Accepted duplicate account banned (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadi

SourceBans Ban URL: Panda Community SourceBans
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Nadi
Steam ID 32 (How to get your Steam ID 32: Click here):
STEAM_0:1:156686074
Date and Time of the Ban: 2022-01-17 02:40:41
Reason about the Ban:
[SourceSleuth] Duplicate account
Admin that Banned you: CONSOLE
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban: This is the 2nd time I have been banned for this and I wasn't even able to connect to the server since the appeal was accepted. This is my only account so I am unsure why it says duplicate. I do not use a VPN either.

Thanks for following up making another appeal. As you know your last appeal was due to you using a VPN and the IP being attached to that got flagged ending in your 1st banned. However, this one is different in that the IP is linked to another banned account being this one. With our discussion it's clear that you claim no one in your household or that shares your connecting plays TF2 and it's not a VPN in this case. I'm going to wait for confirmation from another admin before making a decision, please be patient and I'll try to resolve the problem as soon as I can as it was a banned due to console detecting an Aimbot.

The only other question I didn't ask you in our conversation is if you know or have any affiliation with this account STEAM_0:1:19192358

I don't know that account or it's owner and I am not affiliated with it.

I believe Chae is confused when I explained the 1st appeal that I'll have to explain it here so we know what's going on.

The appealer is using mobile internet. It's basically internet that doesn't require a router. I use to use it 10+ years ago. You have a usb dongle which you plug into your PC which then connects to the internet via mobile internet. I believe it's also possible to use 'hotspots' in this method.
Because the appealer is using this method to connect to the internet, shared IPs are common. Rulebreakers use this also to their advantage as mobile can have a variety of dynamic IPs which slowly get used up which can result in those who are innocent get catch up in it.

Of course I've made this assumption due to what your IP has given us. If this is wrong, feel free to PM me. But I'll lift the IP ban and the account ban. Since your IP is dynamic and shared with others this will happen often. You can just message me the next time this happens as some situations are just out of the players control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread