a really awesome person and he introduced me to the panda community servers. That was when I started to play on the Panda jailbreak servers (I also play Panda Duel quite often) since everyone there are usually pleasant and the server is always well moderated.

However (I am being 100% honest here...) I found out recently that there seems to be more and more freekillers and admins are almost "non-existent" nowadays. In fact I raged quit every time I joined the Panda jailbreak server because eventually there's gonna be someone who's gonna appear on blu and kill everybody on red with a rocket launcher for following the warden's rules.

Sometimes if we are really unlucky enough, we might even get little kids on the mic screaming "DON'T KILL MEHHH!!! PLEASE DON'TTT!!!" and making everyone on the servers go deaf. And just to make it worse, typing in the chat to either tell those kids to just quiet down would never work unless someone starts to swear in the chat (still not 100% guaranteed). Also I think admins do take a "little" while to respond to reports made by players such as asking them to speak to freekillers or ban them completely.

Let me give you an example. Today I was playing with my mate stalker as usual and I got freekilled a billion times in the morning and raged quit. Then during the evening, I went into the server and got freekilled AGAIN by the same exact person. And then I had to spectate everyone else trying to kill him until he gets killed by a raging heavy-medic combo who's just robbed the armory.

Lastly, I totally agree with Lolheavy about the awful respawn times. I think that Panda.tf should really take note of this. I mean, who wants to start a game, get killed after they walked onto the yellow line by some 6 year old pyromaniac pyro who's screaming at everybody and laughing in the mic and never listens or respects what other players say. And to make things worse, everyone sits there spectating at the only survivor in red and blus running around trying to find him.

I hope panda.tf does see this post and here are just a few suggestions that I would like to make:
I personally think that panda.tf should have more admins (I know that the application has just ended a few days ago and reading through everything is indeed a very time consuming thing) but I do hope that there will be a few good new admins that would help moderate the server making sure that every tf2 player, no matter premium or f2p (which I am), can enjoy this awesome server.

PS: I am only 14 and am not English so excuse my informal and bad use of language.

Thanks,
Ryan aka The Vengeance Raptor :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread