Declined Dodge-Ball sniping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenLunchBox

To whomever it may concern,

I would like to propose stricter sanction on the act of "sniping" on the Dodge-Ball servers (09, 19 and 29). This would be aimed at team sniping ( where someone on your own team tries to get you killed by standing behind you). Although there is already a rule in place, it is sparsely enforced. I think that if someone is killed by a rocket that is not their own, they shouldn't loose points. If this continues to occur the player may report it and the admin can decide on the sanctions he/she deems necessary. I honestly believe that sniping ruins the experience for everyone, especially high point player as they can loose up to 25 points when sniped, this simple yet effective solution would not prevent people from sniping, but prevent the sniped person from loosing points.

Than you for your time,
Kind regards GoldenLunchBox

• Agree
Reactions: Je Hooft
Teamkilling is already forbidden, as you mentioned. I don't know about that rule being "sparsely enforced", but ime when someone complains about being teamkilled in that way they were usually in a crappy position to start with.

Also, while the proposed solution is simple, it's not exactly straight-forward to implement and it doesn't really address the issue of people being teamkilled but rather the perceived issue of losing a significant amount of points over this. This suggestion seems focused mostly on #29, rather than the other two EU servers where points have never been an issue and the time it takes for a round to complete and for a player to get back into the game is a bigger issue, something that the proposed solution doesn't address.

Reactions: GoldenLunchBox
Teamkilling is already forbidden, as you mentioned. I don't know about that rule being "sparsely enforced", but ime when someone complains about being teamkilled in that way they were usually in a crappy position to start with.

Also, while the proposed solution is simple, it's not exactly straight-forward to implement and it doesn't really address the issue of people being teamkilled but rather the perceived issue of losing a significant amount of points over this. This suggestion seems focused mostly on #29, rather than the other two EU servers where points have never been an issue and the time it takes for a round to complete and for a player to get back into the game is a bigger issue, something that the proposed solution doesn't address.

Thank you for you reply TBot,

I would just like to clarify that the solution that I have proposed will not end sniping and deliberate team killing, but what it will do, is make it bearable until a better solution is found. Think of it as a semi-permanent solution, until another solution is found.

A more permanent solution would be to make all players "transparent" apart from obviously the 2 active ones. What this would do, is allow the rocket to go through player who's rocket it is not. This would require quite a bit of work to implement, but in the meantime, it could be an idea to implement the semi-permanent solution I offered above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread