Declined Double Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmathers

Hello old friends (and unfortunate new people),

I hope life has been treating you well!
First and foremost, let's get the formalities out of the way, shall we?

SourceBans Ban URL: only appealing the first result (the mute), nothing else regarding that.
Name of your Banned Steam Account: sentinel taiwan #1 (aka IceStick, remember me?)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41929382
Date and Time of the Ban: 2019-10-28 21:46:16
Reason about the Ban: Racism
Admin that Banned you: @Tolfx

And now for a reading exercise:
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:
Alright, Tolfx had joined, he started doing his/her thing (slaying random people, the usual), I asked on voice "is it alright to say nigga provided I'm black?" because it was a legitimate question that I wanted an answer to (as people have asked before, you can check the chatlog for the past month to find the person who asked me that). Naturally, at least where I live, it is perfectly fine to utter the word if you're black (which I am). To my surprise, I received a kick. so I joined again and asked over voice "yo, fam, what did I get kicked for? I was asking a question", soon after which I received a permanent mute. Now, since my permanent gag by Lighty, I have kept a low profile; I didn't even bother protesting the gag as it was justified. However, receiving a permanent mute for breaking a rule I didn't even know existed (asking for clarification) -plus, having been punished for said "offence" once before with a kick from the server- is not something I'll ignore. I was unaware that being black doesn't justify using the word, as Panda Community seems to differ from the rest of the globe; moreover, I was punished twice for the same offence without being given an explanation, which is unfair. When I asked over admin chat, I was ignored several times (says a lot about the admin), then Tolfx blessed me with his/her response which was something along the lines of "You were gagged for racism" which only served to confuse me even more, because my gag was over a year ago and its reason was nowhere close to racism, even if it was a mistake on his/her part, that doesn't justify the mute, as the gag was punishment for "racism". His/her incompetency (not differentiating between a gag and a mute as an admin is a major flaw; also, mistaking an innocent question that utilized a controversial word for racism shows a lack of comprehension regarding the meaning of the word & the meaning of racism ) led me to keep asking the same question to get a justification for my mute, but to no avail as he/she left the server without properly explaining him/herself.

I'd gladly take my permanent mute had I not been punished for "racism" with a kick THEN a permanent mute.
Inb4 Evo says "punishments stack", we already had that discussion. Asking for clarification regarding a rule shouldn't be met with punishment (let alone double punishment). How could my question have offended anyone? I wasn't even directing my speech towards any individual player.
TL;DR: was punished twice for the same offence (asking a question); no proper justification was given.

Now, for the "double" part of my appeal: @Kevin why is my main account restricted? I cannot access it, and it does not seem to have been banned by you. Furthermore, as far as I'm aware, I haven't broken a single rule on the forum, so what's the silent ban (let's call it that) for? Restricting my main will simply force me to create another account, making everything more difficult for both of us. If you'd like to ban me, make it explicit with a reason; e.g., "I don't want you to be involved with my community", a bit harsh, but understandable coming from someone like you.

Cheers!

... I asked on voice "is it alright to say nigga provided I'm black?" because it was a legitimate question that I wanted an answer to (as people have asked before, you can check the chatlog for the past month to find the person who asked me that). Naturally, at least where I live, it is perfectly fine to utter the word if you're black (which I am). To my surprise, I received a kick. .... I didn't even know existed (asking for clarification) ... I was unaware that being black doesn't justify using the word, as Panda Community seems to differ from the rest of the globe; ... . (says a lot about the admin), ... something along the lines of "You were gagged for racism" which only served to confuse me even more, ... His/her incompetency (not differentiating between a gag and a mute as an admin is a major flaw; also, mistaking an innocent question that utilized a controversial word for racism shows a lack of comprehension regarding the meaning of the word & the meaning of racism ) led me to keep asking the same question to get a justification for my mute, but to no avail as he/she left the server without properly explaining him/herself.
still a troll 1 year later, sad

However, receiving a permanent mute for breaking a rule I didn't even know existed
https://panda.tf/threads/3409
Racism is strictly forbidden.
plus you've been on the servers since 2014 so that excuse is out the window.
Now, since my permanent gag by Lighty, I have kept a low profile;
intentionally evading to not get punished myes?
once before with a kick from the server- is not something I'll ignore ... I was punished twice for the same offence without being given an explanation, which is unfair
There was an issue with SourceBans, possibly due to Steam being down at the time, so I requested to kick you instead because you are generally a toxic troll.
qyl4.png
wib8.png

Now, for the "double" part of my appeal: @Kevin why is my main account restricted? I cannot access it, and it does not seem to have been banned by you. Furthermore, as far as I'm aware, I haven't broken a single rule on the forum, so what's the silent ban (let's call it that) for? Restricting my main will simply force me to create another account, making everything more difficult for both of us. If you'd like to ban me, make it explicit with a reason; e.g., "I don't want you to be involved with my community", a bit harsh, but understandable coming from someone like you.
This is a personal thing and should be kept between you two. If he blocked access from you, I wouldn't be surprised, considering your behavior.

On Tolfx's behalf
Closed and declined

Reactions: Roar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread