Accepted Dev wanted? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Arrow

Technically, I am not applying for being an admin, but rather a community dev. I talked to Kevin yesterday and he told me that I could introduce myself here.
So what the heck, I'll just follow the guideline for admin applicants.

Name/Nickname: Matthias / Green Arrow

Steam ID: <--

Previous experience in Admin/Mod (If any):
Hosted various L4D2 servers and test servers for other mods when I helped someone out with a plugin.

Do you have a microphone?
Yes.

Online Times: Usually I'm always available/logged in somewhere

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?
Do you plan on visiting other servers in case of getting admin?
I don't play much TF2 atm as I don't like the game itself but rather the mods, but I have been playing since around the first pyro update, then stopped, sold my account and now come back.
Usually it is either DodgeBall or HighTower as Demoknight.

Do you have experience with SourceMod and how it works?
Ehm, yes. I started getting into software development when I was around 15 or 16. I started with VB.Net, then went to C# and Java, while mostly staying at C#. I developed various applications, either for private use, someone else, or public release. Projects and fields of expertise included, but were not limited to:
WinForm-Applications, an own 2d-engine built upon the XNA-Framework, experiments in gesture recognition using the WiiMote-Lib, and many many more things.
Also I have gotten into sourcemod plugin development roughly 4 years ago so I have loads of experience.

Why should we choose you?
My expertise, my experience, my stubbornness when it comes to not giving up on a problem.

I could also help with various things like:
Would take too long to name everything I have done since my first contact with a computer, but if anything, I am very adaptable regarding new stuff as well.
Also I generally tend to have a unique perspective when it comes to problem-solving which has proven to be quite valuable to not only myself but others. So there's nothing wrong with asking me for input on a specific problem.

Reactions: Electrod
y3xCEsZ.png

Also why did you just put an arrow pointing to 'SteamID' there instead of giving us your ID?

Reactions: Kevin
y3xCEsZ.png

Also why did you just put an arrow pointing to 'SteamID' there instead of giving us your ID?
maybe the arrow is to show on the steam profile under the forum account thingie :D:

No real arrow, no real bow here, so there is a chance to miss. Even for me. :(
On a related note: I won't miss "my" next episode airing tomorrow.

Reactions: Kevin
As we have Stabbin and me for developing stuff, I think it's enough.
Also, I wouldn't really like to work with someone who:
A. Broke Steam ToS by selling his account.
B. Having a private profile, that's just too suspicious.

Ehm, okay, I am not sure how selling an account would define me as unsuitable, keeping in mind that Steam's policies regarding this are widely unaccepted. (At least here in Germany).
Regarding the "private" profile: It is actually friends-only, the template here doesn't know the difference. I generally keep information as private as possible because I know how the internet works. If I were to scam someone I'd pick a target with a public profile giving me as much information as possible to create a convincing scenario as to how I met said person, why I added him/her, why certain links should be clicked on, etc. In general it is the same reason you're bringing up point B.

Also, I'd like to add, it is rather mandatory to have a fo-profile for games like L4D. Which was one of the main reasons for me to change my privacy settings before scamming became much more attractive due to trading.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaihne
Anyway, mind showing us some of your work?

Just wanted to say that I have a server with some of my work up and ready. I told Ron yesterday, but he seems to be busy.

Not sure what to think of Kevin not replying to me and Ron not telling me he is ready to take a look at my work for a week.

you didnt contacted me yet, maybe we can do it later :pandastunned:

I left you a message on Steam a few days ago. As a matter of fact I can still see it when I open the chat window. :p

maybe cause i was at work, when i come back i got around 500 messages (not including skype :D:)

accepted, more infos soon :) :pandastunned:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread